Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2010, 02:22 AM

135 posts, read 139,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Your posts are like broken records. I've been to Stormfront before and you haven't said anything that I haven't heard. I've also been to the USDOJ website (years ago). There is no anti-white attitude among black youth. Since you keep repeating the same things over and over, let me repeat this, most violent crime by blacks are committed against blacks, not Whites. Since your familiar with the USDOJ, I'm sure you've seen the victim stats as well.

Your stats do not prove your whole anti-white thing. How many of these blacks that are committing crime are below the poverty level? If You are going to discuss the disproportionate number of blacks in prison, let's discuss the disproportionate number of blacks below the poverty level and the correlation between crime and poverty.This is were socio-economic status comes into play. How about the racial disparities in sentencing between blacks and whites who commit the same crimes or how many whites are arrested compared to the number of Whites that actually receive prison sentneces? How about racial profiling?

This incident has nothing to do with ANY of that but you keep bringing it up over and over again. The thing that stands out here is that this girl did not get the help that she should have yet you want to make this into a "look how bad blacks are" and "all black people are to blame when one does wrong" issue. If this was a White girl who was attacked for "acting black", would you be focused on the race as a whole or simply upset because no one protected her? Are all white people responsible and to blame every time a white person hurts another White person? You sure are talking a lot about black culture for someone who probably has not associated with too many black people. You are not an expert on the black community and certainly not an authority on what black leaders should be doing.
What are some of the black leaders doing? I see Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton at the forefront, and yet they do nothing besides create more drama on top of whatever has occured in the first place. I don't challenge you to point out specifics, though it would be nice to know specifically that there are black leaders who are doing something and what they're doing to discourage this behavior and replace it with something constructive rather than something so horribly destructive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 03:17 AM

805 posts, read 774,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Police also have no responsibility to "protect".. Per SCOTUS

Legal Snares for the Unwary Law-Abiding Citizen

But overall, this is just another racist attack...
Black guards watching a black girl getting beaten and robbed by black thugs.
The one guard was practically pushed out of the way by the black girl doing the attacking!
You see someone getting kicked in the head and being brutally attacked and you don't try to stop it???

No Humanity in Seattle!

Guards should be jailed, tried in court, found guilty and sent to prison along with the thugs.

Somebody has a lot of "soul" searching to do!

Old 02-12-2010, 05:30 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th Street View Post
As a black person who as been accused of "acting white" throughout my life, I believe you are oversimplifying this issue. This has nothing to do with black people attacking anything white, it has more to do with class struggle between black populations. There is, unfortunately, some tension between blacks who grow up poor, and the growing population of blacks who live middle and upper-middle class lifestyles. "Acting white" or "proper" is not really about white people (I don't think this girl would have had the same issue if she had she actually been white), it's about some black people perceiving that other black people think they are better than because of certain characteristics they may have. There is a lot of complexity to this issue that I don't think you fully understand.
Other than idiocy, what is so complex, please elaborate?

Old 02-12-2010, 05:58 AM

177 posts, read 266,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
Black guards watching a black girl getting beaten and robbed by black thugs.
The one guard was practically pushed out of the way by the black girl doing the attacking!
You see someone getting kicked in the head and being brutally attacked and you don't try to stop it???

No Humanity in Seattle!

Guards should be jailed, tried in court, found guilty and sent to prison along with the thugs.

Somebody has a lot of "soul" searching to do!

This is the problem with this Country.

People let themselves become 'victims' to these thugs - Call the police? No. It's time for the good folk's to do some house cleaning. Police have had how many years to clean up East L.A? Courts? Ya, Get a 'protection order' L.O.L

Shoot
Shovel
Shut up

This Girl is to young for a Firearm,IMHO
Get her a Taser or Bear spray

BTW, IF people did this to my daughter - Courts would be the last thing they need to worry about.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:28 AM

97 posts, read 116,896 times
Hate crime ?

Old 02-12-2010, 06:51 AM

805 posts, read 774,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coon dog View Post
This is the problem with this Country.

People let themselves become 'victims' to these thugs - Call the police? No. It's time for the good folk's to do some house cleaning. Police have had how many years to clean up East L.A? Courts? Ya, Get a 'protection order' L.O.L

Shoot
Shovel
Shut up

This Girl is to young for a Firearm,IMHO
Get her a Taser or Bear spray

BTW, IF people did this to my daughter - Courts would be the last thing they need to worry about.
Amen to that - security guards included!

Old 02-12-2010, 08:07 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
that is strange i have been extremely poor, lost 50 lbs due to food deprivation (another country). i did not pack a 9mm-- rape or murder others, sell drugs, join a gang. why does urban america think there is a natural law that says the poor must be violent???
jessie jackson speaks for martin luther king, he was his personal aide, black on black violence results in the death of more black people in just 1 year than all the lynchings in history.
signed
a non white
see profile
No one said that being poor justifies comitting a crime but there is still a correlation between poverty and crime and it does not only include black people. I never said that all poor people are criminals but it does not change the fact that there is a direct correlation between poverty and crime. If Mary Phagan wants to discuss stats, I can too and if you are going to keep talking about the disproportionate amount of blacks in prison, I had to bring other factors into this discussion and I see just like her, you are good at cherry picking. If you want to spend the day talking about how bad blacks are, go right ahead. If you want to blame every black person for what a black criminal does, just shows that you make gerneralizations based on race and are going to continue to do so. Stay in 1955, if you want. I have moved on.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:28 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,326,665 times
Quote:
No one said that being poor justifies comitting a crime but there is still a correlation between poverty and crime and it does not only include black people. I never said that all poor people are criminals but it does not change the fact that there is a direct correlation between poverty and crime. If Mary Phagan wants to discuss stats, I can too and if you are going to keep talking about the disproportionate amount of blacks in prison, I had to bring other factors into this discussion and I see just like her, you are good at cherry picking. If you want to spend the day talking about how bad blacks are, go right ahead. If you want to blame every black person for what a black criminal does, just shows that you make gerneralizations based on race and are going to continue to do so. Stay in 1955, if you want. I have moved on.
You both are wrong in your premise about poor people commiting crimes...that is a very large myth...poor people don't commit crimes...

Criminal enterprises do, gangs, drug dealers...who are competing for the dollar...or the corner, at which to sell drugs, or pimp their women...kinda like the mafia wars...

A black person just doesnt shoot another black person for sport, like deer hunters do..

The shootings that take place are by criminals, shooting other criminals that are on their turf...there's a lot of cash flow in the underworld economy...and gangs compete with each other for that cash...

So again, their not just shooting each other for sport...like when the Mexican drug cartel battle...their competing for realistate in which to operate their 'business'....got it, get it, good....

Old 02-12-2010, 08:39 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,083,002 times
It's easy for everyone to say, from behind their computer screens, that they would've jumped in and helped, but I wonder how many actually would've done so if they were there. Sad to say we live in an apathetic society where people turn their heads and look the other way, pretend they don't see what's happening right in front of them.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:40 AM

646 posts, read 801,783 times
Quote:
But the factors you brought in are wrong,while poverty plays a part,yes.But again,more whites are on welfare so why are there not more whites in prison.It is a mindset,mentality in many black youth,not their economic status.But I can see why this only gets worse in urban areas,because people like you get defensive and refuse to accept the facts.I am not arguing about it no more,until the parents in the black community starts to raise their kids with a more positive mentality we will continue to witness these types of incidents.It is time for the elder blacks to do their job and chande this destructive mindset.Your name is factsplease,you have been given that,but you will not listen.When the parents tell them not that they are being held down by the man,but that they can become,hmmm president
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies