Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 03:13 AM

1,174 posts, read 5,903,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
Sadly,I think like most politicians he is merely a political sock puppet.
MBG
If that's the case then I vote for Ollie! I've never trusted that Kukla; beady eyes, premature baldness, the drinker's red nose... too untrustworthy in my view. The big question is whether that wimpy Lambchop will enter as a third candidate spoiler.

I wager half the people reading this have no idea what I'm talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 09:33 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,559,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpoint View Post
I am wondering if President Bush has decided to become a Liberal or has he always been one? I am trying to think of one conservative thing he has done for this country and I cannot. Heck, it was even Hillary who gave a speech demanding we go to war in Iraq, because she felt Iraq was a threat based on her own seperate sources.

Now the President wants to pass this insane amnesty bill and says anyone who oposses it is anti-American. I submit now that President Bush may possibly have been a Liberal from the beginning and has been working with left in an effort to destroy the Republican party.

Will the real conservatives please stand up and fight for our country, before it is too late.
This is pecisely the cause of Bush's abysmal ratings now; as you suggested, those who voted him in feel deceived and violated in a very blatant, in-your-face way. If the man was at least a SMOOTH, CHARMING liar, he'd still have a few followers-but it seems he's not capable of even TRYING to "get us behind him". I don't appreciate being addressed as though I were a 6-year old; it's dismissive, and insults my intelligence.
That's the crux of it; those who "woo" us, and then betray us, are in for a lot more of our disgust, than those who we never trusted from the beginning...

Old 07-23-2007, 09:50 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
George bush has always been on the Dark Side. He allied himself with the binLaden family and has never looked back.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:26 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
This is pecisely the cause of Bush's abysmal ratings now; as you suggested, those who voted him in feel deceived and violated in a very blatant, in-your-face way. If the man was at least a SMOOTH, CHARMING liar, he'd still have a few followers-but it seems he's not capable of even TRYING to "get us behind him". I don't appreciate being addressed as though I were a 6-year old; it's dismissive, and insults my intelligence.
That's the crux of it; those who "woo" us, and then betray us, are in for a lot more of our disgust, than those who we never trusted from the beginning...

I don't understand why anyone should be surprised about this man.

The first time I saw him, this Connecticut born, prep-schooled, Ivy League educated child of privilege doing the corn-pone act one word came immediately to mind:PHONY

Old 07-23-2007, 11:14 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,633,251 times
I never realised he had ever been on the side of "light" in the first place !

Old 07-23-2007, 11:36 AM

335 posts, read 1,436,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I never realised he had ever been on the side of "light" in the first place !
seriously. the thread title gives the pres too much credit.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:59 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,901,797 times
burdell: no, he cannot be impeached, as most of his actions have been legal.

The web of laws in this country, like the tax code, leaves very little to objectivity. The government reserves the right to do whatever it wants. The branches of government often overstep their bounds, as well as retreat within them.

In Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four, the four pillars of government are delineated clearly, but serve interoperably. Our three pillars were designed to be mushy, so that they compete with each other, not collaborate.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:07 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
The force is not with him.

On a more serious note, its pretty funny for grown adults to refer to the other side as the "dark side" when its only a matter of a difference of political perspectives. Perhaps some people never grew out of "nenny nenny booboo".

LOL, you go girl!

Old 07-24-2007, 08:11 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,781,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
LOL, you go girl!
I think being responsible for over 600,000 deaths is pretty dark. Guess he needed the oil from Iraq to fuel his death Star (built by haliburton) and keep Emporer palpa-Cheney happy.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:37 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,642,016 times
Speaking of the "dark side", noone has brought up the conspiracy organizations (i.e. Trilateral Commission, Council on Foreign Relations, Masons, etc.). Doesn't he belong to Skull and Cross? or something like that? Maybe it deserves another look, is usually poo pooed as craziness, but one has to wonder in light of recent traitorous actions of El Presidente Jorge. All of the Wash DC "elites" said to belong to these outfits, true or false?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies