Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 12:05 PM

1,457 posts, read 6,032,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
If you start a thread, I promise NOT to go there!
Here !! Here !!

So I specifically named you in the OP - with an implication, just so you have to grin and bear it, retort or agree.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 12:06 PM

938 posts, read 1,230,685 times
Quote:
You know, I sincerely sorry that your brother lost his job.
I know that you're in school and that you believe that you understand what's going on in our country right now so I won't try to explain it to you...

but...

I can only imagine the conversations that your family has at their gatherings if your 10 year old niece asked that question.

Your family must be kind of like the terrorists... you start brainwashing them as children...

I bet she's home schooled, too...
You're not that intelligent I gather. Cited by your vitriol of a response to a what a child spoke.

Maybe YOU are like the terrorists. Anything remotely contrary to your blissful dip into Obama's catnip jug is a falsehood. that's not America. WE AEMRICANS debate the issues and come to a common ground. Your thinking is that similar to a Facist. your way or no way. that's not America, that's Obamanomics.

and you know I'm in school? how about you don't know anything about me but my username. It at least makes you more intelligent than you're coming across.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:08 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
You're not that intelligent I gather. Cited by your vitriol of a response to a what a child spoke.

Maybe YOU are like the terrorists. Anything remotely contrary to your blissful dip into Obama's catnip jug is a falsehood. that's not America. WE AEMRICANS debate the issues and come to a common ground. Your thinking is that similar to a Facist. your way or no way. that's not America, that's Obamanomics.

and you know I'm in school? how about you don't know anything about me but my username. It at least makes you more intelligent than you're coming across.
If we ignore him will he go away?

Last edited by World Citizen; 02-17-2010 at 12:21 PM..

Old 02-17-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
You know, I sincerely sorry that your brother lost his job.
I know that you're in school and that you believe that you understand what's going on in our country right now so I won't try to explain it to you...

but...

I can only imagine the conversations that your family has at their gatherings if your 10 year old niece asked that question.

Your family must be kind of like the terrorists... you start brainwashing them as children...

You don't seem to bright. Cited by your vitriol of a response to a what a child spoke.

Maybe YOU are like the terrorists. Anything remotely contrary to your blissful dip into Obama's catnip jug is a falsehood. that's not America. WE AMERICANS debate the issues and come to a common ground that's best for the country as a whole. Your thinking is that similar to a Facist. your way or no way. that's not America, that's Obamanomics. this is the core reason his approval rating is in the toilet no matter how bad his media cronies skew the figures. the people are out in force showing him this in the form of tea-parties and rallies.

And you know I'm in school? how about you don't know anything about me but my username. It at least makes you look more intelligent than you're coming across.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:16 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
In the end;I judge program by what it was intended to do;i this case keep unemployemnt under 8% and to build massive infrastruture projects to do that. IM;'it has been a big flop especailly when you look at the things it has done and now they were aimned at specail interest groups. I thnik that the same people proposing another stimulus speaks volumes about it. I thnik most realise that those who proposed the stimulus need to pay the price at the polls.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Maybe your 10 yr old neice should learn to blame the President who brought about the recession - rather than the one who was simply given an economy that was ALREADY in a nosedive.

Sorry about your brother's job, but the fact is the economy was ALREADY plunging fast when Obama took over. In fact, aside from a couple of small setbacks in December and August (I think), the number of job cuts has fallen steadily every month since he took office - as opposed to the rapid gain in job cuts that was going on prior to that.

Ken
That would fly IF my brother lost his job during Bush's horrible 8 years in office, but it didn't, he actually got a promotion during Bush's FIRST 4 years....give Obama credit for that right?

Now, I'm not a Bush apologist by no stretch but I'm definitely not touting Obama until some REAL progress is made. As yet, I've seen NONE.

I'm pretty sick of all his Pep Rallies for Change. As if to make us all comfy with not being a Capitalistic country anymore.

I will be too happy when he's out of office. and he WILL be.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:22 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
So, not only is your niece incapable of reading a graph but you are as well. Interesting.

Quote:
If you offered something to debate, perhaps I would. So, far your contribution to the conversation has amounted to an bunch of non sequiturs, boring home spun homilies, chastisements regarding the style but not the substance of my responses and now a completely lunatic fringed rant about terrorist. But then I have to assume that you are one of those Real Americans® and as such your nonsensical utterances should be excused for what they are, sort of.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Maybe your 10 yr old neice should learn to blame the President who brought about the recession - rather than the one who was simply given an economy that was ALREADY in a nosedive.

Sorry about your brother's job, but the fact is the economy was ALREADY plunging fast when Obama took over. In fact, aside from a couple of small setbacks in December and August (I think), the number of job cuts has fallen steadily every month since he took office - as opposed to the rapid gain in job cuts that was going on prior to that.

Ken

At least that's what they told us. You sound like a tape recorded message to me. Much like all of the people supporting Obama. but it doesn't wash.

Some of the Obama's decisions won't hit until later, some have already hit. you must understad this fact. You seem to understand it when applying it to past presidents but not with Obama.

why is that?

Old 02-17-2010, 12:30 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Hilarious!

We've LOST 3 million jobs since the Failed Stimulus was enacted.

Is it ANY wonder the NYT parrots the obama talking points to try and save his a**?
The stimulus wasn't needed and, yes, it's failed. Most of the stimulus hasn't even been used! We were going to go over the cliff into an abysmal depression of no return if the stimulus wasn't passed immediately. It hasn't been used and we didn't go over the cliff, did we. We would have done no worse without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I assume you would prefer to have lost 5-6 million jobs instead.
We would not have lost any more jobs than that if it hadn't been passed.
How can you say that the stimulus is responsible for recovery when only a small percentage of it has been used?

Quote:
Personally I feel the Stimulus Bill was backed by Fear-based politics. And the majority of the masses ate it up. Now we ALL have to work to get out of this mess created by the fearmongers. Let's all work to make it happen in 2012 after we get that new guy out. Because this next 3 years will be brutal to say the least.
You are correct. It was sold to the public based on Democrat induced fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
God I love those Real American™ back porchie you betcha golly wow ways of saying a lot while saying nothing all at the same time.

So, if you don't mind the eastern elitisms, is your argument that Facebook, blogs and Twitter have replaced good old fashioned historical research?
Not much different from the Chicago elitisms used by the Pres that say a lot while saying nothing at all, are they? He won office based on his nothing sayings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You are new here, some of us have long standing relationships, so until you learn the dynamics of those relationships, I would suggest butting out.
Ooooh...sounds just like the Dems. Wanna take this discussion behind Pelosi's closed doors, so that no dissenting ideas can enter in?

Quote:

Your family must be kind of like the terrorists... they start brainwashing you as children...

No, I think a more apt analogy is "like the liberal education system that starts brainwashing our children early"...

Don't knock it if you don't know it. Home schooled kids have shown they do far better than many public school kids, and they develop thinking skills as opposed to parroting skills.

Quote:
...the fact is the economy was ALREADY plunging fast when Obama took over. Ken
Ahhh...yes, the familiar refrain... Blame Bush...but never the Democrats who voted for everything that Bush did the last years that they had control. Maybe liberals should face up to it and learn to blame *both*.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:32 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
Default Homeschooling, anyone ???

Ya gotta love the conservative, religious zealot type newcomers to the forum. It seems that we've had a run of them lately....

Some of them even have religious screen names...

It usually only takes a few posts to figure out who they are.

Quote:
No, I think a more apt analogy is "like the liberal education system that starts brainwashing our children early"...

Don't knock it if you don't know it.

Home schooled kids have shown they do far better than many public school kids, and they develop thinking skills as opposed to parroting skills.

Southward Bound...

oh,... please...

you're response is a perfect!

Quote:
"the liberal education system starts brainwashing our children early"...
If you think a 10 year old isn't "parroting" when they make comments like that about the politics,... think again.

I've met plenty of folks who are homeschooling their children....

I've formed my own opinion.

Last edited by World Citizen; 02-17-2010 at 01:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies