Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2010, 01:32 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by via chicago View Post
do you also not think Timothy McVeigh was a terroirist?

But this is quite different. His first target was his own family;I that he burnt their house down which from reports was not listed in foreclaosure.He left them in a real lurch in that not not only did he take their shelter but even the asset of his airplane which was registered to him in california. Then of course he tried to murder alot of unknown people in a building while committing suicade. This guy is no terroist; he is a coward that couldn't deal with his financial problems like a human being and decided to committt suicide taking others with him and leaving his wife and daughter homeless and to deal with his problems.He is no more a terrorist than someone who kills his family and then a cop then committs suicide.His cause was himself entirely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 01:45 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
But this is quite different. His first target was his own family;I that he burnt their house down which from reports was not listed in foreclaosure.He left them in a real lurch in that not not only did he take their shelter but even the asset of his airplane which was registered to him in california. Then of course he tried to murder alot of unknown people in a building while committing suicade. This guy is no terroist; he is a coward that couldn't deal with his financial problems like a human being and decided to committt suicide taking others with him and leaving his wife and daughter homeless and to deal with his problems.He is no more a terrorist than someone who kills his family and then a cop then committs suicide.His cause was himself entirely.
That's what makes him a terrorist. Killing innocent people to make a political point. Burning his own house down just makes him an average homicidal nutjob.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:45 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,172,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow
I don't understand everyone's need to assign this guy to a party or even a category--and preferably one that "the other people" belong to. Based on his writings and actions, he wrote things with which people on all sides of the political spectrum can agree and disagree.

Overall he appeared to be obsessive, paranoid and spiteful. People with those characteristics are found in all fringe political movements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking
Instead of trying to rejoice in the fact that this guy might have been to the right politically or a leftist to justify your poliical stance even more there can be examples of violence shown done by leftists and the right, so neither political side is without guilt in history.
I agree with these.

I also agree with this.
Quote:
Why is it that a handful of thugs and plunderers can commit unthinkable atrocities (and in the case of the GM executives, for scores of years) and when it’s time for their gravy train to crash under the weight of their gluttony and overwhelming stupidity, the force of the full federal government has no difficulty coming to their aid within days if not hours?
I wasn't exactly against the bailouts, but I believe that these people did many crooked things they should've been punished for. Crony capitalism (not capitalism as a whole) should not be supported.

I can understand his anger, but what he did was flat wrong.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:47 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Instead of trying to rejoice in the fact that this guy might have been to the right politically or a leftist to justify your poliical stance even more there can be examples of violence shown done by leftists and the right, so neither political side is without guilt in history.
Exactly. The rejoicing is downright creepy.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:49 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I think, really, deep down he was angry at himself for the choices he made, but he didn't want to take ownership of those choices. So he blamed everyone else. But took his own life. While jeopardizing others.
I'd agree with that. Throw in a little paranoia and mental illness fueled by the current popularity of secessionists and extremists, etc, and we get a suicide bomber.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:51 PM

938 posts, read 1,230,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
That's what makes him a terrorist. Killing innocent people to make a political point. Burning his own house down just makes him an average homicidal nutjob.
no it doesn't. It anything it would have been a murder suicide but thankfully nobody died but him, so it's only a suicide. he didn't have an agenda against the gubment. he was just mad at the non-american taxing authority called the IRS. have you ever heard of these people?

Old 02-18-2010, 01:52 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
No false flag here.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:53 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,172,561 times
When I first heard the news, I figured this guy was mentally ill. I retract that statement. I'd say he was really pissed off and had reached the breaking point. I attribute this to a lapse of reason and strong emotions. Not trying to justify anything. I just don't think he was mentally ill. Of course, I could always be wrong.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:56 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
You'd think in all the years Bush spent in office since 9/11, he would have put new aviation procedures in place to prevent these sort of attacks from ever happening again?

Guess Bush didn't do such a great job protecting us afterall?

Republicans always like to give Bush credit for the security procedures he put in place whenever attacks are prevented during Obama's presidency.

Wonder what the Republicans will say now?
97 posts before a leftist blamed bush. you guys are slipping

say, hasn't obama been in office over a year now?

Old 02-18-2010, 01:56 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,123,478 times
It says he was a successful business owner for 15 years. NO wonder he was mad at the IRS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies