Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 03:41 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Nope.

Never even winged anybody.

Still carry a gun most days, though.

Haven't had a flat tire since I don't know when and never anticipate having a flat anytime I leave home. Still, I think it's wise to have a spare tire and the knowledge to mount it, just in case.
I don't even see a point in driving--but when I did, I didn't bother carrying around the extra weight of a spare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 03:51 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,490,368 times
How did that insulting anti-gun thread get ...100 comments..?

Old 03-02-2010, 04:19 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,402,807 times
Hopefully the OP gets to have a nice conversation with the fool that executes him after the home invasion...
I see no reason to regret doing a favor for the general public. There are failures and they need to be removed. I don't see why some people have a hard time seeing this.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:04 PM

^I've had my home invaded, and I put him out of my house--physically, no gun required.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:15 PM

102 posts, read 138,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I know A LOT of you think you'd actually kill someone or at least are in love with the idea of dong it even in self defense. The main reason why you own gun.

I work at a mens shelter and we get a handful of guys that get out of prison for murder, be it self defense or otherwise.

I always hear the same thing from each guy, here's what they say:

If I could do it all over again I would NEVER have taken the persons life. These guys are real killers not wannabe's like many of you. I've met guys that went to prison at 25 and did not get out until they were 60 and they tell me it's not a day that goes by in which they wish they could bring the person they killed back.

I talking guys that have killed in self defense. Yes, you can get prison time for self defense murder charge.

So, all of you wannabe killers. Do you really think you could do it?

I know some of you think the "minorities" are "stealing everything from you" and you need to get a pistol to protect yourself and family.

Or you're just scared of blacks and Hispanics......whatever the reason.

Why do you think you could do it? Have you ever talked to a real killer?

I'm not talking some big month macho a**hole neither.

Well, tell me.........

I'm not a "wannabe" killer at all and I would prefer NOT to have to own a gun, but I will damn sure use it if my life or someone in my family's life is threatened. I do realize however that if a white man kills a black man, even in self-defense, then he will automatically be branded as an "evil, no-good, hatemongering racist" and have to sit in front of 12 jurors who, if black, will automatically vote on the side of the black, since black people almost ALWAYS stick together, and/or 12 dumbed-down white jurors who would rather be "politically correct" than vote the truth. From there he will be thrown in prison with a largely black populace who will look to kill, rape and do whatever to him they can, because if he fights back, then he's a racist.

So....owning a gun and defending ones self can be very dangerous these days if he/she is white. Uh oh...I guess that makes me a "racist" for saying something so evil like that.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:21 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Any post that refers to killing someone as the "main reason why you own a gun" and refers to gun owners as "wannabe" killers deserves ZERO response.

Take your Holier Than Thou Because I Work At A Mens Shelter attitude someplace else. It's clear you have no clue whatsoever regarding gun ownership. It may work on the downtrodden that you deal with daily, but it certainly won't work on someone like myself who could and would run circles around you in an intelligent gun ownership debate.

Any person who comes into my castle intending to do harm will have a humbling experience. Whether he comes out dead or alive is up to the Lord.

And don't you forget it.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:36 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't even see a point in driving
All I can say is it's one of those you either "get" right away or you never do.

Quote:
--but when I did, I didn't bother carrying around the extra weight of a spare.

This statement just reinforces your first.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
All I can say is it's one of those you either "get" right away or you never do.

This statement just reinforces your first.
Live simply, and you don't need unnecessary things. Like fire extinguishers, seat belts, spare tires.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:27 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
Quote:
Live simply, and you don't need unnecessary things. Like fire extinguishers, seat belts, spare tires.
Gee TK - Seat Belts are kind of permanently attached to most vehicles these days. They are not removable

AND - wearing them has become a requirement in most States == and many States now make failure to wear them a primary stop --

You should stay up on these things TK

Old 03-03-2010, 09:33 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,319,109 times
Quote:
owning a computer and engaging in online arguments is your idea of 'living simply"? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies