Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 03:42 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,179,786 times

Advertisements

I know A LOT of you think you'd actually kill someone or at least are in love with the idea of dong it even in self defense. The main reason why you own gun.

I work at a mens shelter and we get a handful of guys that get out of prison for murder, be it self defense or otherwise.

I always hear the same thing from each guy, here's what they say:

If I could do it all over again I would NEVER have taken the persons life. These guys are real killers not wannabe's like many of you. I've met guys that went to prison at 25 and did not get out until they were 60 and they tell me it's not a day that goes by in which they wish they could bring the person they killed back.

I talking guys that have killed in self defense. Yes, you can get prison time for self defense murder charge.

So, all of you wannabe killers. Do you really think you could do it?

I know some of you think the "minorities" are "stealing everything from you" and you need to get a pistol to protect yourself and family.

Or you're just scared of blacks and Hispanics......whatever the reason.

Why do you think you could do it? Have you ever talked to a real killer?

I'm not talking some big month macho a**hole neither.

Well, tell me.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 03:53 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,214,990 times
Do they say that because that is the expected thing to say? I mean they are supposed to express regret right? Or is it a case of regret due to getting caught?
Battle is battle. If you are at war or you are defending yourself from a criminal battle is battle. I have killed my fair share in battle and never felt regret for it. It was them or me.
Criminals. People who feel it is okay to victimize those they feel are weaker than themselves. You opt for that path you are also opting for the consequences.
Wanna be killers? I am not sure that I have ever met a gun owner that wanted to shoot another person. I have met a few who talked brave. Those are normally the guys who buy a gun that seldom if ever go to the range to practice. In other words talkers.
I wonder why did the op need to make this about race? That a gun owner would worry that only minorities are criminals or a threat? This gun owner served with blacks and hispanics and I view them the same as I do my fellow white vets.
This thread is flame bait nothing more.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:59 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,179,786 times
Why would they be expected to say it. I am not the parole board nor are they on parole when they get to my shelter. These guys are serious, I even see them telling some of the younger wannabe thugs to stop with the foolishness because killing someone is not the way to go. I've been doing this long enough, I know bullsh*t when I hear ut, these guys are not playing.

Why did I mention race? you cannot deny that's why people get guns. I did not say white people. Don't assume blacks would not buy a gun because they are scared of other blacks.

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Do they say that because that is the expected thing to say? I mean they are supposed to express regret right? Or is it a case of regret due to getting caught?
Battle is battle. If you are at war or you are defending yourself from a criminal battle is battle. I have killed my fair share in battle and never felt regret for it. It was them or me.
Criminals. People who feel it is okay to victimize those they feel are weaker than themselves. You opt for that path you are also opting for the consequences.
Wanna be killers? I am not sure that I have ever met a gun owner that wanted to shoot another person. I have met a few who talked brave. Those are normally the guys who buy a gun that seldom if ever go to the range to practice. In other words talkers.
I wonder why did the op need to make this about race? That a gun owner would worry that only minorities are criminals or a threat? This gun owner served with blacks and hispanics and I view them the same as I do my fellow white vets.
This thread is flame bait nothing more.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:06 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,485 times
Just more anti-gun troll bait.

I would kill anyone without hesitation if they were threatening me or my family with harm. That is what I am suppose to do, and that is what I have been trained to do.

Now if I can get me and mine safely away from harm without firing a shot, even it that means losing something of monetary value, I will do so.

To defend is justified, to keep you dvd player is not.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:14 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,146,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I know A LOT of you think you'd actually kill someone or at least are in love with the idea of dong it even in self defense. The main reason why you own gun.

I work at a mens shelter and we get a handful of guys that get out of prison for murder, be it self defense or otherwise.

If I could do it all over again I would NEVER have taken the persons life. These guys are real killers not wannabe's like many of you. I've met guys that went to prison at 25 and did not get out until they were 60 and they tell me it's not a day that goes by in which they wish they could bring the person they killed back.

I talking guys that have killed in self defense. Yes, you can get prison time for self defense murder charge.

I know some of you think the "minorities" are "stealing everything from you" and you need to get a pistol to protect yourself and family.

Well, tell me.........
Does owning a lock on my door mean I secretly want to get burglarized? Does owning renter's insurance mean I secretly want my apartment to burn down? Does having life insurance mean I secretly want to die?

All of these questions make just as much sense as the idiotic basic premise of your post, never mind the even more idiotic secondary premises.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:47 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Just more anti-gun troll bait.

I would kill anyone without hesitation if they were threatening me or my family with harm. That is what I am suppose to do, and that is what I have been trained to do.

Now if I can get me and mine safely away from harm without firing a shot, even it that means losing something of monetary value, I will do so.

To defend is justified, to keep you dvd player is not.
I have the same view,except I do not have any traning unless you count deer hunting.I hope to live life with out ever pointing or shooting a gun at anyone but I will protect my homefront.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:51 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
Quote:

Well, tell me.........
You sound like you have a problem playing the race card in your own thread stating out. You need to talk to someone it seems but a professional.hy do you think they call them cons;shelter expert?

Old 02-27-2010, 06:02 AM

2,574 posts, read 2,486,932 times
Well,"Ron",
if u intruded into my home with intention to kill me,I would not hesitate to act in self defence
& I would not regret it ...

Old 02-27-2010, 06:38 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,275,133 times
[quote]
Quote:
Do you think you are addressing members of a serial killer messageboard?

Quote:
"Self defense or otherwise". Do you think that a law abiding citizen shooting an intruder in his home while his babies are silently sleeping a mere few feet away is akin to a career criminal gunning down a store clerk during an armed robbery????!

Quote:

That's good that these a-holes show regret. That's all I'll give you. But here's a question: Do you think that a law abiding citizen shooting an intruder in his home in the dead of the night is going to get a 35 year hitch in the state max facility?? You cannot be this stupid.

Quote:

I stand corrected!

Old 02-27-2010, 06:43 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,352,993 times
Ron is really bored . Turn the computer off and go get a real life . Baiting strangers on the internet is NOT considered a sport . Try jogging or tennis .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies