Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 07:24 AM

24 posts, read 34,668 times

Advertisements

The Founders' reason for the second amendment is to protect the citizens from TYRANICAL GOVERMENT

I have a .40 caliber, semi-automatic Glock that I would hate to use on another person, unless I absolutey needed to, to protect myself and my family.

But since most radical liberals don't have a family ... I guess they don't see the need to protect anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 07:30 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
I told my wife I was going to get a new gun, she said" you haven't shot anyone with the last gun you bought"

Old 02-27-2010, 07:42 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,318,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I told my wife I was going to get a new gun, she said" you haven't shot anyone with the last gun you bought"
Henny, I thought you passed away in 98?
Anyway, good to see you workin some new stuff.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:45 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,184,699 times
Texas - the best Castle Law in the nation.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:50 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,929,235 times
I can shoot. I learned in the army and I was pretty good at it. But I don't own a gun and have no plans to do so. If some material goods get stolen then the insurance will pay up and I can buy new ones. But you cannot bring a person, whose life you have taken, back.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:58 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,987,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
But you cannot bring a person, whose life you have taken, back.
But it is possible to prevent yourself or your loved one from having their life taken.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:00 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,246,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I know A LOT of you think you'd actually kill someone or at least are in love with the idea of dong it even in self defense. The main reason why you own gun.

I work at a mens shelter and we get a handful of guys that get out of prison for murder, be it self defense or otherwise.

I always hear the same thing from each guy, here's what they say:

If I could do it all over again I would NEVER have taken the persons life. These guys are real killers not wannabe's like many of you. I've met guys that went to prison at 25 and did not get out until they were 60 and they tell me it's not a day that goes by in which they wish they could bring the person they killed back.

I talking guys that have killed in self defense. Yes, you can get prison time for self defense murder charge.

So, all of you wannabe killers. Do you really think you could do it?

I know some of you think the "minorities" are "stealing everything from you" and you need to get a pistol to protect yourself and family.

Or you're just scared of blacks and Hispanics......whatever the reason.

Why do you think you could do it? Have you ever talked to a real killer?

I'm not talking some big month macho a**hole neither.

Well, tell me.........
I'v never heard of anyone going to prison for murder for self defense. That must be a Chicago thing...

And the only thing they probably regret is that they got caught and went to prison..

Old 02-27-2010, 08:02 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I know A LOT of you think you'd actually kill someone or at least are in love with the idea of dong it even in self defense. The main reason why you own gun.

I work at a mens shelter and we get a handful of guys that get out of prison for murder, be it self defense or otherwise.

I always hear the same thing from each guy, here's what they say:

If I could do it all over again I would NEVER have taken the persons life. These guys are real killers not wannabe's like many of you. I've met guys that went to prison at 25 and did not get out until they were 60 and they tell me it's not a day that goes by in which they wish they could bring the person they killed back.

I talking guys that have killed in self defense. Yes, you can get prison time for self defense murder charge.

So, all of you wannabe killers. Do you really think you could do it?

I know some of you think the "minorities" are "stealing everything from you" and you need to get a pistol to protect yourself and family.

Or you're just scared of blacks and Hispanics......whatever the reason.

Why do you think you could do it? Have you ever talked to a real killer?

I'm not talking some big month macho a**hole neither.

Well, tell me.........

Wow- that is very confused.

1. The people you meet who are killers have been on the OFFENSIVE and have taken another's life in the act of committing a crime. They are the AGGRESSOR.

2. People who carry guns in self defense do so for ..........DEFENSE! If someone is planning on killing or maiming you, of course you would kill them. They are a criminal who is on the OFFENSIVE trying to impart bodily harm.

Would I ever go out, committ a crime (like your friends) and kill someone? NO. Would I kill someone trying to kill me? YES. Huge difference there.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:05 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,929,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faabala View Post
But it is possible to prevent yourself or your loved one from having their life taken.
Seriously, what is the realistic probability of that happening.

And there are other ways of deterring intruders. I have a panic button linked to my alarm system which is linked to the police who, in my small town, generally arrive pretty fast. You really think that a casual intruder is going to hang around to shoot everyone with the alarm blaring and the cops on their way?

And, so far, I have never had to use it.

I think this whole home self-defence thing is a mix of paranoia and machismo wet dream.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:12 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,318,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Seriously, what is the realistic probability of that happening.

And there are other ways of deterring intruders. I have a panic button linked to my alarm system which is linked to the police who, in my small town, generally arrive pretty fast. You really think that a casual intruder is going to hang around to shoot everyone with the alarm blaring and the cops on their way?

And, so far, I have never had to use it.

I think this whole home self-defence thing is a mix of paranoia and machismo wet dream.
Sorry, if you have a "panic button" in your alarmed house, you don't get to speak about your preconceived notion of anyone else's paranoia with any credibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies