Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 08:35 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I bet you lose a lot of bets !
You have just made a very sick and sorry statement. If you are serious you need some help.
Not as sick as people who need to rely on a gun to feel big.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 08:54 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,072,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Feeling big has nothing to do with wanting to live safe and live long.
Your right though, the need to feel big is unhealthy especially for the moron who wants to take what I have out of my house while he thinks I'm asleep !
Very unhealthy.
It's Sunday and it's a warm and sunny day, I'm going go shoot my gun today just for fun and entertainment as well as trying to teach my wife to be as good of a shot as I am. I can group nine shots in a four inch circle from 75 yards with my 22 semi-auto Spanish made pistol. She can't quite do that yet but she will soon, she is motivated to be safe, calm and steady while using firearms. She had never shot a gun until we married but now she is fairly comfortable handling guns and loves gun shows.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:04 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Feeling big has nothing to do with wanting to live safe and live long.
Your right though, the need to feel big is unhealthy especially for the moron who wants to take what I have out of my house while he thinks I'm asleep !
Very unhealthy.
It's Sunday and it's a warm and sunny day, I'm going go shoot my gun today just for fun and entertainment as well as trying to teach my wife to be as good of a shot as I am. I can group nine shots in a four inch circle from 75 yards with my 22 semi-auto Spanish made pistol. She can't quite do that yet but she will soon, she is motivated to be safe, calm and steady while using firearms. She had never shot a gun until we married but now she is fairly comfortable handling guns and loves gun shows.
I , too, am going to enjoy some shooting with my son today. LMAO, the post you replied to with this is typical of the one who wrote it. He has some type of mental block about shooting as a sport, as well as a means of self defense. This whole thing about firearms being some kind of a surrogate penis and such never ceases to drop my jaw in amazement.We tend to look at shooting as an art as much as anything, one that requires a knowledge of math, geometry, chemistry, physics, and mechanical functions. There is no reasoning with the 'you have to have a gun to feel big" bunc,as they are to self absorbed in their own percieved intellect to listen to factual discussion and reality. Enjoy your range time! I know we will.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:10 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Quote:
Many people, myself included, actually can have fun with our firearms.

But, I'm not sure you can comprehend this concept.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:11 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,145,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I , too, am going to enjoy some shooting with my son today. LMAO, the post you replied to with this is typical of the one who wrote it. He has some type of mental block about shooting as a sport, as well as a means of self defense. This whole thing about firearms being some kind of a surrogate penis and such never ceases to drop my jaw in amazement.We tend to look at shooting as an art as much as anything, one that requires a knowledge of math, geometry, chemistry, physics, and mechanical functions. There is no reasoning with the 'you have to have a gun to feel big" bunc,as they are to self absorbed in their own percieved intellect to listen to factual discussion and reality. Enjoy your range time! I know we will.
Great idea guys! I haven't been out "plinking" for a while! I think I'll grab the old .22 and put holes in some cans, by god.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-28-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
So...ask a soldier that's killed in battle. Ask him if he isn't haunted by the people he's killed, even though we consider that killing as "socially acceptable."
The difference is that, in most cases, the soldier understands that the other guy is just like him. Some poor ******* that has to follow orders. He is not "pissed off" at the enemy, in fact, in today's political climate, he may not even UNDERSTAND why he is killing these people other than he is told to. There is no clear, defining line as to why he is doing it.

Of course, killing an innocent person would result in trauma. My dad was in WWII and never spoke of it because it was so horrific for him. It's NOT the same thing.

When someone comes into your space with intent to do harm you are PROTECTING yourself and your loved ones. THEY MADE THE DECISION to be killed NOT YOU. You are sitting there minding your own business and they are the aggressors.

it is not the same thing AT ALL. Not at all.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-28-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
I do not need a gun to feel big. I have no desire to feel big. I have a gun to protect myself from people who would take my life without a second thought.

If I did not have a gun available to me, I would use something else instead. If I had to club someone to death with a branch I would do it to protect myself and my loved ones. A gun just makes it so much quicker and easier. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-28-2010, 11:45 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I do not need a gun to feel big. I have no desire to feel big. I have a gun to protect myself from people who would take my life without a second thought.

If I did not have a gun available to me, I would use something else instead. If I had to club someone to death with a branch I would do it to protect myself and my loved ones. A gun just makes it so much quicker and easier. LOL

20yrsinBranson
Interesting thing about some folks (the poster you quoted comes to mind) is, that they admit to having no actual knowledge of firearms or shooting, by rote, obviously have no real experience with serious shooters or with shooting, have spent NO time with people who enjoy shooting or the shooting sports, yet, they feel qualified to pass judgment on said people as being inferior, in some fashion, to them.. It would seem, to a reasonable person, that some modicum of actual experience would be required to pass on such views as being indisputable fact. Thus, when their....arguments..are met with disdain by those they choose to belittle, and they cannot understand why() they fall back on insults and blase' generalizations that can't carry water in a new bucket. Of course, to actually form an honest opinion, they would ahve to get out of the basement apartment of their parents house, and go see some things for themselves. The effort required daunts them, and the thought that they might see another side to the world, and appear foolish, even (and especially) to themselves keeps them chained to forming opinions based on cursory examination and short sighted views.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:13 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
Who's Tim? Did you mean to quote my post?

Not wealthy? Depressed? Please.

Sure. Having read your posts about your hatred for women and pre-occupation with sex, you certainly have an affective disorder.

No cash? Of course you don't have money. I know a thing or two about that.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:36 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,072,643 times
I never could understand the mentality of the "anti gun nuts". I've been shooting guns almost my whole life and had my own guns at the age of twelve. I hope I never have to use my weapon for protection but guns are a lot of fun to shoot. This summer I may weld together a nice spinning plinking target as I don't shoot at trees. The gravel is hard enough on milling equipment as are bullets in the wood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies