Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 01:36 PM

241 posts, read 267,471 times

Advertisements

Honestly, as an Obama voter and an independent (very liberal socially, but fiscally moderate to conservative), I'm disappointed in Obama because he's extended the Patriot act and allowed unbridled corporatism just like Bush, but I'd never join a Tea Party because of the racist overtones. Sorry, calling Obama "Hussein Obama" turns me off. I wouldn't join the coffee party, either, because I am not too into letting the govt have too much power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 02:48 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Grassroots? If only it was. Do you know what astroturfing is?

Annabel Park is the founder of the Coffee Movement. Aside from being a former Strategy Analyst at the partisan NY Times, Ms Park was one of the organizers and operators of the United for Obama video channel at YouTube.

"I found that people have little understanding of the change that Senator Barack Obama is advocating. I thought from my experience in using videos for civil movements that videos would be the best way to promote the need for change and for Obama. That's why I decided to work for the Obama campaign," Annabel Park said.

Ms Park is a known Obama campaigner. There is no difference between Park's United for Obama campaign and her Coffee Movement.

Annabel Park's Twitter,

We're not going to take this Tea crap anymore. Let's work for change! #coffeeparty

And there are more Tweets out there.

Park's campaigner background and Twitter history leaves no doubt as to her hatred of the Tea Party movement, and the formation of the Coffee Party as a counterweight.

It is very clear from Park's background, and her own Tweets, that the Coffee Party simply is part of the perpetual Obama campaign, a means by which to SUBVERT the real grassroots Tea Party movement by CO-OPTING part of the message, but in a way which supports keeping Obama in power.

Much like a parasite which feeds off of and ultimately takes over the host.

Just because someone worked for a political campaign or was a strategy analyst doesn't exclude them from being able to start a grassroots group. Follow the money. Annabel Park's group is not funded by the counterpoint of FreedomWorks, Dick Armey, Ted Abram and Empower America which make the Coffee Party more grassroots than the tea partiers whatever her former jobs were. Or do you wish to see her freedom of speech taken away because she hates the tea partiers?

Old 03-02-2010, 02:55 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Grassroots? If only it was. Do you know what astroturfing is?

Annabel Park is the founder of the Coffee Movement. Aside from being a former Strategy Analyst at the partisan NY Times, Ms Park was one of the organizers and operators of the United for Obama video channel at YouTube.

"I found that people have little understanding of the change that Senator Barack Obama is advocating. I thought from my experience in using videos for civil movements that videos would be the best way to promote the need for change and for Obama. That's why I decided to work for the Obama campaign," Annabel Park said.

Ms Park is a known Obama campaigner. There is no difference between Park's United for Obama campaign and her Coffee Movement.

Annabel Park's Twitter,

We're not going to take this Tea crap anymore. Let's work for change! #coffeeparty

And there are more Tweets out there.

Park's campaigner background and Twitter history leaves no doubt as to her hatred of the Tea Party movement, and the formation of the Coffee Party as a counterweight.

It is very clear from Park's background, and her own Tweets, that the Coffee Party simply is part of the perpetual Obama campaign, a means by which to SUBVERT the real grassroots Tea Party movement by CO-OPTING part of the message, but in a way which supports keeping Obama in power.

You are correct, specially that last statement. It is clear in their video that their whole gig is to continue to campaign for hussein obama. They are his minions, his sheep, his drones doing his business. A bunch of community organizers, more than likely connected with the criminal ACORN.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:17 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It is clear in their video that their whole gig is to continue to campaign for hussein obama. They are his minions, his sheep, his drones doing his business. A bunch of community organizers, more than likely connected with the criminal ACORN.
Quote:
No it is not like that at all. This is a production bought and paid for by community organizers that follow hussein obama like a bunch of sheep. This is ACORNlite.

Remember people, ACORN has been disbanding and and regrouping under new names, many new names.
Quote:
Their message is nothing but shills for hussein obama and pushing his agenda. H*ll they even want to "date" the government LOL Is this to appeal to the twenty somethings? Oh that is so cool, I will date the government It gives you a brain ache!

Anyone that buys into this is a sheep, a tool. These are a bunch of progressives, communists, obot drones doing their messiah's business.
Were do you read this drivel? Honestly, whoever tells you to posts all this nonsense needs a new speechwriter!

Old 03-02-2010, 04:50 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirriam View Post
Honestly, as an Obama voter and an independent (very liberal socially, but fiscally moderate to conservative), I'm disappointed in Obama because he's extended the Patriot act and allowed unbridled corporatism just like Bush, but I'd never join a Tea Party because of the racist overtones. Sorry, calling Obama "Hussein Obama" turns me off. I wouldn't join the coffee party, either, because I am not too into letting the govt have too much power.
As most liberals groups aren't substantially made up of 911 Truthers, neither are real Tea Party members made up of a majority birthers or Obama haters. Of course, Hussein IS Obama's middle name, so I don't see any real comparison between the tow, but a fiscal moderate/conservative should help support any group who advocate fiscal responsibility in our government and less intrusion over an individual who believes that government can solve all personal problems so long as it can take enough from the achievers in our country.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:19 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
I think that it is quite a testament that the same tea partiers, republicans, conservatives, nationalists, right-wingers, birthers, etc. have made it very plain as to how those with a different view point, frame of reference, or opinion would be treated if their version of government, social policy, and way of thinking/life were to prevail in this country!!

They speak of group think, however it was plain that many on this board failed to read the articles before launching into a rabid frenzy to denounce this entire movement, this segment displayed the very epitome of group "hate" for a viewpoint that did not agree with their own.

Let me re-introduce a quote: ""..A key difference is in our emphasis on the democratic process, on respectful and civil engagement with one another and with our elected officials.."

I high lighted a key point that many of the above mentioned groups refuse to display for anyone not towing their idealogical line!!...isn't it plain as day from the responses on this forum??

While Pres. Obama has not met many of the obligations of his candidacy, I still believe that a respectful discourse must be the standard that grievances are aired by.

The above mentioned groups bear a close resemblance to that age old American group, the "unruly mob" one that gets caught up in it's own momentum and moves forward without direction or reason, hellbent on destroying anything they perceive as "not one of them"!!

These are the groups that I believe truly threaten this country, their ideology Say's it's OK to dis-credit, slur, spin, lie, corrupt, and destroy all who see things a little differently!!

I remain optimistic that enough people will place decency above partisan-ship that we will not tear ourselves apart.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:22 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Were do you read this drivel? Honestly, whoever tells you to posts all this nonsense needs a new speechwriter!
It's the "hussein-text-autocomplete-generator" sold on ebay. Just type in key words and it spits out the text for you! No thought required.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:57 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Last night the FaceBook page for the Coffee Party Movement had 42,750 fans. Tonight the fan count has grown to 61,022.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:14 PM

114 posts, read 111,607 times
Coffee Party Parasites

The New York Times and Washington Post are promoting a group called the "Coffee Party" organized by filmmaker Annabel Park.

In fact, a simple internet search (which the NY Times apparently is not capable of doing) reveals that Park organized the Coffee Party for the specific purpose of undermining the Tea Party movement.

Park is a former Strategy Analyst [Park's Linked In page has been taken down, here is a cached link] at the NY Times who was one of organizers and operators of the United for Obama video channel at YouTube:
A Korean-American filmmaker is in charge of creating video clips that are playing a role in increasing support for Senator Barack Obama, the frontrunner for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination.

Joining the contest in December last year as chief of a promotional video team, Park has produced some 20 five-minute video clips which have generated a positive response. A clip interviewing actress Kelly Hu in support of the senator was viewed some 10,000 times, and a music video called "
Oh Bama" [embed below, Park appears at 1:35]] drew wide attention. She has also produced Spanish-language videos to draw support from Hispanics.

The 40-year-old Park is leading an Obama promotional section on video-sharing site YouTube (www.youtube.com/unitedforobama) with around 10 other volunteers.

Park's Twitter history leaves no doubt as to her hatred of the Tea Party movement, and the formation of the Coffee Party as a counterweight:
[CENTER]

It is very clear from Park's background, and her own Tweets, that the Coffee Party simply is part of the perpetual Obama campaign, a means by which to subvert the real grassroots Tea Party movement by co-opting part of the message, but in a way which supports keeping Obama in power.

Update: Interesting, I received a phone call from Kate Zernike, the author of the NY Times article, who felt that I did not sufficiently credit her article with disclosing Park's background and motives. Specificially, Zernike pointed out that the Times' article said the Coffee Party "was formed in reaction to the Tea Party" and offered "an alternative" to the Tea Party. Zernike also felt that the pro-Obama nature of the Coffee Party was adequately disclosed because the article pointed out that one of the organizers in California (not Park) had campaigned for Obama.

I explained that I did not feel that the NY Times article adequately disclosed (i) the depth of the connection to the Obama campaign reflected in Park's background, or (ii) that the specific purpose of the Coffee Party, as expressed in Park's Tweets, was to undermine the Tea Party.

I told Ms. Zernike that I would do an update to this post, and I hoped that she would do an update to her article to explain Park's Obama connection and apparent motivations. Ms. Zernike declined, explaining that she had to limit her article to 700 words.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:12 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
The coffee party made it pretty clear they are nothing mre than shills for hussein obama so it will not be anything new and will draw the same obots his campaign did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies