Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 09:00 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
See, more junk.

His salary for the majority of his life rarely made it out of the $20Ks. He worked at success, constantly and finally through his entrepreneur spirit, he made the bigtime, but for many, many years he struggled.

You're just throwing speculation that is completely tainted by your hatred of Rush.

I KNOW I've talked to Rush more than you have - 5 times and counting, but of course, you must have something intelligent to say to get on his show.

Oh let's be honest here for just a moment. Rush made his "success" by being a nasty mouthed shock jock who was willing to be more insulting, more defamatory, and less honorable than almost any other person would be willing to be.

My he can sure be proud at what his life's work has produced. Distrust, hatred, divided country, and the spreading of ignorant bigotry throughout the uneducated people.

How proud he must be. After all, he makes so much more money than the soldiers, police, fire fighters who are risking their lives to keep us safe. So much more money than the doctors, scientist, researchers who are working to cure disease and save lives. So much more money than the teachers charged with educating our children. So much more money than the plumber, the mechanic, the electrician who make our lives functional every day.

And after all...the only way to measure SUCCESS is MONEY....isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 09:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
sanrene !!! ... Indeed they are a scary bunch of folks at that !

One little tweak from Old Rush and this crew screams, cries and slobbers like immature little puddies. They put on quite the comedy show for us way up here on the East coast ..... and oh my gosh what laughs we get from these losers. Old Rush knows how to works em up with equally predictable ridiculous results. That old rascal Rush ! Thanks / Lamar
And a quote taken out of context at that.

The hatred for the man is palpable.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:18 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh has thrown down the gauntlet. If the U.S. Congress passes health care reform, Limbaugh will leave the country to receive his medical treatment.

Specifically, Limbaugh told a caller that he envisions traveling to Costa Rica should the government, through a federal program costing upwards of $1 trillion, expand health care coverage to approximately 30 million Americans who are currently uninsured.

Ironically, Costa Rica offers universal heath care to all of its residents.

Rush Limbaugh Says He'll Leave the US If Health Care Reform Is Passed - AOL News

Hey Limbore...don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya...hypocrite shill!
Good riddance

Old 03-09-2010, 09:19 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Oh let's be honest here for just a moment. Rush made his "success" by being a nasty mouthed shock jock who was willing to be more insulting, more defamatory, and less honorable than almost any other person would be willing to be.

My he can sure be proud at what his life's work has produced. Distrust, hatred, divided country, and the spreading of ignorant bigotry throughout the uneducated people.

How proud he must be. After all, he makes so much more money than the soldiers, police, fire fighters who are risking their lives to keep us safe. So much more money than the doctors, scientist, researchers who are working to cure disease and save lives. So much more money than the teachers charged with educating our children. So much more money than the plumber, the mechanic, the electrician who make our lives functional every day.

And after all...the only way to measure SUCCESS is MONEY....isn't it?
Wah, wah, wah.

More class envy.

Rush is a godsend, exposing the lies, scandals, failures and truth about obama and the dems/libs. As he always says; He knows the dems/libs that like every square inch of his glorious naked body.

And he gives back like no other - millions to worthy causes - of course you will ignore that to stick with your misguided narrative.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:23 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Wah, wah, wah.

More class envy.

Rush is a godsend, exposing the lies, scandals, failures and truth about obama and the dems/libs. As he always says; He knows the dems/libs that like every square inch of his glorious naked body.

And he gives back like no other - millions to worthy causes - of course you will ignore that to stick with your misguided narrative.
I would not call giving praise to the average American, especially the honorable professions that LML sited, class envy. Shameful.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:25 PM
LML

Quote:
Wah, wah, wah.

More class envy.

Well, since you can tell what people value by those they hold in high esteem, it makes great sense that you would respect Rush. As for his "good works", yeah...right. I "looked it up." Rush made 400 million dollars last year and donated 4 million to charity. In other words, he gave 10% to charity. Well, I gave 15% of my little money to charity. Now it is time for you to look something up. Look up the story about the widow's mite in the Bible.

Last edited by LML; 03-09-2010 at 09:42 PM.. Reason: added information

Old 03-09-2010, 09:30 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Thank goodness he dropped out of college - he has long stated that college just wasn't for him.

He didn't make any racist comments about McNabb.
Hmmmm so why was he fired from being an NFL commentor?
Why did other millionaires (football players) refused to work for him if he acquired ownership of a team? I think you should check up on your hero worshipping

Old 03-09-2010, 09:34 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,078,382 times
Quote:
Wah, wah, wah.

More class envy.

Yea I envy those that are born into rich families, drop out of college, form drug addictions and make millions of sheep like you.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:37 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Hmmmm so why was he fired from being an NFL commentor?
Why did other millionaires (football players) refused to work for him if he acquired ownership of a team? I think you should check up on your hero worshipping

Old 03-09-2010, 09:38 PM
LML

Quote:
Wah, wah, wah.

More class envy.

I decided I want to respond the the ever present response of "class envy" that you throw out at anyone who dares say a bad word about a rich person.

Do I envy Rush? Oh my gosh NO! I can tell you from the very bottom of my soul that I would not trade places with Rush for all the money in the world, let alone all of his money.

Yes, I was am a widow who raised my children alone on a teacher's salary. And yes I have a small home and not a lot of worldly goods.

But, would I trade my memories of my Marine husband for the memories Rush has of all of his ex wives? Oh never.

Would I trade my loving children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren for Rush's childless life? Dear heavens, not for the world.

Would I trade the respect of my community and the hundreds of lives I helped make better through teaching and volunteer work for the discord and ugliness that Rush's life work has produced? Not if you held a gun to my head.

In the eyes of people who judge a person's success by the money they make I would never be considered a success. But to myself, my family, and people who share my values I am a success in ways that Rush could never be.

Envy Rush. Not one single bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies