Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 12:54 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,238,797 times

Advertisements

What about betamales? Could I bring a sock as my prom date as women don't give me the time of day? Or losers should just be forbidden from the prom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 12:58 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,118,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
This is 2010, where taking self-absorption to new heights is the American way. The prom had to be all about HER, see. Just HER, and her LESBIAN date. She had to make that loud announcement, of course. It wouldn't have been any fun if she and her girlfriend just showed up and played it cool. She needed to have the media there front and center to take notes and photos for posterity. She wants to play the gay liberal hero, to have her photo on the cover of The Advocate.

When she finally got what she wanted-- a prom that was all about HER, sanctioned by the school-- she was disappointed to find that the rest of the town that she bad-mouthed didn't want to attend HER prom, so they created a separate prom where the normal kids could go and have fun without having to deal with the Drama Queen and the bigoted media that predictably painted them as the bad guys. Poor lesbian Drama Queen is the victim once again.

I hope the kids had a great, peaceful time at their prom without all the hullaballoo from that one idiot who tried to ruin it for them. I'm proud of them for standing up to her bullying and refusing to let her ruin their special day.
I couldn't agree with you more.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:04 PM

571 posts, read 943,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Can I bring my Camel to the prom? If I want to bring an animal to the prom as my date I should be able to?
Can the camel sign its name on the invitation card? Can it fit into a dress or suit? Could you dance with the camel? Will the camel not bite the other prom goers? Will it make a mess on the floor?

If yes to all of the above, then sure why not.

Oh and ps anyone who compares homosexuality to bestiality is an idiot. I don't even know why I replied to this.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:14 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,663,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Maybe if she just decided to show up, without announcing her intentions to get attention, this would never have happened? I think this was just about attention for her.

Does anyone else announce to the school who they are bringing to the dance ahead of time? only attentionseekers do.
The rules were that all couples must be boy/girl. She was being responsible and mature by asking for permission to bring a girl. If the school officials had allowed her to bring a girl, this fiasco never would have happened.

The suggestion that she was "just seeking attention" is lunacy. Even if she is enjoying the attention, so what? She's doing a huge favor for kids in small towns across America who will now feel emboldened to challenge their schools' policies as well.

Conservatives said the same thing about Rosa Parks: "She's just seeking attention."

Old 04-07-2010, 02:38 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,901,725 times
Same sex couples going to prom together?! Whats next interracial couples?? Oh the agony!

Old 04-07-2010, 02:43 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,915,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The rules were that all couples must be boy/girl. She was being responsible and mature by asking for permission to bring a girl. If the school officials had allowed her to bring a girl, this fiasco never would have happened.

The suggestion that she was "just seeking attention" is lunacy. Even if she is enjoying the attention, so what? She's doing a huge favor for kids in small towns across America who will now feel emboldened to challenge their schools' policies as well.

Conservatives said the same thing about Rosa Parks: "She's just seeking attention."
Yup! She clearly wasn't seeking attention, she was being herself and not hiding who she truly is.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:08 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,147,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Congratulations Mississippi, you're now leading the race to be the center of American idiocy.
They have been #1 for some time -- they come in dead last in academic achievement, year in and year out.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:11 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,147,251 times
Still waiting to hear observations regarding the nice, innocent townspeople misdirecting the school's disabled kids to the fake prom site, too.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:33 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The case was decided in a court of law. She won. They responded not like the Christians they pretend to be but like a lynch mob.

You personally applaud lynch mobs for standing up for what they believe in?
They did not respond like a lynch mob, they just took steps to insure that they were not forced to witness something they feel is a sin. It's America, just like she has a right to go to court and get her case heard, they had a right to go "Fine, we will attend our own prom without having to deal with her."

Old 04-07-2010, 05:38 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,663,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
They did not respond like a lynch mob, they just took steps to insure that they were not forced to witness something they feel is a sin. It's America, just like she has a right to go to court and get her case heard, they had a right to go "Fine, we will attend our own prom without having to deal with her."
The parents and kids lied to her and tricked her into going to a sham prom. Do you really think that was a mature way to handle it? Yes, high school kids are often mean like that, but for the parents to endorse it and support it? It's disgraceful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies