Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2010, 06:24 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
What is hard to understand here exactly? She was standing up for her principles, are you saying people should just back down & shy away from what they believe in? Why should she go "incognito"? How could she anyway, apparently they bamboozled her & sent her off to a totally different location. What is wrong w/you people, just because she's gay you think she doesn't have a right to bring this to light? Hypocrites.
I'm saying that every single acre of this great nation does NOT have to subscribe to a certain set of beliefs. If she had a problem with Christian ideals, then all she had to do was suck it up for one night, graduate from school, and then pack her bags and go somewhere that makes her happy. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less. Liberals will not be happy until Christian ideals are eradicated from this nation, and this girl is just one more example of such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 06:27 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
while the rest of her class partied at a secret location at an event organized by parents.
These parents taught a great lesson of discrimination and hatred to their children!

Old 04-06-2010, 06:27 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'm saying that every single acre of this great nation does NOT have to subscribe to a certain set of beliefs. If she had a problem with Christian ideals, then all she had to do was suck it up for one night, graduate from school, and then pack her bags and go somewhere that makes her happy. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less. Liberals will not be happy until Christian ideals are eradicated from this nation, and this girl is just one more example of such.
Do you believe those adults did the right thing? Showed that girl what to expect of "Christian ideals"?

Old 04-06-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Wow.

1. She forced them to choose to be cruel.

2. This thing they did was a demonstration of Christian ideals.

I dont recall hate being a Christian ideal, but you "obviously" go to a different church.
She's the one who brought this upon herself. She got exactly what she asked for. Had she sucked it up for one night, graduated school, and moved somewhere that espoused and accepted her beliefs and lifestyle, she'd be a much happier person. But hell no. She had to stir up a hornets nest in a decidedly Christian part of the country. She has no one to blame but herself.

Total fail.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:31 PM

571 posts, read 943,810 times
Quote:
I'm saying that every single acre of this great nation does NOT have to subscribe to a certain set of beliefs. If she had a problem with White ideals, then all she had to do was suck it up for one night, graduate from school, and then pack her bags and go somewhere that makes her happy. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less. Liberals will not be happy until White ideals are eradicated from this nation, and this black girl is just one more example of such.

Fixed that for you as if you would have lived in the 1960's.
Not that you're racist. I am simply trying to show you what you sound like to people who are either gay or friends/family to gay people.

Oh and I'm a Christian. I go to church every week. My Christian ideals tell me to accept everyone and tell me to support this girl regardless of who she is because Jesus loves all. Why are yours better than mine? Just because they're "the way things have always been"?

Old 04-06-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Do you believe those adults did the right thing? Showed that girl what to expect of "Christian ideals"?
After subjecting her classmates, her school, and her community to national scrutiny, over something that was completely avoidable, you're damn right I believe these parents did the right thing. Spite is a terrible thing, but its always in the arsenal if you're subjected to the battlefield of public opinion. She did it to herself.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:33 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntamedOhioan View Post
It was a figure of speech, actually.
With so much of the left accusing anyone who disagrees with them as being violent: I figure one cannot assume violence suggestive speech is anything other than projection from the left. Thank you for clarifying that you do not wish harm upon this town.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:33 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
She's the one who brought this upon herself. She got exactly what she asked for. Had she sucked it up for one night, graduated school, and moved somewhere that espoused and accepted her beliefs and lifestyle, she'd be a much happier person. But hell no. She had to stir up a hornets nest in a decidedly Christian part of the country. She has no one to blame but herself.

Total fail.
Again, do you call that Christian behavior, what the adults did? It's just a yes or no question.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntamedOhioan View Post
Fixed that for you as if you would have lived in the 1960's.
Not that you're racist. I am simply trying to show you what you sound like to people who are either gay or friends/family to gay people.

Oh and I'm a Christian. I go to church every week. My Christian ideals tell me to accept everyone and tell me to support this girl regardless of who she is because Jesus loves all. Why are yours better than mine? Just because they're "the way things have always been"?
Spite. They did it in spite. She took on the school system and won. What else do you expect? For people to roll over and forget their ideals just because a court sided with the victim? Was it the best possible outcome? Not at all. But this girl could have handled this in far better fashion. She didn't, so she got what she asked for.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:37 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:

Total fail.
Total winner in my books for recognizing herself for the
person she is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies