Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2010, 07:29 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You didnt point anything out at all; you finally just admitted, allowed as how, with a weak lukewarm nothing expression, "unChristian-like."

Oh well, I'll leave you to your happy thoughts and book of black and white photos of the good old days
You should hit one of those little numbers at the bottom of the page and see that I have clearly stated, mutiple times, that the adults did not handle the situation in the most appropriate fashion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 07:32 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You should hit one of those little numbers at the bottom of the page and see that I have clearly stated, mutiple times, that the adults did not handle the situation in the most appropriate fashion.
After you were challenged multiple times.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialrequest View Post
Why should she have to hide who she is? People should just learn that inthis day and age this sort of discrimination is just wrong-
I can sympathize with your point. I really can. But there's a nifty little theory that many American's could benefit by utilzing: CHOOSE YOUR BATTLES WISELY.

What did this girl gain in the end? I would submit that she probably gained a little self-confidence after the outcome of her court case, which was promptly shot down upon the realization that she had been bamboozled. All of it for what?

Sometimes you just close your trap and move on to greener pastures. I'd reconcile that that's the lesson she really learned from all of this.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
I can sympathize with your point. I really can. But there's a nifty little theory that many American's could benefit by utilzing: CHOOSE YOUR BATTLES WISELY.

What did this girl gain in end? I would submit that she probably gained a little self-confidence after the outcome of her court case, which was promptly shot down upon the realization that she had been bamboozled. All of it for what?

Sometimes you just close your trap and move on to greener pastures. I'd reconcile that that's the lesson she really learned from all of this.
I find it ironic as hell to see someone who complains about tyranny from Washington DC, defending real tyranny. First defending it, then shrugging your shoulders about it. "That's the way it is. Take it and like it."

Old 04-06-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
I find it ironic as hell to see someone who complains about tyranny from Washington DC, defending real tyranny. First defending it, then shrugging your shoulders about it. "That's the way it is. Take it and like it."
Tyranny is not a word that i've ever uttered on this forum. Big Government, on the other hand, I will rail against until the end of time. On the one hand people have to deal with competing self(ish) interests, and on the other we all have to deal with Big Government. If you want to pile that into one big scrap heap and call it tyranny, then yes you are correct. I'm complaining very loudly.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Tyranny is not a word that i've ever uttered on this forum. Big Government, on the other hand, I will rail against until the end of time. On the one hand people have to deal with competing self(ish) interests, and on the other we all have to deal with Big Government. If you want to pile that into one big scrap heap and call it tyranny, then yes you are correct. I'm complaining very loudly.
But the tyranny running this town you shrug your shoulders about. "Stay afraid, stay quiet."

Old 04-06-2010, 07:45 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,847,443 times
Where’s Constance? Photos from a Private Prom | La Figa

Pam Spaulding (http://www.pamshouseblend.com/diary/15752/christianity-in-mississippi-constance-mcmillen-sent-to-fake-prom - broken link)reports that
Fulton not only displayed rank homophobia, it raised the bar of evil by sending learning-disabled students to the fake prom, clearly labeling them “others.”

Constance McMillen herself told the Advocate:
Two students with learning difficulties were among the seven people at the country club event, McMillen recalls. “They had the time of their lives,” McMillen says. “That’s the one good thing that come out of this, [these kids] didn’t have to worry about people making fun of them [at their prom].”
I can see some of the same dresses in these pictures posted by different students.
Just a reminder to the non-white kids , non-disabled kids who went to this event: Forty-five years ago, in Birmingham, Alabama the same stunt got pulled on a black girl.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
But the tyranny running this town you shrug your shoulders about. "Stay afraid, stay quiet."
If your property taxes go up, you either pay them, or you move to a new town with lower taxes. You choose your battle. Are property taxes tyranny? I guess it depends on your views. But at the end of the day, you either fight the system, comply, or you move on. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. If you expect to win just because you raised a ruckus, you certainly deserve to be put back in your place from time to time.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:46 PM

571 posts, read 943,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Wow! love the tolerance from the tolerant. I like the typical, mean and hate comments from the lefties on here. Why is "this poor girl way to good for them" ? because she is a lesbian?
Good job!

You're 100% right. I'm not tolerant of the bigoted, cruel and intolerant. I never did have much "tolerance" for those who choose to discriminate against others.

BTW, I'm not a leftie in the slightest. I'm a libertarian-leaning independent. But way to paint me with a broad brush.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:49 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,236,302 times
Quote:
I am in shock right now at how mean some people are.
You ain't seen nothing yet. Hang around CITY DATA another year, and you'll really see some true colors here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies