Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 10:44 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The founder of the Coffee Party was not a former campaign staffer. She was an unpaid volunteer. Check the facts.
FACT CHECK: Did Annabel Park work for the Obama campaign? | Coffee Party

And how does the fact that she was an Obama supporter devalue what she is attempting to do with this grassroots Coffee Party group? The Tea Party was started by former Bush and Republican party loyalists. Do you devalue what they do because their beginnings were rooted in partisan politics?
because anyone trying to come up with new ways to spend other peoples money has decreasing value.

SPENDING IS BAD....as a general rule...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 10:46 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
because anyone trying to come up with new ways to spend other peoples money has decreasing value.

SPENDING IS BAD....as a general rule...
You obviously haven't spent any time on the Coffee Party's website. If you do check it out, you'll realize how ignorant your statement is.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:48 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
The founder of the Coffee Party was not a former campaign staffer. She was an unpaid volunteer. Check the facts.

And how does the fact that she was an Obama supporter devalue what she is attempting to do with this grassroots Coffee Party group? The Tea Party was started by former Bush and Republican party loyalists. Do you devalue what they do because their beginnings were rooted in partisan politics?
It may not be fair to doubt their sincerity, but I doubt them because I know the political games 0bama and his people play. I'll believe they are not devoted 0bama supporters when I see them come out with opposing views from those of 0bama's talking points or agenda.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:50 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
I am going to the St Pete meeting. Will see. Hoping there will be rational discussion, something severely lacking in what I have seen from the TP.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:51 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
ahh.... the difference is, I am spending my own money and not yours.

you progressives like to sit around and find ways to spend other people’s money.

NO I am not an elitist progressive coffee drinker. but in typical liberal fashion you are certainly working on finding some way to create hypocrisy.

and in liberal fashion you fail to grasp reality.
People coming together at their local coffee joints, purchasing their own coffees and discussing politics like actual mature adults is spending you money how again?
Talk about not being firmly rooted in reality pal.
I hope for your sake your beans are decaffeinated.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:59 AM

114 posts, read 111,582 times
Quote:

Bahahahah lol .... Fact Check is known to be so liberal biased that usually liberals won't even use it as a source, because they know they'll only be laughed at. hahahah hahahaha BTW, you can say the same about snopes. Both have been caught making "mistakes" repeatedly. Hmmmmm, , and it always seems to be when it has ANYTHING to do with Obama and his agenda.

Also, the Coffee Party and Annabel Parks were ousted a long time ago. There are no ifs, ands, or buts regarding the connection between the Coffee Party and the Obama Administration.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:04 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy1 View Post
Both have been caught making "mistakes" repeatedly. Hmmmmm, , and it always seems to be when it has ANYTHING to do with Obama and his agenda.
Please support the above with evdence.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:09 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
You obviously haven't spent any time on the Coffee Party's website. If you do check it out, you'll realize how ignorant your statement is.
that reply was to you.
please see my previous post....

i have clearly said, IF they want to curb spending I am for them...
and if they want more spending I hope they can only get folgers to dring (swill)

so on one point you are right, I dont know what they want.

but I have not directly said they are progressives as I do not know.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:11 AM

114 posts, read 111,582 times
Quote:
A bunch of us went onto their Facebook page to actually "try" to have a civil conversation about Obama's Healthcare Plan, and as soon as you say ANYTHING about not liking it for any certain reason, all of a sudden, EVERBODY on their starts calling you a "racist", "Tea Bagger", "NeoCon", and a lot more vulgar names. And if you try to have a sincere conversation about trying to get our government back on the right course, you'd better not say ANYTHING bad about Obama, or you'll get the same name calling and vulgar responses. So, there's their/your "civil discourse"!!!

Old 03-12-2010, 11:11 AM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times
I like coffee .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies