Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 05:25 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
There is a way to have a civil discussion with someone you don't agree with.

These people abused this man and it was disgusting.

I don't know why you defend them. They threw money at a disabled man. No one deserves to be treated the way they treated that man, it's disgusting behavior.
I agree with you about the civil discussion and not once have I said I approve of how they went about it.

I am not defending their actions. I am only saying that they are able to not agree with the man or he shouldnt get a pass on not being debated simply because he has Parkinsons thats it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 05:31 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I didn't see anyone "questioning" him, or even disagreeing, I saw people yelling and making fun of him.

My question to you is; does this man with Parkinsons, and every other handicapped person, need to hold a full time job in order to have access to medical insurance?
Doesn't that get right to the heart of one of the issues in the health care reform bill? If you have a medical condition like Parkinson's you lose your health insurance---get kicked off---and you can't get another company to take you.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:32 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
Good, the woman at the last of the video made the most sense. The bill doesn't make sense and the guy with the (Parkinson's) will be the first to feel it.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:33 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I didn't see anyone "questioning" him, or even disagreeing, I saw people yelling and making fun of him.

My question to you is; does this man with Parkinsons, and every other handicapped person, need to hold a full time job in order to have access to medical insurance?
Once again never said I agreed with their approach.

I think if someone is able to work yes they should work and there is many people with Parkinsons that does work. Freddie Roach Manny Pacman boxing trainer. He gets in a ring with pads on and takes punches from Pacman and he has Parkinsons. Now understandable at some time he wont be able to do that.

I do agree that we need to do something so people with pre existing conditions can get insurance.

My whole beef with this entire thing is. I never said I agreed with their approach. I never said I agreed with their actions. I even went as far as to say they were wrong to throw money at him. People in this country have this thing called Freedom of speech and right or wrong agree with or not they have that right and just because this man has Parkinsons doesnt mean he gets a pass. Would I personally ever talk to someone in that manner with Parkinsons NO but will I defend someones freedom of speech Yes.

My best example is Freddie Roach that man will trash other trainers and boxers are people not allowed to talk trash back to him simply because he has Parkinsons is my only thing

Further more not everyone in the tea party would do this but for some they want to put everyone in the tea party in with this group and thats wrong also

Old 03-17-2010, 05:33 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,475,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I agree with you about the civil discussion and not once have I said I approve of how they went about it.

I am not defending their actions. I am only saying that they are able to not agree with the man or he shouldnt get a pass on not being debated simply because he has Parkinsons thats it
How I usually end my debates is by throwing money in people's faces.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:35 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
Why is the "Political Carnival" the fault of the tea party? Other people where there yelling at them. Who are they and there would be no yelling if they didn't come out.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:36 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Looked like a set up to me. Nothing explained about who he was, why he was there, etc. etc. etc. Let someone interview him to see if he really has the disease and what his story is.
If this was a set up those IDIOTS throwing the money failed miserably. There is absolutely no excuse for this NONE. I don't care if it was the other way around, there is no excusing this.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:37 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,128,169 times
Apparent

Old 03-17-2010, 05:39 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,942,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Doesn't that get right to the heart of one of the issues in the health care reform bill? If you have a medical condition like Parkinson's you lose your health insurance---get kicked off---and you can't get another company to take you.
I don't claim to be an expert on health insurance, but I believe the above statement to be incorrect. If you have insurance that covers such an illness BEFORE you are diagnosed with it, then the inusurance will cover you. That's the point of insurance. If, however, you are known to have the illness, I understand it being difficult, if not impossible, to get insurance that will cover the treatments. And that makes sense to me.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:41 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,997,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Good, the woman at the last of the video made the most sense. The bill doesn't make sense and the guy with the (Parkinson's) will be the first to feel it.
How so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies