Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2010, 07:44 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I am questioning if the guy even has Parkinson's.
And I am questioning why it would even make a difference to you. If he WAS faking, that doesn't excuse the tea bagger's behavior. No one forced them to approach the guy and start screaming and throwing money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 07:48 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,292,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Wow just wow. How anyone can even come close to excusing this behavior. If this was the other way around and a teabagger was sitting in a wheel chair and a support of the bill was standing over them yelling in their face...ah never mind. Truely pathetic
Your argument requires these people to understand "empathy." It won't work.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:49 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,300,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Ummmm.....how would this be any different than when Obama made fun of handicap people in Special Olympics???? Real classy of Obama.
So now everybody gets a free pass on "r-people" because Obama made a joke about them?

Old 03-17-2010, 07:49 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,634,279 times
Does anyone have a full video of this incident they can link too? Or is it just the 30 second clip? One thing that has been obvious is the left loves to go to events and get really short vids of things to outrage their sheep. This vid looks as much like a set up as anything I've ever seen. I mean really, a man with Parkinsons is going to make up a sign and go sit in front of a bunch of people who disagree with him? While its possible, its more likely that this video was a set up. Until I see a long version of what happened, I'm not buying it.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:54 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Does anyone have a full video of this incident they can link too? Or is it just the 30 second clip? One thing that has been obvious is the left loves to go to events and get really short vids of things to outrage their sheep. This vid looks as much like a set up as anything I've ever seen. I mean really, a man with Parkinsons is going to make up a sign and go sit in front of a bunch of people who disagree with him? While its possible, its more likely that this video was a set up. Until I see a long version of what happened, I'm not buying it.

long, short or a 3 piece mini series. No matter what explaination you try to come up with NOTHING excuses this behavior NOTHING.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:55 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Post #50 has the full version as it was filmed by a local news media. The man with Parkinson's was part of a group of pro-health care reform supporters who were on the other side of the street from the tea baggers. And, yes, disabled people will go out of their way to support a pass-the-bill group like that, especially on something that effects the quality of their lives so much.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:58 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,634,279 times
Quote:
long, short or a 3 piece mini series. No matter what explaination you try to come up with NOTHING excuses this behavior NOTHING.
Having a disease does not give one a free pass to do or say anything. If the man was being reasonable, then the people yelling and throwing money at him were scum. If he was there purposely agitating, calling names, and being an ass himself, he's just getting what he was giving. I don't know how he acted.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:00 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
Having a disease does not give one a free pass to do or say anything. If the man was being reasonable, then the people yelling and throwing money at him were scum. If he was there purposely agitating, calling names, and being an ass himself, he's just getting what he was giving. I don't know how he acted.
\

Apparently you did not watch the video

Old 03-17-2010, 08:00 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,048,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
So now everybody gets a free pass on "r-people" because Obama made a joke about them?
Obama was making a joke about himself.... not about anyone else.

He was being teased about his "poor bowling skills"...

Obama really didn't mean to harm anyone by what he said. Even so, once he realized that he'd made a faux pas, he made formal public apologies.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:03 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,048,783 times
Quote:
\

Apparently you did not watch the video
obviously they did not....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies