Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 12:08 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,618,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
What's the point of harassing anybody?
It's called "satire". Look it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 12:09 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,796,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyAxles View Post
You are so cute! Your child-like gullibility is enchanting. Just how long do you believe it will be before healthcare employees see "U. S." on their paychecks?

Some of the proposals we have heard of, found in these bills, would put the government in the position to make your healthcare decisions for you via policy, rules, regulations, restrictions, and what will or won't be reimbursed.

Explain to me what it is when the government decides to take over 17% of the entire economy. Explain to me just what you call it when the government has gonads to step between a citizen and his/her doctor attempting to sway the healthcare outcome by means of dictating what will or won't be covered?

You have been "dumbed-down" and made to believe this is entirely an "insurance thing". This beats will not stop with mere insurance. It seeks complete control. If you can not see that, I truly feel sad for you.

Believe what you want. Support what you want, but when you get it in its full glory, keep your mouth shut the way you wish the opposition would behave right now.
Your same arguments were made in 1965 about Medicare - and it didn't happen. And if you don't think your private for-profit companies are "in the position to make your healthcare decisions for you via policy, rules, regulations, restrictions, and what will or won't be reimbursed," who is the cute, "child-like" one?

YouTube - Ronald Reagan - Medicare Myth Of Dictatorship

Old 03-19-2010, 12:11 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,344,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
It's called "satire". Look it up.
But satire involves "wit"

Old 03-19-2010, 12:17 PM

31 posts, read 73,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Michael J Fox can control his Parkinson for only very short periods of time. As the disease progresses, even medication will not control it. It's a long, painful death and there is no cure. You cannot live a normal live with Parkinsons disease. You should really do more research.

The man said he had Parkinson's on his poster. Do you think he just made it up and went out there for no reason?

You think it's appropriate to act the way those people acted toward this man?
Yes, he does well. Like many diseases, medication can only keep it under control for so long. Look I don't need to do in-depth research. I live with a person who suffers from a brain tumor and endured "somewhat controlled" seizures for seven years. These things never "go-away".

Many afflictions lead to abnormal existences; some are more normal, some less. I hate to sound callous but, big deal.

This isn't what were discussing here. He can say he ate an elephant yesterday as well. How do we know it's true?

Many folks will do almost anything to gain notoriety. Just look at all the reality shows depicting real people at their absolute worst, many times. He may have done just that.

We also viewed a video. Don't let me be the first to tell you this...do your own research and learn these things can be manipulated. Videos can be staged. The actors could stage the "crime" in order to portray something they want you to see and the reporter/videographer is an unwitting accomplice.

We who are real conservatives know any means necessary will be used to make us look like club-toting Neanderthals. We are your neighbors. Often we are your friends when we don't discuss politics. We are everywhere and we do everything you do, but we usually don't wear our political views on our sleeves, unlike so many on the liberal left.

Be wise. Be curious. Be cautious. If I have learned anything in my short existence, it is that appearances are surface deep, there's always a story behind what you can see, you can't always believe your eyes and ears. Tricks may be for kids, but tricksters are everywhere.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPants View Post
Teabaggers to ill Americans "Just die, just die already"

Rahm/Obama/Dirty Harry/Plastic Pelosi to ill Americans "Just die, just die already" (so our screwed up plan will look like it works).

Old 03-19-2010, 12:44 PM

[quote=Art123;13360733]Your same arguments were made in 1965 about Medicare - and it didn't happen. And if you don't think your private for-profit companies are "in the position to make your healthcare decisions for you via policy, rules, regulations, restrictions, and what will or won't be reimbursed," who is the cute, "child-like" one?

I don't do the little videos. Takes too long to load, everything coming by horseback out to the country here.

1965...you that old you remember that stuff? I was 14 and couldn't have cared less then.

Oh, Medicare...now THAT's a program that really is successful.

Actually, I have many, many medical benefits available that I see no need to use. I have never been denied anything I really needed. I don't ask for frivolous things, however.

But the crux of the matter is that I trust my healthcare insurance provider far more than I do a Chicago lawyer (or any lawyer, for that matter) and his henchmen (Rahm, et. al.).

You are still the wide-eyed one, babe.

Last edited by MuddyAxles; 03-19-2010 at 12:55 PM..

Old 03-19-2010, 01:05 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,618,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
But satire involves "wit"
Satire does indeed involve wit. But UNDERSTANDING satire, involves brains.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:13 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Yes, he does well. Like many diseases, medication can only keep it under control for so long. Look I don't need to do in-depth research. I live with a person who suffers from a brain tumor and endured "somewhat controlled" seizures for seven years. These things never "go-away".

Many afflictions lead to abnormal existences; some are more normal, some less. I hate to sound callous but, big deal.

This isn't what were discussing here. He can say he ate an elephant yesterday as well. How do we know it's true?

Many folks will do almost anything to gain notoriety. Just look at all the reality shows depicting real people at their absolute worst, many times. He may have done just that.

We also viewed a video. Don't let me be the first to tell you this...do your own research and learn these things can be manipulated. Videos can be staged. The actors could stage the "crime" in order to portray something they want you to see and the reporter/videographer is an unwitting accomplice.

We who are real conservatives know any means necessary will be used to make us look like club-toting Neanderthals. We are your neighbors. Often we are your friends when we don't discuss politics. We are everywhere and we do everything you do, but we usually don't wear our political views on our sleeves, unlike so many on the liberal left.

Be wise. Be curious. Be cautious. If I have learned anything in my short existence, it is that appearances are surface deep, there's always a story behind what you can see, you can't always believe your eyes and ears. Tricks may be for kids, but tricksters are everywhere.
Someone up above posted a link to an article about the hecklers and the man with Parkinson's. It wasn't "staged" and the guy does have Parkinson's. He used to be a nuclear engineer with doctorate from Cornell. Of the two hecklers Robert Letcher, the man with Parkinson's, even said they were not typical of the other anti-health care bill protesters. They were, however, confirmed by the protesters group leader to be a part of their organization. She condemned their behavior.

I'm sorry to hear your wife has a brain tumor. That's a tough row to hoe. If you read this whole thread you'd know my spouse has been paralyzed for 10 years and has a hard-fought vocabulary of 25 words. You and I both should know that you can't tell by looking just how disabled someone may or may not be. Some people can look perfectly normal but could be in terrible pain or have their brains so scrambled they don't know what year it is half the time. Others have energy levels that come and go as in the case of someone with an a-fib heart condition. The bottom line: for hecklers like those two in the video---and others here on this website---to make judgments about a total stranger's disability is inexcusable. The vast majority of disabled people would rather not have to depend on others for their health care and would work if they could. But most of the time they can't get jobs because of their pre-existing conditions which would cost an employer too much money if they could, indeed, find someone to insure them. If they do manage to find a job without health care then they'll make too much to qualify for Medicaid which they need to manage their disease. It's a catch 22 that health care reform will take care of.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 03-19-2010 at 01:24 PM..

Old 03-19-2010, 01:21 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,302,470 times
Quote:
Rahm/Obama/Dirty Harry/Plastic Pelosi to ill Americans "Just die, just die already" (so our screwed up plan will look like it works).
Wow, I can't believe it, another I know you are but what am I post.

Second one I've seen this afternoon.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:01 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,721 times
Exclamation Just A Reminder...

Quote:
You are so cute! Your child-like gullibility is enchanting. Just how long do you believe it will be before healthcare employees see "U. S." on their paychecks?

Some of the proposals we have heard of, found in these bills, would put the government in the position to make your healthcare decisions for you via policy, rules, regulations, restrictions, and what will or won't be reimbursed.

Explain to me what it is when the government decides to take over 17% of the entire economy. Explain to me just what you call it when the government has gonads to step between a citizen and his/her doctor attempting to sway the healthcare outcome by means of dictating what will or won't be covered?

You have been "dumbed-down" and made to believe this is entirely an "insurance thing". This beats will not stop with mere insurance. It seeks complete control. If you can not see that, I truly feel sad for you.

Believe what you want. Support what you want, but when you get it in its full glory, keep your mouth shut the way you wish the opposition would behave right now.
This is an open forum...yourself and people like the poster you so arrogantly tell to 'shut up' BOTH have the right to express your opinions...

And for the record, she doesn't have to 'shut up' just because you had your daily bowl of 'Snarky-O's' and are feeling somewhat superior in your opinion-making (which you most definitely are NOT)...I really do wish that civility was the order of the day from BOTH sides here...I have had occasion to cross-post with folks from the 'other side', who have expressed themselves with dignity and class, and have therefore earned my respect...

We still didn't see totally eye-to-eye at the end of the day, but we managed to agree to disagree without name-calling, finger-pointing, cyber-shouting, and without swelling up and telling someone else to 'shut up'...you have no idea how mad I get when I hear someone use that term here, or in the offline world...I say again, that poster has a right to their opinion, as you have yours, and they don't have to 'shut up' simply because you're on your 'neener-neener-neener you're a COMMIE!' soapbox...that's just plain childish, and uncalled for
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies