Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 10:34 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Not really.

When you get sick, you'll come crying and begging to be let into the health care system. You'll probably run your whiny ass to the emergency room and demand health care - whether you can afford it or not. If you can't afford it (and you probably can't if you don't have good employer-provided coverage), they still have to take care of you and people like ME get stuck with your huge bill. So you should pay into the system to help keep costs stable and low by allowing insurance to spread the risk of catastrophic care across a larger pool of people over time.

Or, if you don't want to do that, you should only get health care as long as you can pay for it. Once you run out, they should let you die.

Is that better?
Wrong, wrong, wrong......

I don't have employer-provided coverage, and I'm happy with my own. I have a high deductible, money in the bank to cover it, and a low premium. I've never run crying and begging to an emergency room, expecting to be taken care of by the govt. You've never been stuck with MY bill.

So why exactly should I pay into the "system" to keep costs stable? Oh yeah - to make things FAIR.

I like your last solution - it's how it should be now. If you can't pay, you die. If you want insurance, get a job. But seriously, nobody in this country dies for lack of insurance.

Funny, everyone is acting like the health care bill is really about health care. And not the trojan horse to get bigger and more intrusive govt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 11:06 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,033,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
But seriously, nobody in this country dies for lack of insurance.
Wrong, wrong, wrong......

New study finds 45,000 deaths annually linked to lack of health coverage | HarvardScience

Old 03-24-2010, 11:15 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,868,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Funny, everyone is acting like the health care bill is really about health care. And not the trojan horse to get bigger and more intrusive govt.
True.

And here is a question that none of the Obamacrats have been able to answer. Even with the additional 32 million people that will be covered, that still only brings the percent of Americans covered to about 97 percent. What about that other 3% of citizens? Who are they? Why will they remain uncovered? Do they not deserve healthcare as well? Notice how obama will not say this plan covers 100% of Americans......funny.....are the lives of these 3% uncovered less important than the 32 million?

Old 03-24-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
True.

And here is a question that none of the Obamacrats have been able to answer. Even with the additional 32 million people that will be covered, that still only brings the percent of Americans covered to about 97 percent. What about that other 3% of citizens? Who are they? Why will they remain uncovered? Do they not deserve healthcare as well? Notice how obama will not say this plan covers 100% of Americans......funny.....are the lives of these 3% uncovered less important than the 32 million?
Can ANY obamacrat answer these questions? I am really curious how, with national healthcare, we can still have a small percent of people that won't be covered. It isn't logical.....doesn't make sense.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:45 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
True.

No, but you folks didn't want any of them. They are a burden on the society after all. So a compromise was made to get most, if not all of them. How many did the aristocratic plan from the repubelicans promise to cover?

Ideally... Single Payer (Universal Healthcare)/Medicare for ALL. How's that, if you really value EVERY SINGLE life? I bet you don't... just drowning self in a crocodile tears.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:50 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,797,604 times
Quote:
Can ANY obamacrat answer these questions? I am really curious how, with national healthcare, we can still have a small percent of people that won't be covered. It isn't logical.....doesn't make sense.
1) Illegal Immigrants

2) People who choose to pay the fine rather than enroll.

Does that make sense? The people not covered will be people who choose to not be covered.

Obama certainly did better than Hillary - she never even got a bill to either floor for a vote. Good thing we didn't nominate her.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No, but you folks didn't want any of them. They are a burden on the society after all. So a compromise was made to get most, if not all of them. How many did the aristocratic plan from the repubelicans promise to cover?

Ideally... Single Payer (Universal Healthcare)/Medicare for ALL. How's that, if you really value EVERY SINGLE life? I bet you don't... just drowning self in a crocodile tears.
I'm not sure who "you folks" are, but after seeing all the sad cases obama paraded around to get his bill passed, I must ask, are these sad cases of these 32 million more important than the sad cases of the small percent who will remain uncovered?

Why didn't obama do his job and get everyone covered?

Why is this a half-*ss bill that STILL leaves a few million people not covered?

Doesn't seem very caring to me and didn't obama want to care for the uncovered?

Doesn't add up......doesn't pass the smell test.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:38 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Some sort of single payer for all was and is the goal and the only possible solution. Unfortunately the American public isn't ready for that because they are easily frightened. So, we get stuck with half baked alternatives until then. Like the one we have right now and the one we will have in the coming months/years.

I'm glad he pushed this through however. If it were up to the average American to decide things nothing would ever happen because we don't play well together. Some would rather go to war and kill each other than change to something they are not familiar with. We are so weird.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:40 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Some sort of single payer for all was and is the goal and the only possible solution. Unfortunately the American public isn't ready for that because they are easily frightened. So, we get stuck with half baked alternatives until then. Like the one we have right now and the one we will have in the coming months/years.

I'm glad he pushed this through however. If it were up to the average American to decide things nothing would ever happen because we don't play well together. Some would rather go to war and kill each other than change to something they are not familiar with. We are so weird.
no one knows what is in the bill. you would rather blindly change something to an unknown place

Old 03-24-2010, 12:44 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
no one knows what is in the bill. you would rather blindly change something to an unknown place
That not true. No one knows what of the bill will actually be implemented after our elected officials fight it out. And they will, over every single thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies