Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 08:58 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,906,042 times

Advertisements

1. You can keep your private insurance, you do not HAVE to but government insurance.
2. Auto Insurance is Mandated.
3. Home Owner's Insurance is Mandated.
4. Isn't health more important than the others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 08:59 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,247,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
So a Wingnut posts that illegals don't pay taxes.
I say they do, and often don't file because, well, they're here illegally.
So another Wingnut repies that they do pay taxes and file. OK
Then another wingnut reposts that exact same thing.

Which is it? Do they pay taxes????

Yes, of course they do. And as I've stated, may of them do not file returns - meaning they get no refund. I have worked closely with these people. You?

They pay taxes, and in the case of SS and Medicare, they never receive the benefits. They pay for our Medicare and SS.
Why haven't you turned them and the employer into ICE???

And you can't pay into SS and medicare unless you have an SS number to file to the correct account....SO if they are paying thru a payroll deduction I'd say they are using a stolen SS number....They could have a tax ID number but most don't... What do you think?

Old 03-24-2010, 09:03 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,906,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I think your prediction is correct. Those who do not want to buy insurance should be able to sign a legally binding opt out agreement that is available to all healthcare providers via a nationwide database. If an adult 'opter' shows up for medical care and can't pay - he/she goes home. Period.
What about auto insurance? It is mandated right? So the opter shows up for medical care, goes home and dies? Do you really thank that is going to happen? National database? They still dont have electronic medical records linked up, they arent going to have a national database of opters. This is all science fiction and completely unrealistic.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:04 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
1. You can keep your private insurance, you do not HAVE to but government insurance.
2. Auto Insurance is Mandated.
3. Home Owner's Insurance is Mandated.
4. Isn't health more important than the others?

1 There is no 'government insurance'
2 Auto insurance is only required to cover your liability to others
3 HO insurance is not mandated at all (If you have borrowed money to buy a house, the lender will require you to cover their interest)

Old 03-24-2010, 09:06 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,247,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
1. You can keep your private insurance, you do not HAVE to but government insurance. What government insurance?
2. Auto Insurance is Mandated. Only if you own a car and drive it..
3. Home Owner's Insurance is Mandated. NO it's not..
4. Isn't health more important than the others? That should be up to each person to decide, not a federal employee to do it for you...But Yes it is important..
Well?

Old 03-24-2010, 09:11 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,033,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippimagnolia View Post
Stop and think about you posted. Just think about it. You don't have to pay car insurance. Many people don't. They don't have a car and rely on public transportation. No one is making you pay car insurance.

You don't have to pay income tax. You only pay income tax if you work in this country. That's a choice. If you move into a cabin in the woods and live off the land, you won't pay income tax.
You can't live off the land and pay nothing. If it's in America, someone owns that land and you will either pay property tax or rent for it.
Quote:
Mandatory health insurance is a life tax. You are being forced to purchase goods and services from the Federal Gov't simply because you are breathing, which is unconstitutional.
I don't like mandatory health insurance either. But thousands of people a year die because they do not have health insurance; so since this bill will save thousands of lives a year, I am willing to deal with it.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:15 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
So a Wingnut posts that illegals don't pay taxes.
I say they do, and often don't file because, well, they're here illegally.
So another Wingnut repies that they do pay taxes and file. OK
Then another wingnut reposts that exact same thing.

Which is it? Do they pay taxes????

Yes, of course they do. And as I've stated, may of them do not file returns - meaning they get no refund. I have worked closely with these people. You?

They pay taxes, and in the case of SS and Medicare, they never receive the benefits. They pay for our Medicare and SS.
They pay taxes if they have a Taxpayer ID Number and are also eligible for refunds including refundable tax credits, which means they can get back more from the government than they pay in taxes.

'Working closely with them' doesn't necessarily mean you understand the facts.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:18 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,797,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Why haven't you turned them and the employer into ICE???

And you can't pay into SS and medicare unless you have an SS number to file to the correct account....SO if they are paying thru a payroll deduction I'd say they are using a stolen SS number....They could have a tax ID number but most don't... What do you think?
Yes * news flash* they had fake SS #'s. They were supposed to keep their "papers" with them while at work. Our employer also had copies of them on file. As far as the employer was concerned, the employees were legal - they had documentation.

I didn't turn anybody in because these guys were the only people to apply for jobs at the company (landscaping). We had the occasional American apply, and they almost always quit or were fired for not showing up on time, sober, etc...

If I "turned them in," I'd have no job either as the company would fold.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:23 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,797,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They pay taxes if they have a Taxpayer ID Number and are also eligible for refunds including refundable tax credits, which means they can get back more from the government than they pay in taxes.

'Working closely with them' doesn't necessarily mean you understand the facts.
Working closely with them means I know they did not file tax returns. We talked about. Because THEY didn't file, doesn't mean illegals don't/can't file. Is that a fact that is difficult for you to comprehend?

Most illegals that file, are doing so to establish that they are here and working, in the hopes of getting amnesty/citizenship some day - not just to get taxes back. Illegals that desire to go home some day generally do not file taxes.

Sorry to hijack this thread - last post on the subject.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:31 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Working closely with them means I know they did not file tax returns. We talked about. Because THEY didn't file, doesn't mean illegals don't/can't file. Is that a fact that is difficult for you to comprehend?
What makes you think your personal experience with a handful of illegal immigrants translates to millions of them?

Quote:
Sorry to hijack this thread - last post on the subject.
Good, because you're STILL ignoring the fact that the 6.8 million illegal immigrants who have Tax ID Numbers are eligible to get back more from the government than they pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies