Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 11:02 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldenton View Post
Don't u know, that if BECK! said it then they will believe it! Do's this sound familiar to anyone! wow.....
Can you prove one word of what he said yesterday was not the truth? You can't unless you know the words and you obviously didn't watch one minute of the video, I suggested. Show off that ignorance every time you get a chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Really? The government shut down a political blog for a week? I would think that that would be big news if it were true, yet somehow I never heard anything about it. Do you have the evidence to support this claim?
You have never been to that site so you wouldn't know. Take yourself to the site and see that they have the shortest archives I know of. They were shut down over a week ago and came back Monday, past. If you can't go to the site to see anything there is no way I can prove that to you. Hang in there though because I am sure that you people will get the truth about this from the White House thugs any day now.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I absolutely love the part where he uses a Van Jones quote as proof that the radicals of the 60's learned their lesson and have changed their tactics.

Lets see. Van Jones was born in 1968. I'm sure he was involved in a lot of bomb throwing and demonstration during the 60's.

Garbage in Garbage out.
I am sorry I didn't see that part. I guess you did look at some of it anyway since you seem to be one of the major protectors of Jones. I think that if you would look again you might see that there is no mention of when Jones did his thing. He has made his changed since Beck caused Rahm to move Van out.

Actually, I didn't think Van Jones was that old. I see him as much younger and an accomplished speaker who knows how to work a crowd of young people about as well as Obama can. I could really respect him if I hadn't heard his Power Change, 09 before I heard anything else from him. You have seen that video, I suppose.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:13 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Sadly, despite Mr. Beck's hyperbole, the people 'controlling' the WH are hardly progressive and they sure aren't radical.
If even half of Mr. Beck said was accurate, I would be doing hand-stands. Unfortunately so far, I see little difference between this administration and the last, particularly with regard to issues related to the big banks, The Patriot Act and the like.
While there have been marked improvements with regard to the EPA, children's health and the barest of movement towards repealing DADT and improving NCLB, they are but baby steps. Certainly not the stuff of progressive radicalism.

Oh, well.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:16 AM

30,072 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I was finally able to get my left winger siblings to watch CSPAN and the debates. They were so embarrassed by how the Democrats acted and what they said. They had no idea just how childish and insane the Democrats in congress were. All said they will never vote for a Democrat again, no matter who they are. It was a real revelation. I actually stopped talking to a few of them until they woke up to what they were supporting.

They also watched Beck today and were surprised at how little they knew of the type of people that surround hussein obama.

I am so happy to have my siblings back from the brain draining fog of liberalism!

Good for you! Unfortunately, most of the libs are so brainwashed that they walk around like the living dead, refusing to read or evaluate any factual information that might refute thier core beliefs. To actually have a liberal awaken is so odd that it could probably be reportable in a medical journal. I wonder if NEJM would be interested in that as a case report?

Old 03-25-2010, 11:18 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Once again Roy asked people to prove one thing beck said in that program was a lie, and once again the left responds with name calling and insults. They do so because they know beck did not lie. It is funny to challenge them to prove anything he said was a lie and then foam a the mouth about everything but proving a lie.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:20 AM

5,477 posts, read 12,249,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Beck said today that the White House is trying very hard to marginalize him along with the Tea Party by calling them raciest, revolutionaries and other names that people accept without knowing anything other than their words.

If you haven't watched today's show it is a must, I think. If you have you know what your fooled siblings now know. It was his best show of all time, but how many people who need to see him will see it if they didn't during the gold commercials?
Liberals love a victim. They love capitalizing on them to push their agenda and they love to act like them when there is a pushback to their agenda.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:04 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,092,613 times
Quote:
Now that you have called me a simpleton maybe it is time for you to refute any words he spoke yesterday. Did you watch the video or just jerk some words from your wealth of stories about the Beck show? I think I know and I don't think you can refute one word he said yesterday.

Come on you know that the lefties are far too lazy to research anything so they just swallow what their minders tell them and spew it out. Anyone can research anything Beck says to see if it is true but hussein obama's minions do not want to know the truth. It will in interfere with all the propagana and indoctrination they have been swallowing all their lives.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:14 PM

18,401 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Now that you have called me a simpleton maybe it is time for you to refute any words he spoke yesterday. Did you watch the video or just jerk some words from your wealth of stories about the Beck show? I think I know and I don't think you can refute one word he said yesterday.

I watched the show! it was all his opinion, he believes what he said so no he didn't "lie" but that doesn't mean he doesn't have his head up his arse. you wanna buy a bunch of convoluted "facts" go for it.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:15 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I watched the show! it was all his opinion, he believes what he said so no he didn't "lie" but that doesn't mean he doesn't have his head up his arse. you wanna buy a bunch of convoluted "facts" go for it.
so there are no lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies