Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 10:57 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,120,643 times

Advertisements

I want to know what people from other countries think about the U.S. healthcare reform bill recently passed by congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 02:32 PM

74 posts, read 125,287 times
I think it is about time the USA started to try and take care of all of its citizens, not just the well off ones. I am happy for US

Old 03-25-2010, 03:38 PM

14 posts, read 22,590 times
I like a lot of what i've heard of the bill, my only issue is the government forcing ppl to buy insurance or they'll be fined.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:50 PM

2,579 posts, read 2,451,378 times
I think that any Country that considers itself civilized should have a system that looks after all of its people otherwise it is not very different from a jungle where only the strong and fit survive.

So I feel that the US are on the right track here. I am just so surprise at the sheer number of American citizens who are against it. But then I suppose people are conservative by nature and few accept change easily.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:26 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,865,046 times
Foreigners don't get one thing, they don't get that they did not pass what they have. This bill does not include a public option or anything close to that. People from Europe or Canada can hardly call this a good move. It's still a crappy system.
It is not even CLOSE to what Spain or Canada has.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:55 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,645,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Foreigners don't get one thing, they don't get that they did not pass what they have. This bill does not include a public option or anything close to that. People from Europe or Canada can hardly call this a good move. It's still a crappy system.
It is not even CLOSE to what Spain or Canada has.
Yes, but it is better than the current system.

As a "foreigner" living in the US, with inside knowledge from a country with health care for ALL (not just the rich people or those with jobs that either provide them with health insurance or that pays enough for people to afford buying it for themselves), all I want to say is ...

WHAT THE HECK TOOK SO LONG???!!!

Why shouldn't everyone be able to afford a health insurance, or why should the insurance companies be able to say "we're not paying for that treatment even if its' the only thing that will save your life"?
With the current system, the tax payers are already paying for the people with no health insurance. So what's the difference? None.

Go health care reform!

Old 03-25-2010, 07:00 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,110,449 times
About time

I am surprised by the opposition of this bill on these boards.

All citizens should have the right to health insurance. No citizen should be denied health insurance, or be forced to declare bankruptcy due to health issues.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:07 PM

74 posts, read 125,287 times
Yeah, I must say it does make me sad to see people are more worried about the survival of all the companies (which are doing fine) more than they are worried about the lives of other people.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:08 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,357,512 times
My aunt who married a Guardia Civil cop and is living in Barcelona had this to say:

"AMEN!!!"

When she then read what Republicans are doing, she said:

"Well, one reason why I'm never going back to the USA is because 1/2 the population is still in the 'outback and wilderness' mentality of the USA, so it's no wonder they're like children. Nothing new here, they've always been that way."

Old 03-25-2010, 07:09 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,787,649 times
I also have a simple question for all foreigners on here....What do you think about Obama, and the other representatives who passed the bill having an exemption to where they don't have to follow the same law as the people within their country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies