Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2010, 11:31 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,437,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
You think birthers are spreading misinformation and I think they are spreading the truth.
then bring the evidence to support your claim to the eligibility thread.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:53 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
No, I don't know him personally but I checked out his service record and have determined that he is a man willing to stand by his convictions at any cost. That does not make him a loser in my opinion.
Well, he stands to lose his rank, his pension and his freedom for a few years. Perhaps he'll get a radio show when he's released -Oliver North and Gordon Liddy has turned their crimes into a media platform for the easily duped, after all.

Lakin's CO (Colonel Gordon Roberts - MOH recipient, how's that for a service record?) issued the orders - the President didn't.

Lieutenant-Colonels have more leeway in interpreting orders than enlisted men, but that does not extend to direct insubordination. And by making it as public as he has - going on the air with felon Gordon Liddy - he has really removed any chance for the army to handle things quietly. It'll be a short court-martial. The guilt question is settled - Lakin is blatantly disobeying a direct order.

He doesn't get to inspect the CINC's paperwork any more than he gets to inspect that of anyone else above him. Command would break down. "Sergeant, I refuse to dig that hole until I get independent verification of the Lieutenant's commission." No army can work like that. If a superior officer tells you that in his judgement, the order is valid - and the order isn't obviously illegal under the UCMJ or the Laws of War - you hop to it. It is your obligation and the CO carries the responsibility. Clearly, orders to ship overseas are not illegal under the UCMJ, they're quite common these days.

Incidentally, has anyone checked to see if his principled stance extends to not cashing his paycheck?

Old 04-22-2010, 11:58 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,196,846 times
What an entertaining thread

Old 04-23-2010, 12:26 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,482 times
Quote:
The DNC knew that Obama did not meet the natural born citizen status and still pushed him forward as the candidate. Yes that is my opinion and I stand by it. The DNC did so in violation of the Constitution. That makes the DNC traitorous IMO.
When John Jay wrote the letter to Washington..requesting there be a strong check preventing foreigners or non natural born citizens becoming President. Do you think the DNC took it into consideration? No they did not. They posted a computer generated copy of a BC...where is the strong check. Now we have this mess. They wanted their guy and would do what is necessary getting Obama elected. Where is the investigation? There were many red flags.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:33 AM

Only 58% of Americans actually believe Obama was born in the United States. Wonder how many think he is a natural born citizen. This poll is from the leftist NY Times/CBS.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:33 AM

18,383 posts, read 19,012,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
When John Jay wrote the letter to Washington..requesting there be a strong check preventing foreigners or non natural born citizens becoming President. Do you think the DNC took it into consideration? No they did not. They posted a computer generated copy of a BC...where is the strong check. Now we have this mess. They wanted their guy and would do what is necessary getting Obama elected. Where is the investigation? There were many red flags.
again you seriously think with all the power and money behind folks that did not want obama elected couldn't prove he wasn't a citizen because it is a bogus trumped up bit of BS

Old 04-23-2010, 01:03 AM

438 posts, read 503,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Only 58% of Americans actually believe Obama was born in the United States. Wonder how many think he is a natural born citizen. This poll is from the leftist NY Times/CBS.
This poll could be used by either side. You use it to embolden your position that your birther accusation deserves merit but at this poll could also be used to show how a substantial segment of America retain old racist beliefs.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
This poll could be used by either side. You use it to embolden your position that your birther accusation deserves merit but at this poll could also be used to show how a substantial segment of America retain old racist beliefs.

if you think the issue is old racist beliefs..let us look to the Founders..who founded this country on their beliefs....what if the Founders did not want a black man to be President...think for a moment who were the foreigners..who were the citizens....John Jay said no foreigners...only natural born citizens...were the slaves some of the foreigners? In that regard...did the Founders..really mean..did they..think..if you are a natural born citizen you are not born into slavery?? It is something to think about...someone needs to explain..what did the Founders mean by natural born citizen.and not wanting foreigners being President..maybe it will be brought out at LTC Lakins trial.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:48 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
Quote:
The DNC knew that Obama did not meet the natural born citizen status and still pushed him forward as the candidate. Yes that is my opinion and I stand by it. The DNC did so in violation of the Constitution. That makes the DNC traitorous IMO.
Ummm, some proof please.
Nice opinion, but only your opinion.

Do you really think that the Clintons wouldn't have discovered and exploited an issue like that.

Teabaggers grasping at straws isn't working too well.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:56 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,155,853 times
Quote:
You have some nerve referring to people as idiots when you refer to the Commander-in-Chief as the Cinc.
Sweet, give someone enough rope...... QED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies