Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:06 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekender1968 View Post
I'll stop my little rant with one final thought;
We need to use common sense on everyday issues, and that will free us up to solve the more complex issues. If you see a hole in a tree and you can't see what's in there, if YOU stick your finger in the hole and something bites you, that is YOUR FAULT, not the city that planted the tree.
What about if it's your neighbor's picket fence, and you stick your hand thru it and their dog bites it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 09:10 AM

199 posts, read 319,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
What about if it's your neighbor's picket fence, and you stick your hand thru it and their dog bites it?
LOL

Well, in my opinion, don't go around sticking your finger in places you don't know about. After all, it is you NEIGHBORS yard.

But that is a 'built in consequences scenario".

Do it once,, LESSON LEARNED

Old 04-07-2010, 09:18 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It can be both. These people are willingly getting into a poverty cycle so they will pull at both your wallet strings and your heart strings.

Yes you can feel sorry for the single mother with 8 kids by different dads, and the kids who have little future because half the dads abused them and the other half were just one night stands - but at the same time you can realize that you're paying for these people and their complete lack of responsibility, and your money is going to reward them for being irresponsible.
Yes, and you can dwell on feeling superior to the poor and ignore the Wall Streeters, CEO's, bankers who jerked your wallet strings at the same time you can realize that you're paying for these unbelievably wealthy people and their complete lack of responsibility, and your money is going to reward them for being irresponsible......

when THEY were ripping us off you can believe THEIR heart strings weren't touched.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:34 AM

199 posts, read 319,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, and you can dwell on feeling superior to the poor and ignore the Wall Streeters, CEO's, bankers who jerked your wallet strings at the same time you can realize that you're paying for these unbelievably wealthy people and their complete lack of responsibility, and your money is going to reward them for being irresponsible......

when THEY were ripping us off you can believe THEIR heart strings weren't touched.
HELLO

Don't forget how these CEO's do not ONLY exist in corporations.

Look at Henry Paulson, what was the top job on his resume?

Henry Paulson, CEO
Goldman Sachs

Most of the Bush era financial appointees had been pushing for the deregulation of investment banking for decades, and when they got appointed to public office, they did just that!!!!! truly amazing isn't it?

Not really, as a public we have been so uninvolved with the political process that we let it happen. Quit listening to the news and actually sit down and talk to your elected officials, several congressman have been saying this sort of thing could happen for quite a while now.

But alas, we would rather listen to the media "buzz words" and forgo educating ourselves and each other as to the real culprits in America.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:00 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,872,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieMame View Post
How positively racist of you.
White kids never have babies, do they?
Do you believe in the right to life, until birth?
How positively RACIST of YOU.Is there any mention of race in my post? It's people like you that pull the "Race Card" all the time when you are wrong and incapable of defending their point of view.Guess What??? It doesn't work anymore.I really don't care what color has babies white,purple,green,plaid or whatever.If you can't take care of them don't expect everyone else to be paying for them.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:25 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,872,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Another one who doesn't know what they are talking about. You see one, maybe two examples of ghetto behavior and you beat your chest braying superiority. Have at it, but I will make fun of you for your ignorance, I will point out the obvious ignorance of your statements. One in every two black women is celibate. Black fertility is at crisis levels and by 2042 blacks will be at 6% of the population. What will you do when you can't beat the usual dead horses of righteous indignation? Better start practicing on some other ethnicity because 2042 will be here before you know it.

H
The only one ignorant is you.Where is RACE mentioned in my post?It seems you are already stereotyping and ASSuming it's about African Americans,so who is jumping to conclusions?2042 will be here in over 3 decades whats your point?Better educate yourself before making more false assumptions.There are plenty of women of all ethnicities that are responsible parents,I thought this thread was about those who aren't .In closing don't breed'em if you can't feed'em.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:38 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,938,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
The only one ignorant is you.Where is RACE mentioned in my post?It seems you are already stereotyping and ASSuming it's about African Americans,so who is jumping to conclusions?2042 will be here in over 3 decades whats your point?Better educate yourself before making more false assumptions.There are plenty of women of all ethnicities that are responsible parents,I thought this thread was about those who aren't .In closing don't breed'em if you can't feed'em.
Independent corroboration has you over the top eh. RACE was all over your post and you insult all our intelligence by claiming it isn't. You are the ignorant one. Own it. Those hispanics breeding like good Roman Catholics actually can afford those babies. What is your point? The unemployment rate in the hispanic community is around 2%. Quantity has a quality all its own. Enough adults working fast food jobs can actually get something done. And as if there isn't enough chest thumping one of you has gone off and started another thread. Sigh...

Old 04-07-2010, 11:08 AM

398 posts, read 819,300 times
Can anyone say: Octomom?

Old 04-07-2010, 12:18 PM

769 posts, read 888,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002
Maybe if they had education about means of BC and weren't under the jurisdiction of the church. I can't tell you how many people at the Catholic school I went have had unplanned kids out of wedlock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Try.

Out of the 18 that I graduated with, 5. In case your not quick with the math, that's 27%, and we graduated HS in 2005.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:27 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterK View Post
Out of the 18 that I graduated with, 5. In case your not quick with the math, that's 27%, and we graduated HS in 2005.
All because they went to Catholic school.
Do you and twista hang together?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies