Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:22 PM

548 posts, read 1,252,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
We do. You in the city? Let me tell you. Since leaving NYC and moving here. Two years next month. I have not seen one, not one, pregnant black girl, or woman for that matter. I have seen a dozen or more white teens and uncountable hispanics. Give the black thing a rest.

H
I live in NYC; I ride the trains everyday and I see black and hispanic pregnant girls, calm down, I wasn't trying to be offensive, this is based on my observation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 08:24 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterK View Post
See kids, class envy."""

Yup, when a repug runs into opposition either envy/hatred/ or fear are the first things they ALWAYS think of...because those are their only emotions

"""Your sentence is full of emotion""

Wrong again, I was quite unemotional handling the same stupid "let's hate the poor because it's the christian thing to do " thread.

and lacking much credibile information. The rich don't take tax breaks, they are given by the government, for which we elect."""

I didn't vote for Georgie, the pig who gave the wealthiest tax breaks.

""If your implying the richest 1% somehow out vote the other 99%

You don't pay for the tax breaks for the rich, no money is given to them, just less taken."""

And just WHO do you think makes up for what the Wealthy get out of paying?.....

"""Money being paid out for welfare, about $800B.

Money taken in from the top 5%, about $2.5T.

These issue don't compare, the monetary difference is about 3, ten year long, Iraq wars. Still claiming the rich don't pay taxes?
Your figures are wrong and misleading....when is the last time you heard of a welfare Mom remodeling her office for 4 million dollars of bail out money?

That's OK, the Wealthy, your gods, appreciate your EMOTIONAL defense of them which will probably continue even when one has his foot on your neck and he's taking your shoes and underwear.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
There is a time limit. Seriously, where have you been? You just want to rag on minorities don't you. I am sorry for you that this is how you get your self-esteem fix.

H
I am a minority and there can't be a time limit because I vounteered at a child welfare program and there were women who had been on public aid/food stamps for over 10 years.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Your figures are wrong and misleading....when is the last time you heard of a welfare Mom remodeling her office for 4 million dollars of bail out money?

That's OK, the Wealthy, your gods, appreciate your EMOTIONAL defense of them which will probably continue even when one has his foot on your neck and he's taking your shoes and underwear.
We aren't talking about the wealthy, we're talking about underage/poor single mothers.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:32 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
We aren't talking about the wealthy, we're talking about underage/poor single mothers.
Yes. I know because it's one of the repugs favorite "whipping boys"

It's

"Let's pick on the poorest of the poor because it makes me feel superior but you won't catch me complaining about how the Uber-Wealthy rip us off with their tax breaks that I pay for but am too scared to complain about because the Wealthy are superior to me and I willingly help them out without a whimper"

thread.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes. I know because it's one of the repugs favorite "whipping boys"

It's

"Let's pick on the poorest of the poor because it makes me feel superior but you won't catch me complaining about how the Uber-Wealthy rip us off with their tax breaks that I pay for but am too scared to complain about because the Wealthy are superior to me and I willingly help them out without a whimper"

thread.
I am not a republican or conservative, this issue in particular pulls at my heart strings because I know that at the end of the day, this poverty cycle will continue...and we know how many other psychological and sociological issues poverty leads to.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:36 PM

211 posts, read 544,780 times
I have to agree with you. This new generation seems to be getting stupid instead of smart, even with
all the billions of dollars going to education. Its almost laughable. They get too much too soon and dont appreciate anything. The childen suffer and we pick up the bill. There is no excuse for a young
woman to get pregnant now a days. Thats just stupitidy.!!!!

Old 04-06-2010, 08:37 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
I previously stated that there should be a five year limit for welfare instead of open-ended.
As a former caseworker, that would not work b/c what would that young uneducated girl do for the five year waiting period? The Clintons had a program welfare and it worked too well, in fact the state (pa) began to slowly ignored the program b/c it affected the funding since more people were getting off of welfare then planned.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
As a former caseworker, that would not work b/c what would that young uneducated girl do for the five year waiting period? The Clintons had a program welfare and it worked too well, in fact the state (pa) began to slowly ignored the program b/c it affected the funding since more people were getting off of welfare then planned.
Well these are people who must be getting over on the system, which is still NOT amusing.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:01 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post

First of all the people that have these children are normally poor/uneducated and in many cases denied sex education b/c of religous reasons and are forced to keep a child(ren). These are also the very same people that even if they wanted an abortion they could not have one (or afford one in many cases). Now you have people who have the audacity to complain that they are footing the bill for the welfare folks! there is even one that was nervy enough to single out blacks and latinos as being the probelm. This is really funny since there are more whites on welfare than blacks or latinos.
This is 2010, not 1910. Please tell me what mother or father (or grandmother or grandfather), of any race, religion or income level in 2010 does not understand where babies come from? Why is that information NOT being passed on to their little darlings? They forgot how they got knocked up at 15 (for GENERATIONS)? They forgot how hard it was? There IS NO EXCUSE in 2010 for not being able to tell your kid where babies come from especially if you don't keep tabs on your kid. The least you can do is tell your 15 year old that sex=baby. Buy her/him a box of condoms....or better yet...keep tabs on your teen and don't let him/her stay out until 2am. There's a thought!! Parent you kid instead of letting a box of condoms keep your kid from being a parent!

I'd guess you'd have to drive through New Brunswick, NJ to see where one ethnicity really holds the cards for the most kids ever. Can't see a Mexican woman walking down the street who isn't pushing a stroller without 2 or three other kids in tow while also obviously pregnant. They may WANT them, but having children you can't afford is nothing other than selfish and stupid. Especially when you're shoving 3 -4 kids into a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment you're about to get evicted from. Close your legs or use a condom. It really IS that easy...and if you haven't figured out HOW you got pregnant by the time #2 rolls around...you're an idiot. Full Fledged Idiot. Here's your sign, your badge and don't miss your ride on the little yellow bus to social services.

Quote:
The real probelm that I have with this is that the very same people that can afford to "fix that little situation" are the same ones preventing others from doing the same thing b/c "it is wrong" or "why should I pay for someone elses mistake".......Well folks you cant have it both ways! You either are going to teach sex education, allow abortions (under certain conditions) or shut up and foot the bill!
How do you "teach" sex ed to a mami or a papi or anyone else who already has 3 kids and is preggo with number 4? She still doesn't understand where babies come from? She can't pass that info on to her kids? Her 35 year old mother didn't realize where babies came from? Like I said, this is 2010 and you have to be REALLY STUPID to not have a clue. My oldest is 10 and he knows. I will provide him with anything he needs when he's old enough and I will make sure to tell him to double it up. I also have my "there are girls you will bring home to mommy and there are girls you won't" speech prepared. What's the "rumbling" in lower class families? What is so important that they're doing and their kids aren't paid attention to? The next party to go to? The next high? The next drink? The BS "boys will be boys" crap?

No one is a victim of a pregnancy other than the baby (or if the mom was raped). Two consenting people having sex who end up preggo...they aren't the victims of an action, they are the cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies