Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 07:55 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times

Advertisements

You people kill me! On one hand you have a group of people condoning sex education and abortions but on the other hand you have pretty much the same people crying about paying for someone else's mistakes (kids)......Make up your freaking minds!

First of all the people that have these children are normally poor/uneducated and in many cases denied sex education b/c of religous reasons and are forced to keep a child(ren). These are also the very same people that even if they wanted an abortion they could not have one (or afford one in many cases). Now you have people who have the audacity to complain that they are footing the bill for the welfare folks! there is even one that was nervy enough to single out blacks and latinos as being the probelm. This is really funny since there are more whites on welfare than blacks or latinos.

The real probelm that I have with this is that the very same people that can afford to "fix that little situation" are the same ones preventing others from doing the same thing b/c "it is wrong" or "why should I pay for someone elses mistake".......Well folks you cant have it both ways! You either are going to teach sex education, allow abortions (under certain conditions) or shut up and foot the bill!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 07:56 PM

769 posts, read 888,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Like dated complaints about welfare, the op is apparently unaware of the steadily decreasing rate of teen pregnancies across racial lines.

Though still too high do you not agree?

Old 04-06-2010, 07:57 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,940,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
Oh please, who will starve? starving people have the drive to work. This is America, not Ethiopia.
Quote:
17.3 million people lived in households that were considered to have "very low food security," a USDA term (previously denominated "food insecure with hunger") that means one or more people in the household were hungry over the course of the year because of the inability to afford enough food. This was up from 11.9 million in 2007 and 8.5 million in 2000.
Very low food security had been getting worse even before the recession. The number of people in this category in 2008 is more than double the number in 2000.
Black (25.7 percent) and Hispanic (26.9 percent) households experienced food insecurity at far higher rates than the national average.
Sorry, but people are going hungry in this country. I can accept that there are people exploiting the welfare state, but unfortunately you have to realize that there is real poverty in America. Single mothers with multiple kids would be screwed no matter how much they worked.

They would be forced at best to put their kids into an already overcrowded foster home system, and many simply won't do that. You want to end welfare because some people exploit it, and screw everyone who doesn't, right? Your private charity idea is to absurd to return to;

Old 04-06-2010, 07:57 PM

548 posts, read 1,252,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Like dated complaints about welfare, the op is apparently unaware of the steadily decreasing rate of teen pregnancies across racial lines.
I'll close my mouth when there are NO teen pregnancies that WE have to pay for.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:58 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,940,747 times
Quote:
Taking away a person's will to reproduce is extreme to me. No one is saying don't have children, I'm just encouraging people to wait until they have a few bucks in the bank first. These people are putting the horse before the cart.
And you're also encouraging an end to welfare, throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:58 PM

548 posts, read 1,252,175 times
Let's pay for abortions...or is this too radical?

Old 04-06-2010, 07:59 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,792,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You people kill me! On one hand you have a group of people condoning sex education and abortions but on the other hand you have pretty much the same people crying about paying for someone else's mistakes (kids)......Make up your freaking minds!

First of all the people that have these children are normally poor/uneducated and in many cases denied sex education b/c of religous reasons and are forced to keep a child(ren). These are also the very same people that even if they wanted an abortion they could not have one (or afford one in many cases). Now you have people who have the audacity to complain that they are footing the bill for the welfare folks! there is even one that was nervy enough to single out blacks and latinos as being the probelm. This is really funny since there are more whites on welfare than blacks or latinos.

The real probelm that I have with this is that the very same people that can afford to "fix that little situation" are the same ones preventing others from doing the same thing b/c "it is wrong" or "why should I pay for someone elses mistake".......Well folks you cant have it both ways! You either are going to teach sex education, allow abortions (under certain conditions) or shut up and foot the bill!
They're killing you too?

Nice to see I'm not alone!!

Old 04-06-2010, 08:00 PM

769 posts, read 888,012 times
Quote:
+1 I'm in.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
I'm not opposed to that but you have people up in arms about women obtaining abortions with their OWN money. I wouldn't want to see the fight if the government said they would pay for abortions.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Taking away a person's will to reproduce is extreme to me. No one is saying don't have children, I'm just encouraging people to wait until they have a few bucks in the bank first. These people are putting the horse before the cart.
I'm not TAKING anything away.
The men can VOLUNTEER for a vasectomy. No one would be FORCED to have a vasectomy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies