Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2010, 09:18 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
This is 2010, not 1910. Please tell me what mother or father (or grandmother or grandfather), of any race, religion or income level in 2010 does not understand where babies come from? Why is that information NOT being passed on to their little darlings? They forgot how they got knocked up at 15 (for GENERATIONS)? They forgot how hard it was? There IS NO EXCUSE in 2010 for not being able to tell your kid where babies come from especially if you don't keep tabs on your kid. The least you can do is tell your 15 year old that sex=baby. Buy her/him a box of condoms....or better yet...keep tabs on your teen and don't let him/her stay out until 2am. There's a thought!! Parent you kid instead of letting a box of condoms keep your kid from being a parent!

I'd guess you'd have to drive through New Brunswick, NJ to see where one ethnicity really holds the cards for the most kids ever. Can't see a Mexican woman walking down the street who isn't pushing a stroller without 2 or three other kids in tow while also obviously pregnant. They may WANT them, but having children you can't afford is nothing other than selfish and stupid. Especially when you're shoving 3 -4 kids into a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment you're about to get evicted from. Close your legs or use a condom. It really IS that easy...and if you haven't figured out HOW you got pregnant by the time #2 rolls around...you're an idiot. Full Fledged Idiot. Here's your sign, your badge and don't miss your ride on the little yellow bus to social services.

How do you "teach" sex ed to a mami or a papi or anyone else who already has 3 kids and is preggo with number 4? She still doesn't understand where babies come from? She can't pass that info on to her kids? Her 35 year old mother didn't realize where babies came from? Like I said, this is 2010 and you have to be REALLY STUPID to not have a clue. My oldest is 10 and he knows. I will provide him with anything he needs when he's old enough and I will make sure to tell him to double it up. I also have my "there are girls you will bring home to mommy and there are girls you won't" speech prepared. What's the "rumbling" in lower class families? What is so important that they're doing and their kids aren't paid attention to? The next party to go to? The next high? The next drink? The BS "boys will be boys" crap?

No one is a victim of a pregnancy other than the baby (or if the mom was raped). Two consenting people having sex who end up preggo...they aren't the victims of an action, they are the cause.
First of all if you want to use the hispanics as an example, ok lets do this. Hispanics (mostly mexicans) are predominately catholics which DO NOT believe in birth control in any form. So knowing about where babies come from and actually preventing that from happening is an entirely different matter.
Secondly, there are parents who do not have the relationship (or common sense) to tell their children about birth control, they already know all about sex from the media. These are also the same parents that normally don't know where their young daughters are at any given time of day.
Finally, the well to do parents of kids who get pregnant have the resources to get abortions whereas the poor do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 09:28 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,199,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Many POOR people? News flash, Blackand Hispanic do not corner the market on being poor or on welfare. Visit Arkansas, Mississippi, Kentucky or any other area's of the south and you will see a rainbow coalition of women and men on welfare. So no your not a racist, just following along with the typical rhetoric.

Depend on what, city, state, or metro you live in and whether you live in a urban or rural area. 88% of the Section 8 vouchers in the Chicago area are black. I agree with you that there is more diversity in the welfare office than one realize. I guess in a typical urban Midwest and Northeast setting, the welfare office is a lot more associated with poor black people. Contrast to West Virginia, which is one of the poorest states and like 95% white. Where there are a lot of poor white people, I'm sure there is many white teen baby mommas collecting a check.

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 04-06-2010 at 09:38 PM..

Old 04-06-2010, 09:31 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,382,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
I don't mean to single any groups out, but this is more prevalent in black and hispanic communities. Women having children with very little means of caring for them. I DON'T understand this. Children are so precious and it's so selfish to reproduce offspring when you don't even have a High School diploma. Then what happens? We end up unwillingly helping them out through out taxes. I am sick of this!
I see it a lot with blacks and hispanics too but I have to say, during my time living in Alaska, saw it HUGELY with young white gals there. Kind of a different demographic but very similar attitude, IMO.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:36 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Quote:
I don't mean to single any groups out, but this is more prevalent in black and hispanic communities. Women having children with very little means of caring for them. I DON'T understand this. Children are so precious and it's so selfish to reproduce offspring when you don't even have a High School diploma. Then what happens? We end up unwillingly helping them out through out taxes. I am sick of this!
Just like in the "Good old days"
No education + poor + young = Lots of kids

Old 04-06-2010, 09:43 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Good reasons to support homosexuality - maybe even encourage it.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:52 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,021,530 times
Quote:
Another perspective:

A lot of females are naive. They get glossy eyed at some Johnny Depp-looking dude, or meet some guy in school and get struck. They believe that they're going to spend the rest of their lives with this person and want to show that by giving birth. Guy turns out to be the exact person the girl's friends and parents warned her that he was. They separate, now she's stuck with the kids. Her next step is to try and get child support and help from the state.

I know this to be the case quite often because I've met plenty of females who have been in this situation. They seriously believed that "He was the one", and got played.

The real issue is that females don't seem to get it, even with their own bodies. Too many are concerned with having kids because it's what he wants. Too many having kids fresh into the marriage, or even before marriage. Too many having kids because they think it's what they're expected to do. I've only met a select few who were really using their heads and not having children until the time was absolutely right - they'd been married like 4-5 years or something, confident in the stability of the relationship.

In other words, not all of the females are just having sex willy-nilly. Not all of them are accidents. Some just don't think about the consequences of their choices before they make them.

By the by, ignorance is color blind.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:30 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
First of all if you want to use the hispanics as an example, ok lets do this. Hispanics (mostly mexicans) are predominately catholics which DO NOT believe in birth control in any form. So knowing about where babies come from and actually preventing that from happening is an entirely different matter.
And if they followed that canon law to a "T", they would only have sex in order to have a baby. And NOT knocking up your dead brother's wife would be a sin too.

Like I said, it's 2010. No excuses. And I'm sure there is also something in the bible that says being illegal (breaking a law) or joining the Latin Kings (and dealing drugs (breaking the law) and killing people/robbing people/coveting what others have (breaking the law) or cheating on your baby-mommy(breaking a commandment) is probably a bad thing too. You can't pick and choose. You're either all in or all out. Those who use their "religion" to cover their bad choices when it comes to having babies they can't afford but turn a blind eye to all their other "sins" need to get over it.

Quote:
Secondly, there are parents who do not have the relationship (or common sense) to tell their children about birth control, they already know all about sex from the media. These are also the same parents that normally don't know where their young daughters are at any given time of day.
And that is completely inexcusable. In this day and age the 30-something parents of early teens today grew up with a hell of a lot more information than the 40-something parents of early teens did.

Quote:
Finally, the well to do parents of kids who get pregnant have the resources to get abortions whereas the poor do not.
So what? What are the percentages of the "unfortunates" in the lower-class/poverty situations that would have had abortions if they were free (not to mention those who keep on having one after the other?) vs. those who wouldn't have had abortions? Why keep the kid? Give it up for adoption. It's not easy, but neither is an abortion. Where was the lesson of being pregnant and not having a pot to pee in the FIRST time around LOST? How STUPID do you HAVE TO BE to go through it more than once?

Old 04-06-2010, 10:35 PM

223 posts, read 169,603 times
Quote:
Maybe if men kept it in their pants or took matters into their own hands it would be a better world.

I get tired of the women are whores attitude.
Without sperm pregnancy would be unlikely to occur.
There are relatively few virgin births these days.

Duh.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:04 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Another perspective:

A lot of females are naive. They get glossy eyed at some Johnny Depp-looking dude, or meet some guy in school and get struck.

In other words, not all of the females are just having sex willy-nilly. Not all of them are accidents. Some just don't think about the consequences of their choices before they make them.

By the by, ignorance is color blind.
It sure is and this is WHY every single teen (or girl once she graduates into the club of "able to get preggo", and boy once he hits the age of "girls are pretty cute") should be required to spend a summer or two in the infant room of a daycare center. Let them have FUN taking care of a few infants - feeding them, burping them, changing the diapers every 2 hours (or more), getting them to sleep, having the babies spit up on them or get sick all over them, or deal with a baby who has a cold and is just miserable and screaming for hours on end and they can't escape or hand the baby over to grandma. No playing with the 2 year old or 4 year olds when they're all fed and dry and happy and running around on the playground...let them see what it's like to take care of an infant or two or three for 8 hours a day...send them to the 3 year old room when the kid who is going on 4 years old drops a load in his pull-up and make him/her change it.

Perfect form of birth control for those who are NOT ready to give up their freedom in their teen years but think they are old enough to have sex.

I highly doubt any individual part of an unwanted or wanted teen or early 20-something pregnancy has ANY clue what it takes. And that goes for those who think abortion is the easy way out. Let them see the precious little things they may eventually have scraped/sucked out of their uterus. As stinky and demanding as these little buggers are, they are the WORLD and more to those who want and take care of them in the way they should be and deserve.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:13 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
I agree. I too am sick of the hispanic BLOOM of children they cannot afford. What the hell? I would NEVER EVER have a child if I was not ready. This is insane! INSANE I tell you. Why are teen girls and boys so stupid at times? Just because that cute boy or girl tells you they love, DOES NOT MEAN THEY DO.

I am sick of it. I know WAY too many people who got pregnant in high school and they think it is sooo awesome. Shut up. Get a life. You have no clue. They have no degrees...no high school...no nothing. They just sit on welfare all day. It makes me so angry. Why the hell am I going to school and struggling with these courses? I should just get pregnant and let you all take care of me.

Hell with it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies