Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2010, 06:34 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,393,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Hold on a second, I never said 60 hospitals were closed. READ MAN, READ!! before posting.

But, I do know of one Michaell turned away care for the needy just to save money for her bonus check.
Did you read the quote you'd quoted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 06:38 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,393,049 times
Oh wow. So, more on that "60 hospitals cancelled" bit.

A little irony. In this article, ObamaCare Will Effectively Bar New Physician-Owned Hospitals - IBD - Investors.com, the reasons that this law will cause problems for physician-owned hospitals is outlined. The biggest issue? They can't survive without medicare patients. Medicare, of course, is single-payer gub'ment provided socialized medicine.

Quote:
And they are the lucky ones. There are currently 60 to 65 physician-owned hospitals under construction. Those that aren't finished and don't have a Medicare provider number by Aug. 1 (Dec. 31 if the reconciliation bill passes) will probably never open their doors. Without a provider number, such hospitals can't treat Medicare patients, which are usually essential to financial survival.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:45 AM

20,836 posts, read 17,112,746 times
Honestly, Obama is such a huge sucess story, not only for this nation but for the world. If people cannot (or will not) see that so be it. Prejudice, like silence is the first thing a dictator demands of it's people are there are so many mini dictators demanding our adherence to their viewpoint that Obama is a "failure" while he forges consensus here and in the world. A refusal to see the truth is the loss of the person who won't or can't grow. No loss. WE the people are moving on. Ask anybody.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:09 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
AS FOR ME, I MADE MONEY AND WAS ABLE TO FIND WORK UNDER BUSH UNTIL THE NUTTY LEFT TOOK OVER CONGRESS!!!

I AM NOW OUT OF WORK AND HAVE BEEN FOR 8 MONTHS UNDER THE POS OBAMA'S CHANGE FOR AMERICA. SINCE IT IS SO GOOD FOR YOU LOONEY LEFT OBAMA SUPPORTERS, HOW ABOUT HELPING ME OUT WITH MONEY? Remember, we used to have Hope, Cash in our wallets and bank accounts, and now under the loonety left's controlof Congress and then the icing on that obama being elected, we do not have jobs, we DO NOT have cash in our wallets, and guess what? We don't have any honesty from obama or his supporters! I'll say it again, the day he is killed, removed from office, or croaks before his term is up will be a great day of hope for our Nation. Party at my house when that day comes. Oh, one other thing for the nutty left obama supporters;

Just like me, I made a small fortune thanks to Bush. My business grew and expanded beyond belief and I was able to sell it for a ton of cash.

Thank goodness I sold it then because once the loons took over it went to crap and the new owner is now struggling thanks to the Obamonators nasty economy.

This is being purposely done to hurt Americans financially. Alsinky rules for radical freaks is to weaken people financially so they depend on the government.

You are not the only one that has been hurt by Reid, Pelosi and Obama.

Things are getting worse instead of better by a certain poster will come along and tell us how great things are looking.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Did you read the quote you'd quoted?

PLEASE READ.

I never quoted any article.

You are having a hard time keeping things/posters straight.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
What has Barack Obama done for these 57 states?

Well, he has never said or written one thing that will be remembered by future generations. For a guy that is of superior intelligence you'd think he come up with something. No 'fear itself' or 'buck stops here' or 'axis of evil' or 'I have a dream' Nothing. Pretty sorry for a "genius" if you ask me.

He passed health "care" adding 1 trillion dollars to health care costs over the course 6 years.

He keeps saying spending money helps the economy then he turns around and says we are spending too much money so we need health "care" reform. He's wishy-washy.

He's the first guy to run a trillion dollar deficit.

He has repeatedly raised taxes on everyone.

He redid the credit card rules which will add costs to business and put minimum wage employees at credit card companies out of work.

He threatens cap and trade and making coal so epensive that millions of businesses will go under. Then he wonders why unemployment is so high.

Unemployment has jumped 3 or 4 points since he's been in office. Even though he claimed he would never allow it to go this high.

He repeatedly has insulted and made fun of PRIVATE American citizens.

He takes credit for anything that goes right and blames Bush for anything that goes wrong. Reminds me of a 7th grader. An immature 7th grader.

He basically accused all white cops of being racist.

He doesn't seem to have made any friends with overseas leaders. Clinton and Bush had Blair and Netanyahu. Reagan had Thatcher. FDR had Stalin. Who out there likes Obama?

Which reminds me. He gave the Queen of England a bunch of DVDs. Jed Clampitt knows that is low class.

He hasn't got us out of Afghanistan and Iraq but at least he hasn't made it worse.

I can't really think of anything he's done that is useful to these 57 states. Oh wait, he and his wife planted a garden at the White House in an attempt to encourage people to grow their own food. I think this is good. Because after he passes cap and trade we will paying $500 for a cucumber. It's a good idea to learn how to garden.

Other than his total lack of respect for the Queen of England he's about like every other president for the last 50 years: a faliure.

+1 for you. I see that you, like many of us can see right through the village fool who is stinking up our WH.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:21 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
-He struck down a rule that prohibits U.S. money from funding international family-planning clinics that promote abortion or provide counseling or referrals about abortion services.

-He got the ball rolling on health care reform.

-He appointed first female Hispanic Supreme Court justice.

-He's reduced Republicans into speculators that are often times wrong. How many of you Republicans would have predicted the Dow to be at 11,000? Now for the "Well the Dow isn't an indicator of a good economy, blah blah blah" posts from the right. I can't wait!

Old 04-13-2010, 07:24 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,983,572 times
Here is 2 example:

1. Nobody is talking about the D (Depression) word anymore. Some are talking recovery. Obama stepped in the gap and stuck to a measured recovery plan of stimulus dollars and labor force transition.

2. Saved GM. By making GM restructure before bailing them out, and putting incentive money to help the industry, he saved the industry. People want to make jokes about “cash for clunkers” but the automakers aren’t laughing. They’re thanking him.

Last edited by Mr. Opinion; 04-13-2010 at 07:32 AM..

Old 04-13-2010, 07:32 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
That says "cancelled". Not "closed". These, according to the article, were hospitals in the development stage.

Big difference.
Not really because of the bill they will never open. The people that would have worked at them wont. The people they would have helped wont.

Think of how that could have stimulated the economy from building them to staffing them to helping Americans.

Not going to happen now

Old 04-13-2010, 07:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
He took the oath of office and thus the Bush era was over. I did a happy dance.

This proves my point about voting has consequences.
2008 was not a vote for Progressive Obama, it was a vote against Progressive Bush.

Neither candidate was worth voting for.
The time has come, to once again rid politics of the Progressive movement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies