Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 09:44 PM

22,218 posts, read 19,520,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

When Obama has 52 consecutive months of job growth like Bush did then come back!

Facts are he did it with tax cuts, not tax increases like Adolf is trying.

Obama has ZERO consecutive weeks of job growth and is now 9 million in the hole on jobs. He promised 5 million new jobs and thus far has create ZERO private jobs.

You should add in 2004-2005-2006-2007 in your little chart.

Notice the downward trend once Nancy and Harry took over congress?

One minute you tell us to give Obama more time and the next minute you are showing us a chart with short lived information that do not represent his 14 months of 5 million job losses.

So don't you want someone who was handed billions of dollars to create new jobs?

Give me just a million tax payer dollars and I will have 100 or more new jobs created by tomorrow night and 1000 jobs by the end of the week.

Let me tell you something else.

Slowing down jobs losses is EASY, creating them is HARD.

So far, Obama has failed the task to create enough jobs for people to save their homes. His record on consecutive months of foreclosures is proof to show he does not care.

The stimulus was there to help create jobs and so far it has been a total failure and almost criminal to those of us who are paying for it.

Keep trying to make up something positive but in the end, the people know the man is a failure, his record shows it.
First off the 9 million number is made up and a lite.

Bush had the SINGLE WORST JOB RECORD of any President since the stats were compiled starting in 1939. His record is worse than EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT, which includes those who haven't served two full terms like he did, those who served only one term, and those who didn't even serve a single term. Bush's job record was worse than ALL OF THEM.

When you inherit an economy that is bleeding jobs at the level it was when Obama took over (2.2 million lost in Bush's last three months) its going to take time to recover. The bleeding will continue, and hopefully slow down so a recovery can take place. Just like when someone is cut badly and is gushing blood, the person isn't all of a sudden going to stop bleeding and be better, its going to take some time for the bleeding to stop, and hopefully the bleeding will slow down, eventually stop and then the person will be able to recover. That is exactly what is going on now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 09:46 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,413,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I'm sure you are just joking, but regardless, your response was childish.

This is a very serious issue facing our country right now. The least you could do is show some respect.
Freedom of speech, sir.

(I think the post was asinine, too, but with all the vitriol and irreverence floating around on this board, to pretend this is a serious forum is an exercise in futility.)

Old 04-11-2010, 09:50 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,727,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Anyone? Healthcare is inneffective until 2014 and will probably be dismantled by then. He hasn't created any jobs. He hasn't made the country any safer. He hasn't saved us any money. WTF are we paying him for?
You have been fed a lie if you think health care is ineffective until 2014. Many aspects of it kick in immediately. A few are delayed, but providing health care for all (flawed as it may be) is a HUGE accomplishment that no president since Teddy Roosevelt first attempted it has achieved.

Economists estimate that the stimulus has created about 2 million jobs and will create about 3.5 million when all is said and done. Not only that, but there's consensus among non-biased professionals that his administration kept our economy from diving into a depression. Government never intended to create overall jobs - just to reduce jobs lost. The result, however, is that we are seeing positive job growth. One need only look at the graphs to know that.

He has focused our war efforts on actually fighting terrorism and he has focused diplomatic efforts on building working relationships with nations that are the basis of peace, so I'm not sure the basis of your argument about safety.

In summation, your assessment of our president is very inaccurate.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:09 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,333,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post

Bush had the SINGLE WORST JOB RECORD of any President since the stats were compiled starting in 1939. His record is worse than EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT, which includes those who haven't served two full terms like he did, those who served only one term, and those who didn't even serve a single term. Bush's job record was worse than ALL OF THEM.

When you inherit an economy that is bleeding jobs at the level it was when Obama took over (2.2 million lost in Bush's last three months) its going to take time to recover. The bleeding will continue, and hopefully slow down so a recovery can take place. Just like when someone is cut badly and is gushing blood, the person isn't all of a sudden going to stop bleeding and be better, its going to take some time for the bleeding to stop, and hopefully the bleeding will slow down, eventually stop and then the person will be able to recover. That is exactly what is going on now.

Worst job record?

Provide that information dating back to 1939 then.

4 years of job growth in a row is hardly bad.

The stimulus was suppose to create jobs and his has not.

What have we waited on? For more Americans to lost their homes because he worked on HC instead of the more important jobs issue?

I will await the proof of how Bush had the worst record.

Make sure you included those great 4 years of his.

And mention after 2007 that Harry and Nancy were running congress.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:11 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,018,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Conspiracy theorist? If we're going to say that Obama is 'book smart' based on good grades and high LSAT scores, wouldn't we need to HAVE SEEN his grades and LSAT scores to confirm that they were at levels high enough to classify him as 'book smart?'
Excellent point.

How do you lefties know if you have never, ever, never seen his transcripts?

Quote:
Bush's job record was worse than ALL OF THEM.
You need to get your facts straight.

Bush had very low UE for many years, in fact on average, his UE % was around 5.4%.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:12 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,589,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I'm sure you are just joking, but regardless, your response was childish.

This is a very serious issue facing our country right now. The least you could do is show some respect.
Can you ask Sunnydays to show respect to the President since we are facing serious issues? Why just me? We liberals stood behind Bush during 9/11. You all should be standing behind Obama to get through this mess. The least you could do is show our president respect.

Thanks.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
One good thing Obama did?

Pissing off insane Republicans.

I am going to vote for him in a heart beat just for this reason and many others.

Actually you are wrong.

He was the perfect person for the job at this time in our history.

He is a gift that keeps on giving.

It is a great thing to have him in office while the country falls apart. He will get the total blame, the dems will lose control of the congress by 2012 and we will be back to conservatives running things.

This time the conservatives WONT BE ACTING like fool democrats like they did.

The conservative majority in this country wants conservative people in those positions, and if you are not conservative you are not going to get the job.

So no, Obama does not tick anyone off at all.

Like me, I see his failures, daily mistakes, weakening of our country and insane decisions and can actually jump for joy that he continues to be an epic FLOP and FAILURE. Why? Because I know Obama will end liberalism in America which is a GREAT THING!

Thanks Obama for being such a failure. Keep up the great work bubba!

I am pulling for you!

Old 04-11-2010, 10:14 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,131,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post

Do you just throw stuff out there and hope it sticks? Apparently. The job market was excellent in the first half of last decade. 4% unemployment. Yeah that is an aweful job record. Things started to hit the fan when Democrats took over in congress and Bush became a lame duck. Not that Bush was the greatest president we ever had. But at least Bush and the GOP lead congress didn't send businesses running the other way like this adminisration and the Democrats are doing. We haven't had ONE net job created since president DUFIS was elected.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:16 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,018,709 times
Quote:
Can you ask Sunnydays to show respect to the President since we are facing serious issues? Why just me? We liberals stood behind Bush during 9/11. You all should be standing behind Obama to get through this mess. The least you could do is show our president respect.

Thanks.
Yeah, he sure did show respect for the will of the people, didn't he?

The man doesn't deserve it, has not earned it.

He has made the "issues" ten times worse with his policies.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:

Thanks.

You EARN respect and thus far he has not EARNED my respect.

You stood behind Bush for one day past 9-11 and then did things like this.

So do not give me that respect line of crap. Your side did some awful things for many years and now you act like you did not.

Oh yea, some respect for someone who saved your butt.

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww318/SunnyDays90/bush3.jpg (broken link)

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww318/SunnyDays90/bush1.jpg (broken link)

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww318/SunnyDays90/liberals_hate_troops.jpg (broken link)

But this is how angry anti American liberal think. I could not expect anything else from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies