Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 02:11 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times

Advertisements

I must say that I feel like a dear in the headlights of an oncoming truck speeding down the expressway. Through my own education and analysis, I actually predicted, back around 2003-2004, that our economy was nigh for an economic collapse. Change globally, the trade deficits, the behavior of the FED and the inability of traditional monetary and fiscal policies to stimulate growth, played a big role in my conclusions, although not limited to those reasons.

Peak-oil was another phenomenon that caught my interest back in the early part of this decade. The theory was sound. Exponential population growth and energy demand vs. finite petroleum logically meant that at some point we would reach theoretical peak what I did not know and cannot know is what reserves actually exist in the ground at this current time. However, studying the behavior of China, India, the USA and other signs, I was led to believe that the era of peak oil was nigh.

Despite having forewarned myself. I have not been able to adequately move out of the way of this truck. I took a job that I thought would be more recession resistance, but my employment is hardly secure, although I am thankful I am still working. I radically reduced my debt, only having a mortgage payment. However, you cannot allocate all your resources to preparing for economic collapse….because you will collapse your own life before prematurely. One thing that I am glad of, unfortunately, is that most people have their heads in the sand and don’t really know how bad things really are. If they did know, it would impact their behavior in such a way that it would collapse the economy sooner, rather than later.

Oil crunch by 2012, say military experts | News.com.au
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 02:20 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/autom...tric-cars.html

I've brought this up before too. It seems perfectly clear to me the powers that be expect it to happen in this decade, yet are reluctant to tell the unwashed masses. Scary stuff... REALLY scary stuff...

Old 04-20-2010, 02:29 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,871,484 times
Yep. Why do you think we're in Iraq?

Old 04-20-2010, 02:33 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Right, NOW that the ChickenHawks are in a dither looking for reasons to jump into Iran, NOW this becomes a crisis situation?

I'm catching a BIG whiff of male bovine excrement

Old 04-20-2010, 04:52 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,708,526 times
Yip now it does. And we should just let it be and not go in. It is by far the cheapest way to get out of Iran Before you go in.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:16 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Resource wars..you don't think every other country wants their hands on that oil too ?
China is investing all over the world in commodities, including oil. They have cash and just buy their way in. We have guns and seem to want to shoot our way in.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Resource wars..you don't think every other country wants their hands on that oil too ?
China is investing all over the world in commodities, including oil. They have cash and just buy their way in. We have guns and seem to want to shoot our way in.
That is an over simplification. This is just a continuation of GW's axis of evil. I don't see this as a resource war. Did we get Iraq's oil? We could be buying our resources if we wanted to but we don't because a very small number of people want to make huge profits form cashing out the middle class in America. People will get rich or continue getting rich off of a war with Iran. Follow the money. There is the answer.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:00 PM

Don't forget oil price manipulation.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:01 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,034,703 times

Old 04-20-2010, 07:02 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I must say that I feel like a dear in the headlights of an oncoming truck speeding down the expressway. Through my own education and analysis, I actually predicted, back around 2003-2004, that our economy was nigh for an economic collapse. Change globally, the trade deficits, the behavior of the FED and the inability of traditional monetary and fiscal policies to stimulate growth, played a big role in my conclusions, although not limited to those reasons.

Peak-oil was another phenomenon that caught my interest back in the early part of this decade. The theory was sound. Exponential population growth and energy demand vs. finite petroleum logically meant that at some point we would reach theoretical peak what I did not know and cannot know is what reserves actually exist in the ground at this current time. However, studying the behavior of China, India, the USA and other signs, I was led to believe that the era of peak oil was nigh.

Despite having forewarned myself. I have not been able to adequately move out of the way of this truck. I took a job that I thought would be more recession resistance, but my employment is hardly secure, although I am thankful I am still working. I radically reduced my debt, only having a mortgage payment. However, you cannot allocate all your resources to preparing for economic collapse….because you will collapse your own life before prematurely. One thing that I am glad of, unfortunately, is that most people have their heads in the sand and don’t really know how bad things really are. If they did know, it would impact their behavior in such a way that it would collapse the economy sooner, rather than later.

Oil crunch by 2012, say military experts | News.com.au
Pehaps they should ask the geologists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies