Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 12:03 PM

1,081 posts, read 916,534 times

Advertisements

Berkley is a disease, just look at California as a whole. Berkley-types have killed that state and are now begging the feds daily for $$$.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 12:18 PM

376 posts, read 295,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
OK, you have the Berkeley council and mayor telling the US Marines they are unwanted and unwelcomed intruders to their city and actively worked to try to get them evicted from their city. Even the mayor dressed in pink and protested outside their office telling them to get out of his city. You have an organization of public school teachers and college professors whose goal is to try to prevent military recruiters from signing up any of their students. You have college professors who've attacked military recruiters' display. You have ROTC and military recruiting stations attacked and vandalized. Why this violent hatred of the US Military and does this hatred also extend to the country the military defends?

Who cares what berkely does. Who wants those p*****s in the military anyway. The thing I like about berkely and places like it are they keep those morons out of my neighborhood.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:45 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,735,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
OK, you have the Berkeley council and mayor telling the US Marines they are unwanted and unwelcomed intruders to their city and actively worked to try to get them evicted from their city. Even the mayor dressed in pink and protested outside their office telling them to get out of his city. You have an organization of public school teachers and college professors whose goal is to try to prevent military recruiters from signing up any of their students. You have college professors who've attacked military recruiters' display. You have ROTC and military recruiting stations attacked and vandalized. Why this violent hatred of the US Military and does this hatred also extend to the country the military defends?
Here is your answer about Berkeley.
Berkeley City Council urges against federal military spending - The Daily Californian

I can't speak for all liberals. Others may try to stereotype us but we are individuals. Here is my stance :

We should not be the aggressors ever. We must try our best to avoid any kind of violent act. Sometimes we may be forced to go to war by others who do not respect the concept of the brotherhood of humans. We may be called upon to defend our country from external aggression, then we are duty-bound to join in the struggle for peace and freedom. Under these circumstances, we cannot be blamed for becoming soldiers or being involved in defense. However, if everyone were to follow the advice of the Buddha, there would be no reason for war to take place in this world. It is the duty of every cultured person to find all possible ways and means to settle disputes in a peaceful manner, without declaring war to kill his or her fellow human beings."

Old 01-13-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Berkeley City Council urges against federal military spending - The Daily Californian

I can't speak for all liberals. Others may try to stereotype us but we are individuals. Here is my stance :

We should not be the aggressors ever. We must try our best to avoid any kind of violent act. Sometimes we may be forced to go to war by others who do not respect the concept of the brotherhood of humans. We may be called upon to defend our country from external aggression, then we are duty-bound to join in the struggle for peace and freedom. Under these circumstances, we cannot be blamed for becoming soldiers or being involved in defense. However, if everyone were to follow the advice of the Buddha, there would be no reason for war to take place in this world. It is the duty of every cultured person to find all possible ways and means to settle disputes in a peaceful manner, without declaring war to kill his or her fellow human beings."
Just curios, how many bong hits did that speech take?

Old 01-13-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post

Just curious, how many bong hits did that speech take?

Old 01-13-2012, 03:29 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,199,324 times
These are examples of dumb liberals. A logical person would disagree with things like US international policy and the way we handle war as well as reasons for going to war. If they want to be mad at someone, they should be mad at Washington.

I'm a liberal and I joined the navy because I didn't want to pay off debt forever just to go to college. It doesn't make me a bad person just because I joined. For some people the military was a good way to escape poverty and get some opportunities.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:41 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,304,342 times
What type of impression does it provide when the military is forced to employ cheap sales tactics to get someone to join? Does the military ever think about that? Do you like salesmen harassing you? Joining the military is an honor. People who join the military should do so because they want to serve and honor their country. If you are having to coerce people to join the military that sends the wrong message and provides a poor image of the military. If anything it's counterproductive to their efforts in my opinion.

When I see an aggressive sales person trying to coerce me to buy the product, my immediate impression is that the product is not worthwhile and the person trying to sell me the item is less credible.

I don't see anything wrong with recruiting people to join the military but I do disagree with how it's being done. I think recruiting should be done in an upfront manner. They can have events, booths or displays. Harrassing people on the street makes the process less credible and creates fear and suspicion if anything.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:44 PM

63 posts, read 82,444 times
because thye are trying to stop the people thats going into the military, army manily, to save them from being attacked, then killed. berkeley been this way since the 1960s. i live near berkeley too

Old 01-13-2012, 04:06 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Here is the deal....they don't just hate the military.......the HATE the good ol USA!! It's called political/social suicide
I'm liberal and I love the U.S.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:10 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,846 times
The more radical libs among us are subversive. They hate our military's honor, strength and AUTHORITY. Yeah....the military per their oath has sound, Constitutional authority to handcuff BO and a lot of his chosen assistants. They all know this and maybe it's even subconscious with some of them, like the bunch at Berkeley while I know it's something those in the White House are aware of.
Hence...our most peculiar president wants his own "Civilian Security Force" while demoralizing and downgrading our military forces. *(something being done right now)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies