Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 10:19 AM

2 posts, read 1,704 times

Advertisements

I served in the navy during the Gulf war aboard the USS MISSISSIPPI CGN-40 and no one in the military are the adjectives I've seen used by writers such as 'Pandamonium', 'Bulldogdad', 'jtur88' and others espousing the same misinformation. To say our military personnel who 'have been indoctrinated to be ready to kill any man, woman, or child, upon command, unquestioning, even if Americans are not in danger' shows this person has not done the necessarty homework to speak about a subject they know nothing about. The military does not want or aim to kill randomly or without reason. Did you know in the Gulf War the US used smart bombs to limit civillian damage and loss of life in their 'mindless attempt to kill innocent men, women an children' as did the 9-11 hyjackers?. As we have amply seen in the last 2 years, civillains die will not supposedly in danger. Who would have thought that a theater, school, church or place of employment werd places of such death. These people were in danger from civillians who never would have been allowed in the military, and thus not from the mindless, indoctrinated and mindless military service members. Asfor military personnel who do crimes, any screening done by human beings will be flawed since no person is perfect 100 % of the time. Gun issues are not part of the discussion here. Have those people saying the military is full fo mindless, indoctrinated autobots ever taken the time to talk to or visit the military academies or ROTC programs to see and hear their training first hand? I did as I served for 5 and a half years on the USS MISSISSIPPI. Has this person read th code of military justice? What of the american soldiers on trial in the middle east for 'possible', remember 'possibe' crimes since liberals must recall by law, even in the military, innocent until proven not innocent. Killing those who have called for jihad against every emerican who does not believe in islam and is thus an infidel makes defending america and thus exterminating people who had NOT an imaginary relevance, but the relevance of our survival as a country and our existence as people since they say "Death to ALL Infidels.". That means death to any non-islamic believer which means death to "Pandamonium', 'Bulldogdad', 'jtur88' and others like these people. Did you know american soldiers have sisters, mothers, brothers, fathers and other people they love and thus are not the unfeeling, indoctrinated and unfeeling mindless autobots that are depicted by the left and othrs. I am a independent. I don't mindlessly and blindly follow what the right or left says or tells me to do. I believe in a balanced budget, responsibility and logic. While both sides have good ideas and good points, neirher is correct 100 % of the time. While the world would be a perfect place if we could pay for all the programs in the federal budget without cutting or raising taxes while balancing the budget, this can't be done sicnce the world is an imperfect place. The budget will have to be balanced on everyone's back and not just teachers, government workers or the business and wages that make taxes possible. Every tax is paid for by everyone in the public, excluding loopholes in the tax code, since corporations, no matter the size, pass on the tax to their customers and the public in their prices to maintain their existence, much less their profit. Do you recall the recent bankruptcy of maker of the Hoho cream filled snack? I am also not a heavily religious person so the knee-jerk responses from the right or left, especially the left on issues outside of religon have no place in a responsible debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 10:26 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Pacifism is an American tradition as old as the nation itself. An entire state was founded by the Quakers.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:27 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Strange, I have no remorse and I have yet to go off the deep end and kill anyone here... Imagine that.......

Old 01-13-2013, 10:38 AM

2 posts, read 1,704 times
Also, Just as Eisenhower did when firing MacArthur and President Obama just re-established by firing the Middle-Eastern General, civillians and the government send the military on orders and if anyone goes renegade, they are jailed, court-martialed and sometimes even jailed for disobeying orders given to them their civillian superiors. This fact is never acknowledged by those saying the miliatary is a mindless and indoctinated entity with no soul or human feelings that kills indiscriminately and just for the fun of it. On the USS Mississippi, CGN-40 we always did what the civillians told us to do and in the military code of justice in all the services, one can have their objection formally noted for the record to insure we are not a bunch of mindless robots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies