Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 12:01 AM

1,179 posts, read 976,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I'm just wondering when it's all gonna backfire.
It already backfired in 08, when he won the election. The GOP is simply too stupid to realize that and they just keep using the same tactics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 01:46 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,455,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
hitler came into power because germany (after ww1) was in economic depression and he was the candidate of 'hope and change',, his plans slowly moved from being helpful to dreadful,,

simple things like 'nationalizing' corporations, removing the guns from the people,,blame the jews (or the modern version 'the zionists'),,duty of the state(government) to PROVIDE for the people,,division of profits (redistribution of wealth),,,, DO THESE SOUND FAMILIAR,????....... YES THE ARE THE TALKING POINTS OF THE DNC AND MOVEON.ORG, and pelosi/obama.............THEY ARE ALSO PART OF HITLERS 25 POINTS
omg you're right. Reagan came to power too in a recession. And then said, "it's morning again in America." Ew, hope and change. Why did it take us thirty years to realize REAGAN WAS HITLER REBORN OMG!?!??!?!?!!!!!11111

Old 05-27-2010, 02:08 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,536,914 times
Reagan talked about a shining city on a hill. Obama talks about an arrogant, degenerate country and apologizes for us every chance he can. He is the first black president yet his WH uses the race card every chance they can. The feeling I get is whiney and pass the buck when things go wrong.

Which leader are you prone to follow?

Old 05-27-2010, 02:35 AM

20,298 posts, read 37,237,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
The United States is not a family or an individual and economies the magnitude of a country or state or city operate by different rules. That is why none of you geniuses could pilot this country for more than five minutes without crashing it into the ground. Do you think if it was as easy as eliminating Welfare, Social Security and Food Stamps that it wouldn't already be done! . The tired comparisons of America to Joe Six Pack are insulting in their naivete and churlishness. Obama has yet to spend a dime of your money.

H
What nonsense are you talking about? I was talking about living on credit (overspending), which is exactly what Obama continues doing. If Obama wanted to improve the economy after Bush, he should not have passed Obamacare, would not have approved the bailouts to the auto industry and lending institutions, would have pulled out of Iraq and Afghanistan, would have stopped pork in Congress (like he promised), would not be having so many parties at the Oral office, and so forth.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/around-tow...-94935344.html

Obama hasn't spent a dime of my money? Oh, I get it Obama refuses to take any money from working Americans. He just prints money all night and spends it all day

Last edited by RayinAK; 05-27-2010 at 02:59 AM..

Old 05-27-2010, 02:39 AM

Quote:
By creating inflation. Historically, creating inflation lowers unemployment.

I think that living above your means is a bad thing. Unfortunately, many Americans had their means devastated by the lack of regulation during the Bush years. So the government took care of its citizens by passing ARRA to create some jobs instead of just letting things fall as they may as Hoover did.
Give me an example of the jobs Obama has created with inflation

Obama is not creating inflation, but borrowing from China, and spending with no end in sight, which in turn will create the inflation that could very well kill the US economy

Old 05-27-2010, 02:44 AM

Quote:
I'm not spouting some inane theory... this is like an accepted fact. Only under Carter and early-Reagan was there high inflation/high unemployment. Only under Clinton was there low inflation/low unemployment. Both were exceptions. During the Great Depression, there was deflation/high unemployment. During late-Bush/present-Obama, there is low inflation/high unemployment. We were risking deflation, so Obama spent to create some inflation.

Look it up. I'm not going to give you an economics course. I'm not saying HIGH inflation is a good thing. I'm saying that SOME inflation, which is arguably absent, is NECESSARY if we want our economy to grow.
If you want the economy to grow, you make it possible for the private sector to create jobs. Repeat after me: Private sector jobs, jobs, jobs! That's what improves local and national economies, not government jobs and budget deficits.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:46 AM

41 posts, read 22,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Reagan talked about a shining city on a hill. Obama talks about an arrogant, degenerate country and apologizes for us every chance he can. He is the first black president yet his WH uses the race card every chance they can. The feeling I get is whiney and pass the buck when things go wrong.

Which leader are you prone to follow?
Going by what I've read on this forum so far, I'd be apologizing for this country too if I were Obama. It's pretty embarrassing seeing people sticking their feet into their mouths on a daily basis. LOL, but hey, our country is based on freedom, freedom of the dumb, right?

Old 05-27-2010, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
No, he wasn't. Don't you know what he was talking about? You're certainly opinionated enough on the subject of Obama.
OK, then. Tell me what type of civilian force Obama was talking about? The Hitler Youth? See.. I don't think Obama was talking about kids, but a force made of adults. For example, the "community organizers" he is known for being part of. Therefore, organizations such as ACORN and others could very well be what he was talking about, unless you can prove otherwise.

Last edited by RayinAK; 05-27-2010 at 03:03 AM..

Old 05-27-2010, 04:48 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,425,918 times
No worse than comparing him to or calling him a good President or even American. The man is a sad disappointment & a threat to our way of life. Hitler was freely elected & widely supported before he did what he dis, I wonder if anyone imagined the things he did were coming?

Old 05-27-2010, 04:54 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,804,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Whether you like him or not or think he is doing a bad job or good, does anyone think he should be compared to one of the most disgusting people of all time? Last I looked, Hitler ordered millions to be killed. He told lies and used propoganda to blame others for the problems of society.
I have seen pictures of Obama with the same mustache (photo shopped onto him) as that piece of sh-- and I wonder what the hell society is thinking. I hated Bush and I wouldn't even have referred to him this way. So what kind of idiotic comparison is this? Did people sleep for 8 years? Has anyone in the US recently killed millions that we didn't hear about? Anyone else seen these ridiculous posters?
Where were you when the same idiots compared Bush to the same person?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies