Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2010, 10:59 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Read post #38 before you make a bigger fool of yourself.

I am merely suggesting people refrain from condemning Israel before the facts are out. You clearly have not interest in doing that. So at a minimum it makes you unfair.
ask the families of the 34 dead crew members of the USS Liberty equates to hate?
Or does this equate to not gathering the facts?
I will take the word of the survivors of the USS Liberty over the word of those who attacked a US flagged ship without provocation any day of the week. I have read the book by the Captain of the Liberty.
Israel has a glorious history of misdeeds. Misdeeds that no US citizen would tolerate our own soldiers committing.
In this case the ship was in International waters. Israel had no technical right to board it. Their boarding went poorly. Which is often the case when you are breaking international laws. People seem to feel they have a right to defend themselves especially when they havn't done anything wrong. At least not at that point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 10:59 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
strange stuff in the middle east.
peaceful aid flotillas transporting weapons and troops??
peaceful farmers in afghanistan, diggin up roads planting bombs not beans when shot and killed by american helicopters caught on film?
2 different sides of the story no?

Old 05-31-2010, 11:00 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
ask the families of the 34 dead crew members of the USS Liberty equates to hate?
Or does this equate to not gathering the facts?
I will take the word of the survivors of the USS Liberty over the word of those who attacked a US flagged ship without provocation any day of the week. I have read the book by the Captain of the Liberty.
Israel has a glorious history of misdeeds. Misdeeds that no US citizen would tolerate our own soldiers committing.
In this case the ship was in International waters. Israel had no technical right to board it. Their boarding went poorly. Which is often the case when you are breaking international laws. People seem to feel they have a right to defend themselves especially when they havn't done anything wrong. At least not at that point.

Well I think we all appreciate your rush to judgment in this matter.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:03 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Here's how it will play out in the US media.

The IDF will put out their propaganda about what transpired. This will be reported without scepticism as a credible "one side of the story".

Then they will report the story all these hundreds of hysterical humanitarian do-gooders relate as "the other side of the story".

Then they will tell something along the lines of ....."the world will never know what really happened"

Hedy Epstein the Jewish Holocaust survivor will back up the protestors side of the story and the Israeli media will brand her a "self hating Jew" as they did Judge Goldstone when he headed up the UN investigation on Israeli war crimes.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Oh poor, poor, picked upon Lebanon. Israel would have no reason to want to defend themselves against them.
Lebanon who attacks no one? Once known as the swiss of the ME?
Yes the whole world was wrong and Israel was right once again.
The whole world disagrees with Israels practices because shhhhhhh
we all hate the jews.
Israels soldiers were caught inside of Lebanon..... Israel then claimed they were kidnapped from Israeli soil. Israel then used this as the excuse to attack Lebanon. That is what you call self defence?

Old 05-31-2010, 11:04 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
And there we have it folks, I think that sums up the mindset of the Israeli bashers on this thread. They can't distinguish a theocracy from a democracy.
What's a democracy worth if the voting masses consist of typical Israelis? I remember the way basically the whole country attacked Shlomo for his book.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Well I think we all appreciate your rush to judgment in this matter.
Do you deny the facts about the attack on the USS Liberty?
Are you saying that our own sailors words are not equal to the excuses made by Israel?
No who is being unfair and biased?

Old 05-31-2010, 11:07 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,256 times
I'm as sympathetic to Israel as one can be and I hate how this kind of thing is always being seized by many to deny Israel's right to self-defense and so on, but where's the big problem in just acknowleding that attacking a ship and killing people in international waters is a very, very serious crime and, when it comes from a state army, it could be read as a declaration of war? Israel should at the very least apologize, punish whoever is responsible and make sure it won't happen again. It's really not hard to understand this.

If they wanted to stop, inspect or raid the ship, they should have waited until the ship arrived in their territory. The whole seas aren't yours for the taking...

Old 05-31-2010, 11:08 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You realize, I hope, in what part of the world Israel resides. They have very real and pressing reasons to be cautious. This group refused to allow inspection of cargo and verification of their stated purpose. I certainly support the Israeli operation, unfortunately there were needless deaths. Israel is in a perpetual state of war and needless death is always a possibility.
Then perhaps Israel would be wise not to antagonize the situation by attacking innocent civilians, displacing Palestinian families to to build their own settlements, and ignoring human rights!

Old 05-31-2010, 11:10 AM

880 posts, read 2,024,928 times
How come we never hear from the sailors about the attack on the USS Liberty?Any sailors out there willing to speak?Something tells me the US Govt. said be quiet CHECKS IN THE MAIL EVERY MONTH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies