Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 09:59 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times

Advertisements

Right up front, I don't.

But I was listening to economist Larry Kudlow's radio show this morning and I was astonished at the number of people calling in claiming Obama was just following the Cloward/Piven and Saul Alinsky method for the destroying the economy.

I just think Obama is a terrible manager and has no one on his staff good enough to help him. Surround yourself with academics and you get a lot of pithy talking points, but these folks couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag, much less a crisis the magnitude of this oil spill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 10:01 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
I think his nearly instantaneous response was intentional.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:11 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Well something prompted him to finally act. It's better he been seen in LA, AL and MISS than attending some basketball dinner.

Also good to hear he finally deployed some assistance to the gulf to help with cleanup.

I don't consider 30+ days "nearly instantaneous" as you do florida.bob for finally doing more than finger pointing on TV.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:12 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,363,081 times
Yes, I feel it was intentional. IMO, Obama is a very vengeful man who never got the election support he thought he deserved from the south. Any laws or bills that come from the south are being set on his back burner. Google the results! His main concerns have been on Obama supporting states not the country as a whole. He went to New Orleans to address the citizens there about Hurricane Katrina, the only portion of the state to support him. He forgot about Slidel, Waveland (which was literally wiped off of the map!).All hail the great TYRANT "OBAMA"!

He can kiss my ***** buttocks!

Old 06-05-2010, 10:15 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think his nearly instantaneous response was intentional.
I'm sure all the Louisiana residents appreciated his "instantaneous response".

Old 06-05-2010, 10:16 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,434,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Right up front, I don't.

But I was listening to economist Larry Kudlow's radio show this morning and I was astonished at the number of people calling in claiming Obama was just following the Cloward/Piven and Saul Alinsky method for the destroying the economy.

I just think Obama is a terrible manager and has no one on his staff good enough to help him. Surround yourself with academics and you get a lot of pithy talking points, but these folks couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag, much less a crisis the magnitude of this oil spill.
Larry Kudlow served in the Reagan administration..his RW politics are no secret.

What kind of audience do you expect for a guy like that?

Old 06-05-2010, 10:16 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,157,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Right up front, I don't.

List the steps you would have performed as president.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:23 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,560 times
This marxist regime is always going to take advantage of a crisis, any crisis. Thinking ahead the marxists realized that some oil would have to reach the beaches and marshes before they could justify putting a moratorium on off shore drilling. Maybe that was why offers from giant freighters with vaccuums to suck up oil were told "NO THANKS".

Old 06-05-2010, 10:23 AM

418 posts, read 1,090,473 times
he couldn't run a lemon aid stand, worst president ever.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:25 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,157,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Buettner View Post
he couldn't run a lemon aid stand, worst president ever.
Do Lemon Aid stands provide bandages for wounded lemons? Or perhaps you mean lemonade? Do you think the President is as articulate as you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies