Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 10:31 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,834,015 times

Advertisements

Well....Louisiana was after all a RED state in the 2008 election..that will show em' eyh Big O
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 10:32 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,933,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
Do Lemon Aid stands provide bandages for wounded lemons? Or perhaps you mean lemonade? Do you think the President is as articulate as you?
Do you think the President is as articulate as you?

Definitely not without a teleprompter.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:38 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Larry Kudlow served in the Reagan administration..his RW politics are no secret.

What kind of audience do you expect for a guy like that?
Kudlow started his career at Federal Reserve Bank of New York and worked at the OMB during the Reagan years. He's a sharp guy and normally attracts a sophisticated audience, often with different points of view about the economy, which was why I so surprised by some of the callers.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:44 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well something prompted him to finally act. It's better he been seen in LA, AL and MISS than attending some basketball dinner.

Also good to hear he finally deployed some assistance to the gulf to help with cleanup.

I don't consider 30+ days "nearly instantaneous" as you do florida.bob for finally doing more than finger pointing on TV.
Ummm... Federal support has been on the scene since the first day - Coast Guard, engineeers, scientists, etc...

You really shouldn't spread false rumors. Obama was on top of this from the beginning. Being a private sector mistake and considering the feds don't have the tools BP does to fix it, there just wasn't a lot more he could do.

To answer the OP - absurd. The extremists are trying to craft a false narrative and skew everything around it. Extreme liberals did it to Bush. I guess presidents just have to tolerate that level of ignorance.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:46 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Buettner View Post
he couldn't run a lemon aid stand, worst president ever.
Odds are that you voted for Bush - perhaps even twice. On what groundsw of credibility do you have for assessing good or bad presidents?

Bush has been ranked by historians 36 out of 43 presidents - truly amongst the worst.

Enacting another ideology than your own does not mean a president is bad.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:50 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
Yes, I definitely believe that Obama is using this disaster to further his agenda of destroying "Big Oil" and gaining support for "green energy" and here's why. I asked a geologist friend of mine, whose entire career has been spent in the oil industry, if oil-eating bacteria were being used to clean up the oil. His reply was yes, BP had been doing that but "the feds made them stop"....said it "might harm the wildlife". Like DUH.....and the oil itself isn't going to destroy the wildlife? I think the Obama administration is insidiously trying to make the damage worse so public opinion will swing around to support Cap and Trade and steer us away from dependence on oil.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste".

Old 06-05-2010, 10:54 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
The timeline of response. Note, it started virtually immediately despite what some would have you think.

Ongoing response timeline

Old 06-05-2010, 11:00 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
Do Lemon Aid stands provide bandages for wounded lemons? Or perhaps you mean lemonade? Do you think the President is as articulate as you?
Is that WITH or WITHOUT teleprompter?

Old 06-05-2010, 11:01 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
The Governor is the first line of defense for the people of a state. Perhaps Governor Jindal could have expected BP to have more contingencies in place just in case. If an oil well needs a blow out apparatus then a chance of a blow out exist. In the oil industries revenues flowing into the state speak louder than moral obligations that should of been demanded of a company up front. who lets a company come into a state with no back up plan to protect the lively hoods of its people, not the president.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:06 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,430,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Right up front, I don't.

But I was listening to economist Larry Kudlow's radio show this morning and I was astonished at the number of people calling in claiming Obama was just following the Cloward/Piven and Saul Alinsky method for the destroying the economy.

I just think Obama is a terrible manager and has no one on his staff good enough to help him. Surround yourself with academics and you get a lot of pithy talking points, but these folks couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag, much less a crisis the magnitude of this oil spill.
I agree 100% with your assessment.

This guy was a good campaigner, but none of this "hopey changey" crap translates into knowing what he's doing. He's surrounded himself with those just like him. Folks that may have a college education, but aren't leaders, don't have the pair that it requires to make tough decisions and are generally so far over their head that they'll continue to make things worse and worse.

They campaigned and won on making people feel good, but they have NO idea how to run a country or respond to emergency. Their first and only solution is to try and find someone to blame. They're good at that. They can find all sorts of people to blame, but can't seem to do anything beyond that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies