Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 02:35 PM

4 posts, read 8,331 times

Advertisements

I have plenty of friends that live in Port St. Lucie and commute to the Pratt/ Sikorsky site. They Vanpool (use a van provided by vRide) to work everyday. The vanpool saves them tons. I believe they only pay $60 a month which covers the van, gas, insurance and maintenance. It is subsidized by the government which is why it is so cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 05:42 AM

18 posts, read 35,239 times
Default Here's my two cents....

We moved from CT to So FL (thanks to Sikorsky). We are lucky enough to be able to afford Jupiter but my mother is not. she is moving for the first time in her life to be here with us and is on limited budget.

We have looked at areas surrounding Jupiter and I have to say that Palm City would be my next choice based on location and schools (we considered it but decided to size down to avoid a long commute for my husband). It is a great community feel to it - unfortunately the prices up there have soared as well.

We have looked at Port St Lucie for my mother and I have to say I am impressed iwth PSL west community. It is rally nice with a lot of investment going into it. The schools are not rated so well (not an issue with my mother....)

Old 11-14-2013, 06:55 AM

7 posts, read 48,192 times
Yes, Jupiter looks out of reach for us unless we REALLY downsize and give up chance for pool, yard etc. we have been focusing our search in Palm City, but the new listings are at almost 160 per square foot!!! We are having a hard time selling our (very nice) home in CT...down to $118 per square foot. We will have very little cash to our down on home in FL which is so frustrating! My husband has been looking at homes in Jensen Beach were schools are still very good and prices are more reasonable...but that would mean a 40+ minute commute for him. I think it is too far, he disagrees. I am thinking of being able to pick up kids from after school and preschool, sports, etc. So frustrated!!!

Old 11-14-2013, 07:33 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,204,029 times
Living in Jensen Beach will take you a MINIMUM of 1/2 hour to even get to I95 -- I used to have to do it myself and found it such a relief to be out of the pigeon hole Jensen put me in. I tried every which way to get out faster -- didn't happen. Going either Kanner or through Palm City both equal about the same time with everybody else trying to get out too. Not enough East/West major arteries to get to I95.

Yes, Palm City is costly and always has been. We don't actually look at prices per sq foot since it's really more the location than the building cost on existing homes. Some of the prices in Palm City seem low but you have to look at the fact that many that belong in some communities, like Pipers Landing, with a 3 bedroom villa listed at $24,900 but a $63,000 golf equity membership fee and a $10,000 non-refundable capital fee you are required to pay

Old 11-15-2013, 06:11 AM

18 posts, read 35,239 times
Default Prioritize….harder said than done I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctvet View Post
Yes, Jupiter looks out of reach for us unless we REALLY downsize and give up chance for pool, yard etc. we have been focusing our search in Palm City, but the new listings are at almost 160 per square foot!!! We are having a hard time selling our (very nice) home in CT...down to $118 per square foot. We will have very little cash to our down on home in FL which is so frustrating! My husband has been looking at homes in Jensen Beach were schools are still very good and prices are more reasonable...but that would mean a 40+ minute commute for him. I think it is too far, he disagrees. I am thinking of being able to pick up kids from after school and preschool, sports, etc. So frustrated!!!
I have moved many times in my life…and one of the hard lessons that I learned is that what I cherish most is my time. So now I focus on getting the most convenient location…even it means sacrificing stuff (and room). Figure out what is important and then focus there - it is difficult and I hope that you find what you need to help with the stressful transition.

If you ever have specific questions or think I can help I would be more than happy to try and help out another Sikorsky (UTC) family. Just PM me….

Old 11-15-2013, 01:47 PM

95 posts, read 226,255 times
Are you working with a real estate agent or just looking online? Prices often depend on the neighborhood. We live in PC and I dont think any homes in our neighborhood are going for that much. We live in a newer family neighborhood. The highest priced resale in our community (not including the exclusive area on the river) is 524K and most neighbors feel it is way over priced. Even at the price, it comes out to $120 per sq ft. Next closest in price is a new build for 458K that has 4340 sqft.....If you are looking at homes near the water or with more land, you will definitely pay more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach