Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2008, 09:34 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,518,242 times

Advertisements

I've been trying to rent my house in Stuart FL and STILL am looking for a renter. What are you as a renter looking for? Does the house HAVE to be brand spanking new? I mean, c'mon, its older but its cute clean, renovated has all the appliances, its a HOUSE with a YARD for heavens sake, is it the economy? Would you have trouble renting an older home? The details are posted in the classified section, but I'm posting here to try to get a feel for the market.

This is my first try as a landlord, I just moved in with my boyfriend. But what the heck? I didn't get ONE call on $250 of paid classified advertising, and one guy from craigslist started to call me foul names. I don't think $1000 a month is too much for 2b 2b with fenced yard, garage, takes pets at no extra charge, etc etc etc. Whats the deal with the renters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 07:49 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
What's the location in Stuart? A friend of mine was just remarking the other day how amazing it is that she saw a listing for a home in Martin Downs for $1000/month.

I used Craigslist to find a "take over" tenant on Craigslist no problem. Took about a day before I found the tenant.

Use lots of pictures. As for rude people on CL, just ignore them.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:36 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,518,242 times
Thanks I found a renter, someone who fell through a few weeks ago then decided to take it. I guess my problem is with the snootiness of people. Its not an ugly cookie cutter house in Martin Downs where you can't sneeze without permission. Its an old Florida home that allows your boat, truck and whatever and is fenced for security. I find value in this no matter the less than newness of the house, others find value in new, sterile and status symbols I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach