Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 04:29 PM

1 posts, read 3,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbdiety View Post
Fort Pierce proper is pretty bad, .
What do you mean by that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 04:56 PM

7 posts, read 22,219 times
Default Martin County

Martin County is just south of Pt. St. Lucie. It is smaller, less congested, and the schools are better. Stuart is lovely with a small downtown and beautiful river views. The beach is nearby as well.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:12 PM

672 posts, read 905,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
Hi Janine, I live in Patchogue. I did hear something about the busing to other schools, but I think it is because it is county run not like what we have with separate districts. I need to research that also. I grew up in Smithtown schools, which part of Commack do you live ? Good Luck!
I live in Smithtown and my daughter graduated from Smithtown schools. She is getting her Bachelor's in Elementary Education this May and is looking to teach in NYC. My husband has been living in Florida for almost 3 years while I have lived here while our daughter is in college. I am moving to Florida in June to join him. I myself have worked as a TA in Special Education here on LI. No, I do not plan to work in the Florida Educational System either. I have heard far too many "horror" stories from teachers who have worked there and returned. I do not know what I am going to do down there.

Good luck.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:19 AM

36 posts, read 64,462 times
My name is Janeth and am a hispanic and I am looking to move from LOng Island NY to port saint lucie. A friend tells me the area is not well developed yet. I am thinking about visiting the area in May of 2008 I have a daughter and a dog I work for the schools here in long Island and I would like to teach at the schools in port siant lucie. I am afraid of the bus situation my daughter is 2years old. I would like to continue my education and become a lawyer. Does anyone knows if there are any law schools in Port saint lucie? Or where exactly is the closest law school there?

Old 04-20-2008, 11:05 AM

991 posts, read 4,618,488 times
My friend moved to Sebastian and loves the schools, she is from LI as well, there is a university there called Indian River University, I am not sure if it has law though good luck I am from LI also.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 2,626 times
We are from Huntington LI and my dad is moving to PSL. He is trying to convince us to move there but I thought it was mostly Old people?? Is this a good place for young families?

Old 03-11-2009, 09:25 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersmom View Post
We are from Huntington LI and my dad is moving to PSL. He is trying to convince us to move there but I thought it was mostly Old people?? Is this a good place for young families?
It is not mostly old people. It is mostly families. It's actually a "younger" city population wise than many of the surrounding areas. It isn't exactly hip and happening for young people int partying and clubbing, but if you're looking for young families there are scores of them.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:59 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreserviceNurseMomof3 View Post
Hello,

Our home is FSBO due to my spouse's job relocation. If you are still interested in a move to Port St. Lucie send me private message and I can provide you with more information and pictures of the house.

In the meantime here is a link to the school district were you can get more info on the schools and school zones St. Lucie County Public Schools - Parents Portal

Good Luck.
You are not allowed to advertise on the forums............

Old 03-13-2009, 08:03 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aonespy View Post
What do you mean by that?
He means that although Ft Pierce is trying to re-do their city it's not the greatest or safest place to live. I personally would not live there and I HAVE worked there. Move down to PSL ...lots of families and a much better area.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:47 AM

17 posts, read 40,647 times
Default Port St Lucie

Port St Lucie to Invest $22 Million

March 13, 2009 by www.kenduncanrealtor.com
Port St Lucie is about to invest $22 million to attract high profile companies to the city.

This is the largest investment fund held in Florida. The whole idea focuses in building a huge jobs creation corridor at Tradition where Torrey Pines opened it 100,000 square foot lab earlier this year. Now VTGI Florida is breaking ground in the same area this year on its new lab.
This is only the start. Tradition is one of the largest new development areas in Florida with a lot of other interested companies looking to invest in the area.
We will keep you posted on this story as it happens. This only adds to the fact that buying an investment property in Port St Lucie at current prices is a very good idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach