Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 01:29 PM

36 posts, read 64,462 times

Advertisements

Thank you for the info. The only thing that bothers me about the Port saint lucie area is that there are many foreclosures. This is going to bring alot of board up homes. I like it over there I wish I could move now. Once my home is sold in NY I would definitely like to move there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 11:14 AM

77 posts, read 297,336 times
Personally, I'd avoid PSL but again this is MY opinion. It's way to overcrowded and congested for me. I am from Long Island also (Kings Park) and moved to Florida about 12 years ago. We live in Sebastian and although it's a little too slow for me here, Vero is 10 minutes away and has good schools (florida standards of course), St. Edwards (for private school is excellent) and decent shopping, etc. If you want something like PSL with lots of families/shopping etc. I would consider Jensen Beach which is 10 minutes south of PSL. Schools are very good and you have plenty of shopping and things to do.

Also PSL is WAY to close to Fort Pierce. It's been a while since I've lived on LI but back in the day Brentwood would come to mind...so think of a dangerous area on Long Island...gangs...guns...drugs...etc and that's Fort Pierce. I used to work in Fort Pierce and hated leaving work late at night. If you'd like any other info, feel free to DM me.

Again, this is my opinion. Many like PSL.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:13 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy7890 View Post
Personally, I'd avoid PSL but again this is MY opinion. It's way to overcrowded and congested for me. I am from Long Island also (Kings Park) and moved to Florida about 12 years ago. We live in Sebastian and although it's a little too slow for me here, Vero is 10 minutes away and has good schools (florida standards of course), St. Edwards (for private school is excellent) and decent shopping, etc. If you want something like PSL with lots of families/shopping etc. I would consider Jensen Beach which is 10 minutes south of PSL. Schools are very good and you have plenty of shopping and things to do.

Also PSL is WAY to close to Fort Pierce. It's been a while since I've lived on LI but back in the day Brentwood would come to mind...so think of a dangerous area on Long Island...gangs...guns...drugs...etc and that's Fort Pierce. I used to work in Fort Pierce and hated leaving work late at night. If you'd like any other info, feel free to DM me.

WAY to close to Ft Pierce? Did you not read the prior post that PSL is HUGE and not just a little nothing anymore? There is no comparison to Ft. Pierce or what goes on in Ft. Pierce. Where have you been in the last couple of years? OH.... that's right in the little town of Sebastian, which is not even close to being in PSL. Why not take a drive down I95 one day and get off the exit at St. Lucie West and Gatlin....you might be surprised.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:32 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
WAY to close to Ft Pierce? Did you not read the prior post that PSL is HUGE and not just a little nothing anymore? There is no comparison to Ft. Pierce or what goes on in Ft. Pierce. Where have you been in the last couple of years? OH.... that's right in the little town of Sebastian, which is not even close to being in PSL. Why not take a drive down I95 one day and get off the exit at St. Lucie West and Gatlin....you might be surprised.

Not to mention that for YEARS PSL made all of the "safest city lists" even while being right next to Fort Pierce. The majority of Fort Pierce's crimes are "localized" and location-specific around the grunge ghetto/Avenue D like it always has been.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:10 AM

79 posts, read 295,793 times
I moved from Long Island to Florida back in August.. I have a daughter who is 7, and my fiance and I are "young" people. My experience so far tells me that the schools are better in Martin County.. I work in Port St Lucie and have friends who live there, and if you want a nice area, check out Stuart or Palm City (where I live). Port St Lucie is okay (some parts of it), but there is a lot of foreclosures and houses that are not kept up, and it's starting to look a little run down. Head a little bit south, and you will find it much nicer.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:23 AM

573 posts, read 2,442,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillzilla View Post
I moved from Long Island to Florida back in August.. I have a daughter who is 7, and my fiance and I are "young" people. My experience so far tells me that the schools are better in Martin County.. I work in Port St Lucie and have friends who live there, and if you want a nice area, check out Stuart or Palm City (where I live). Port St Lucie is okay (some parts of it), but there is a lot of foreclosures and houses that are not kept up, and it's starting to look a little run down. Head a little bit south, and you will find it much nicer.

how do the prices compare to PSL in Palm City? I have always like that area but could never afford it, how about now? What about the property taxes?

Old 03-29-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy7890 View Post

Thank you for all the information regarding PSL I definitely would not want an area close to Fort Pierce if I do decided to move to PSL. Thank you I will also look into Jensen Beach.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:10 PM

Thank you for the info. I would check on Jensen Beach. Do you have an Idea on the value of the homes there?

Old 03-29-2009, 02:31 PM

Default Trimt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Not to mention that for YEARS PSL made all of the "safest city lists" even while being right next to Fort Pierce. The majority of Fort Pierce's crimes are "localized" and location-specific around the grunge ghetto/Avenue D like it always has been.

Thank you for the information regarding PSL and how you feel about it. I have been there 2 times in the past year and I am looking to move down there from Medford NY. Do you know what are the good areas and is Gaitlin a good area? Thanks for the reply.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:47 PM

Default jillzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillzilla View Post
Thank you for the information you have provided to me. I would definitely consider Stuart and palm city. I liked Port Saint Lucie I was there twice in the past year but what scares me is the many foreclosures and the many people selling. I don't know how affordable are the homes in the area of Stuart and Palm City but I would definitely check it out. Thank you once again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach