Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 12:05 PM

37 posts, read 79,987 times

Advertisements

Considering purchasing a home that doesn't currently have a pool. It's in The Lakes at Tradition.

Last edited by 2goldens; 06-26-2009 at 07:06 AM.. Reason: In regards to the ToS - No recommendations or advertising W/under ten posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 07:38 PM

150 posts, read 706,315 times
My mother is currently having a pool put in by Harbor Bay.They have been excellent.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:33 AM

Thank you for your response! We will definitely look into them.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:46 AM

18,116 posts, read 11,752,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meezermama View Post
Considering purchasing a home that doesn't currently have a pool. It's in The Lakes at Tradition.

No advertising allowed.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 2,282 times
used harbor bay pools. they were very good

Old 10-05-2009, 08:07 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,197,930 times
There are a lot of pools in The Lakes here in Tradition. Most were actually built by the developer at the time. I do have a neighbor who recently built a pool and could ask if he is satisfied with the people he used.

I used to have companies I would suggest, but with this economy I am wary of doing that anymore since not as many pools are being built.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:55 PM

Thanx! That's two recommendations for Harbor Bay - We are more comfortable looking into a company with recommendations from people who actually used the company. Will definitely be looking into them. We've pretty much made up our minds that we will be putting a pool in.

Thanx again.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:22 PM

150 posts, read 706,315 times
Just to follow up on my previous post...the pool was completed right on schedule and we couldn't be happier with the results.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:47 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
There are a lot of pools in The Lakes here in Tradition. Most were actually built by the developer at the time. I do have a neighbor who recently built a pool and could ask if he is satisfied with the people he used.

I used to have companies I would suggest, but with this economy I am wary of doing that anymore since not as many pools are being built.
My wife and I will be retiring and moving to FL in a couple years and we have been doing some preliminary research into the PSL and VB area. One thing we noticed is that there aren't that many pool homes being advertised for sale. You mentioned that fewer pools are being installed because of the economy. Are there other reasons that there are few pool homes? Beside the expense is maintenance a drawback? What about the affect on homeowners insurance? I'd appreciate your input. I finding your postings very helpful.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:03 AM

1,194 posts, read 4,126,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
My wife and I will be retiring and moving to FL in a couple years and we have been doing some preliminary research into the PSL and VB area. One thing we noticed is that there aren't that many pool homes being advertised for sale. You mentioned that fewer pools are being installed because of the economy. Are there other reasons that there are few pool homes? Beside the expense is maintenance a drawback? What about the affect on homeowners insurance? I'd appreciate your input. I finding your postings very helpful.
A pool is great and we had a pool built when our home was being constructed outside of Tradition in 2004-05.

A pool home initial cost is higher to the owner while selling a home with a pool can be much lower. If we were to sell out home now we would take a huge beating mostly because of today's economics, then the initial cost of our pool would be reduced if not removed and the amount of extras we now have in our home.

As long as your sanitizer is Chlorine and you keep up the pool maintenence, I believe it is rather easy to keep up a pool. Most home owners would pay a tad higher for to build a home and a pool at the same time. Building a pool on a home that has been standing is a real mess but anyway you choose I would recommend having more than mimnimum insurance for a pool and home in Florida.

Good luck.

Last edited by Synergy1; 11-02-2009 at 08:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach