Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 01:24 AM

1 posts, read 5,595 times

Advertisements

i read another thread about gang activity in and around protland. some people said it was ok and some people said i should be careful what i wear. no one said what i should avoid wearing (like the colors) and why. that seems like it would be a pretty crucial bit of information. what gangs are should i be most weary of in portland (and the surrounding area) and what colors do they wear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 01:02 PM

190 posts, read 814,565 times
I'm contemplating Portland for law school. I was looking through YouTube and it seems like there are Crips there. They are the ones who were blue. But I haven't heard anything about it or that it's a problem for the short time I have been lurking in the Portland forum shadows.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:34 PM

145 posts, read 481,589 times
I just left the northwest for Albuquerque. Portland is NOTHING compared to Albuquerque for gang violence. One week in ABQ I saw my first car with bullet holes (not the stickers). Any gang activity is too much, however Portland is low compared with many cities.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:52 PM

22 posts, read 69,745 times
Gangs in Portland? Probably mainly SE and NE parts of the city. Like Jghoo said, this place is nothing compared to others. I would personally worry more about some bike riders(and I don't mean motorcycles and leathers) than crips, bloods, vato locos, or any other low lifes. Check out Oregonlive.com for current news.

Seriously though, gang violence here is low, at least whats reported. And to schipol, assuming you go to Lewis and Clark for law school, it's in a GREAT neighborhood and a great school, if you end up going there.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:14 PM

352 posts, read 1,425,819 times
A friend of mine is a crip and thinking of moving up here. Right now he is frustrated with the lack of opportunity. Seems the only vacancies are with the KKK in Beaverton.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:05 PM

Yeah Lewis & Clark is definitely on my list. I've never been to Portland, just Seattle, but from what I have heard and seen it is beautiful and just right for my lifestyle.
As for the gangs, they definitely should step up their marketing to aggressively recruit some new members. They should probably hold a hiring fair, distribute leaflets, or place some ads in the local periodicals to try to drum up some interest. IF they were a little more active in the community, like car washes, bake sales, etc., they can definitely increase their numbers.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:07 PM

PC, do you attend the law school or know anyone who does?

Old 07-27-2008, 12:14 PM

536 posts, read 2,155,390 times
Portland has nothing on the midwest (Omaha, Kansas City, Chicago) when it comes to gang violence. Portland is a pretty safe city. Im more worried about being hassled for spare change than getting shot.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:12 AM
jeh

31 posts, read 130,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrabbit View Post
A friend of mine is a crip and thinking of moving up here. Right now he is frustrated with the lack of opportunity. Seems the only vacancies are with the KKK in Beaverton.
hahaha

Old 07-10-2009, 11:30 PM

75 posts, read 242,024 times
Default law school neighborhoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not PC View Post
Gangs in Portland? Probably mainly SE and NE parts of the city. Like Jghoo said, this place is nothing compared to others. I would personally worry more about some bike riders(and I don't mean motorcycles and leathers) than crips, bloods, vato locos, or any other low lifes. Check out Oregonlive.com for current news.

Seriously though, gang violence here is low, at least whats reported. And to schipol, assuming you go to Lewis and Clark for law school, it's in a GREAT neighborhood and a great school, if you end up going there.

Tell me about the neighborhood of L and C law - do people live in Forest Heights or what? Thanks in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland