Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 10:41 PM

4 posts, read 39,733 times

Advertisements

to live by the seat of my pants-tom sawyerish. to start a new life,meet new people,experience the gorgous nature of the northwest. it would be nice to hook up with people on this site, and then we won't be strangers anymore when i arrive.jim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2006, 06:55 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,674,486 times
Sorry, i moved out of the great northwest to something better, lived there 30 years born and raised, seat of your pants huh, well your pants will be wet!!

Old 07-27-2006, 12:24 AM

4 posts, read 39,733 times
okay, thanx for your opinions...are there other places in oregon you would suggest as a better alternative? and really, i like rain..maybe i'll get sick of it, but i really like rain..go figure.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:43 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,053,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsbabe1
Sorry, i moved out of the great northwest to something better, lived there 30 years born and raised, seat of your pants huh, well your pants will be wet!!

*LOL* ...same here.

But to answer your one of your questions, Jim, if you're debating between Portland and Seattle, I'd have to say Seattle. It's still a more booming place than Portland and should be much easier to find a job. Remember, it still has Microsoft and Boeing to anchor the job market there.

--'rocco

Last edited by scirocco22; 08-19-2007 at 10:15 PM..

Old 07-27-2006, 06:52 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,674,486 times
Totally agree, Seattle is a really cool place, if it most be Oregon try Bend, beautiful town and really growing. I like rain too just not everyday all day.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:17 AM

2 posts, read 11,760 times
Default Moving out of Portland

I agree that if there are alot of people moving out there are also alot of people moving here too.

I have been telling my husband for years that Portland will probably boom in the next 10 years.

We are moving in the spring to Canby/Aurora area because husbands job is south and a good gig. But I will be ok with leaving East Portland. I will be really ok with it.

Old 10-03-2006, 01:32 PM

216 posts, read 910,186 times
Interesting topic. We just moved to Tigard (burb of Portland) from out of State and plan on moving out by next summer! Too darn CROWDED!!! We are looking at Washington, Texas, or Colorado. Most likely Washington in the Camas/Washougal area though. I have also been hearing that a lot of people are leaving due to the housing prices. We lived here 10 years ago and boy has it changed!!! YIKES.

Old 10-06-2006, 05:50 PM

3 posts, read 13,595 times
Default Think twice

Oregon is pretty, but prices are really going up on houses. If you do not like the rain or you are coming from a sunny place, you may get a seasonal depression.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:53 PM

28 posts, read 256,900 times
Strange how things work. I lived baking in sunlight for over 20 years in both Arizona and California. And I couldn't be happier that my ass is now getting wet. I had forgotten there were things like natural lakes and the little things like, you know, colors and trees in this world as I slowly melted away in fake, fake, and now tremendously more fake suburban Phoenix. Each time I go back to visit friends and family, within an hour of getting off the plane, I'm reminded like a slap in the face why I left that dump and came to the Pacific Northwest - a place that actually has soul.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:02 PM

33 posts, read 110,510 times
I will been moving from Central California in just a few months with my family.. We will find a place to rent when the time get closer... I don't know what you do for a living. I'm work in Medical Admin by training.. right now I'm working at Chilis so I can transfer.. When we first decided to move to Oregon I put my Resume out there to seen what responses I would get and had to stop because I was getting job offers.. I can't wait to get there and get back into my field of training.... I would look into the temp agencies, I've gotten jobs through them before here in Ca. I have talked to one in the Portland area, with questions I had they we very nice and helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland