Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 10:17 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,171,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Since I am being accused of being so negative by pointing out the negatives of bringing a child into this world without 2 parents (which is where this thread was before grandmas nose)

CT and OhioChic...give me your answer on this scenario and what you do.

You're sick. 103 fever, throwing up, diarrhea, can barely lift your head off the pillow, dehydrated etc.... Your baby is 4 months old and obviously needs a ton of care. Guess what? The baby just got the same flu you have only she is reacting by crying nonstop along with all of the bodily fluids leaving her body and the fever. What do you do? Go.

If I didn't have someone who could come and help me, then I would force myself to get up and tend to my child. I would put them in bed with me, or in a playpen next to my bed so I culd be near them at all times.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:18 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,811,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
been there done that....you put the baby next to and try to take care of him/ger best you can. If it gets to the point where you can not you call a friend, mom, cousin, sister, brother, neighbor, co worker point is SOMEONE will be able to help you unless you have no one at all you likes you or your child.
Really? You don't take a baby that sick to the doctor? You put the baby next to you when you are throwing up and she is throwing up everywhere? Nope. Nobody is around. They all have jobs and lives.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
If I didn't have someone who could come and help me, then I would force myself to get up and tend to my child. I would put them in bed with me, or in a playpen next to my bed so I culd be near them at all times.
A screaming 4 month old with a high fever in a playpen alone throwing up?

Old 04-13-2011, 10:19 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,684,192 times
Quote:
Really? You don't take a baby that sick to the doctor? You put the baby next to you when you are throwing up and she is throwing up everywhere? Nope. Nobody is around. They all have jobs and lives.

well I would assume at that point the baby has already been to the DR its common sense especially a 4 month old DUH!! I was speaking in the sense that it has been to the dr and received treatment and is waiting to get better, come a little harder next time

Old 04-13-2011, 10:21 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,365,616 times
Quote:
yes I agree and I were in her situation I would more than likely adopt for a few reasons but I dont think she wants to and when you have your mind set there isnt much to change that state of mind.
I'm not trying to push her into adoption. It sounds like the last thing she should do IMO. I'm just pointing out that she's being illogical. Part of acceptance is acknowledging reality. If she realizes adoption is her only way to have children and choses not to adopt, then she can eventually get to a point of acceptance via acknowledging it was her decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
She didn't ask how she could obtain a child. She asked how others in her situation have come to terms with infertility.
And I shared how I accepted that I couldn't have children many, many pages back. She keeps dragging these other issues into the discussion, not us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
This not true. I stated above that due to years of misdiagnosis, I have a slim to none chance of that happening. While I said slim, the doctor's outlook is not good about that even, and not even with regular IUI, but rather IVF. IVF is the only way to 100% guarantee I will eve have a child.

Not matter how much I get the PCOS under control now, the damage is done.
Yep, that's what doctors told me too. Darn shame you won't see an Endocrinologist.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
well I would assume at that point the baby has already been to the DR its common sense especially a 4 month old DUH!! I was speaking in the sense that it has been to the dr and received treatment and is waiting to get better, come a little harder next time
No, she has not because you were the sick one first. Baby has just gotten sick while you are still sick. You now need to get your puking self who is delirious with a fever and your sick baby to the doctor.

Oh, did I mention it is the middle of winter and it is snowing?

Old 04-13-2011, 10:22 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,787,309 times
Quote:
I was married and I did exactly what you describe. Except I almost fainted at the pediatrician's office and had to sit on the floor. I made it home and we both got better.

Why do you feel the need to post outlandish scenarios? Single women and men handle this type of situation all the time.

And why are you simultaneously berating the OP for not wanting to adopt and then telling her hard it would be if she decided to raise a child, bio or adopted, on her own?

She's not looking for approbation for wanting to be a single mother. She's asking for support FROM WOMEN DIAGNOSED WITH INFERTILITY about how they came to terms with it.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:24 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,787,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I'm not trying to push her into adoption. It sounds like the last thing she should do IMO. I'm just pointing out that she's being illogical. Part of acceptance is acknowledging reality. If she realizes adoption is her only way to have children and choses not to adopt, then she can eventually get to a point of acceptance via acknowledging it was her decision.

And I shared how I accepted that I couldn't have children many, many pages back. She keeps dragging these other issues into the discussion, not us.

Yep, that's what doctors told me too. Darn shame you won't see an Endocrinologist.
I hope you got better support when you were diagnosed with infertility than this woman has. Geez.

OP, if I were you I would ask that this thread be closed and seek support on infertility websites. I can't believe how you're being treated here.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I was married and I did exactly what you describe. Except I almost fainted at the pediatrician's office and had to sit on the floor. I made it home and we both got better.

Why do you feel the need to post outlandish scenarios? Single women and men handle this type of situation all the time.

And why are you simultaneously berating the OP for not wanting to adopt and then telling her hard it would be if she decided to raise a child, bio or adopted, on her own?

She's not looking for approbation for wanting to be a single mother. She's asking for support FROM WOMEN DIAGNOSED WITH INFERTILITY about how they came to terms with it.
I did all of these scenarios for 20 years. And I say it because as the thread originally started, I think it is irresponsible and selfish to have a baby with the sole intent of the child never having a father. And because nobody thinks single parenting is as hard as it is..and the kids are the ones who suffer.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:27 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,365,616 times
Quote:
No, she has not because you were the sick one first. Baby has just gotten sick while you are still sick. You now need to get your puking self who is delirious with a fever and your sick baby to the doctor.

Oh, did I mention it is the middle of winter and it is snowing?
OMG! Were you watching my life on TV or something? It was a blizzard!

After the doctor's office, I had to stop at the grocery store to fill my daughter's prescription.

I looked like I hadn't bathed in days. My daughter was throwing up on my shoulder while I was standing in line at the checkout.

People were looking at me like I was the worst low life mother in the world.

Oh, the memories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy