Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 11:20 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,352,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
I could have done without the 40 hours of labor.
Well, there's always adoption.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:27 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,352,327 times
Quote:
As I said earlier, I was not even remotely thinking about having a baby and got pregnant.
If one chose to spin your sentence here in the same way you've spun my statements and others elsewhere on this thread, one could say that anyone who hadn't considered all the ramifcations of a child before having it, would by definition be an unfit parent.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:28 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,681,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
If one chose to spin your sentence here in the same way you've spun my statements and others elsewhere on this thread, one could say that anyone who hadn't considered all the ramifcations of a child before having it, would by definition be an unfit parent.
I really wish there was a rep times a million button

Old 04-13-2011, 12:01 PM

2,727 posts, read 6,161,088 times
Quote:
Reps a million times to you!

Old 04-13-2011, 12:32 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,808,874 times
Quote:
What did I spin? Did you not say that your husband would not accept a child not of his genetic makeup? Did you not say that everyone dreams of grandpas smile and it's not the same without it? Did Jasper not say the majority of the disturbed kids are adopted? I can go back and quote it again if you would like.

So what we have is one woman who knows all about being a parent because she has nephews and another who is preganant, I am guessing in her early 20s and already knows what a "kick ass single parent" she would be and then me.

I am the one who actually lived through it all. I am the one who is trying to point out what a disservice you are doing by voluntarily choosing to not have another parent around. I am the one who has seen first hand a childs broken heart when Daddy isn't there on the ball field, at the class plays, at graduation, at a million different things. I am the one who could give them everything in the world except the one thing they longed for.

You are the ones thinking me, me, me and I am the rotten, insensitive one? I guess I will tattoo B**** right on my forehead then and wear it with pride.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
So what we have is one woman who knows all about being a parent because she has nephews and another who is preganant, I am guessing in her early 20s and already knows what a "kick ass single parent" she would be and then me.
In the event this is directed at me, I never once said having nephews means I "know all about being a parent". I just said I see the good AND the bad, meaning I don't think havong kids is all fun and games and that parenting is easy.

If you're gonna make assumptions, that's YOUR problem.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
You are the ones thinking me, me, me and I am the rotten, insensitive one? I guess I will tattoo B**** right on my forehead then and wear it with pride.
You stated before that you weren't remotely thinking about having kids and got pregnant. Was THAT responsible since you apprently weren't ready to be have kids? There IS a way to prevent pregnancy.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:46 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,808,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
You stated before that you weren't remotely thinking about having kids and got pregnant. Was THAT responsible since you apprently weren't ready to be have kids? There IS a way to prevent pregnancy.
There certainly is a way. Condoms. Had my first. Birth control pill. Had my second. I am the queen of failed birth control.

I will be the absolute FIRST person to say I had no business getting pregnant. But I did and I dealt with it and handled my responsibilities and raised my children.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:40 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,319,793 times
Quote:
It is called insurance fraud and abuse and the Dr who did it for you could recieve some pretty serious sanctions.

Insurance costs go up because Dr's do favors and committ fraud like this. It is crap and a pretty rotten thing to do.
Nope, you are completely incorrect -- because the condition of infertility can be a result of endometriosis, amenorrhea, oligomenorrhea, and tons of other easily treatable diagnoses which should all be worked up -- even if the woman wasn't coming in for infertility. There is nothing to suggest healthcare fraud. Secondly, the terms of my insurance plan do cover limited infertility treatments up to 4 IUIs and most medication. If the insurance company felt that needed to be cut out of the coverage it's their call, not yours.

Saying there is fraud is like saying somebody had a condition that they did not have at all, and on top of it not providing medical services but billing for them. We do not need people without medical training to start defining fraud and what insurance should/shouldn't cover. You are basically telling women everywhere that they are committing fraud for seeking help regarding pelvic pain, irregular periods, anovulation, potentially blocked tubes / potential gyn infections, potential anatomical defects of the reproductive system, endometriosis, hormonal disorders, brain tumors causing hormonal disorders, and a slew of many other ABNORMAL things. If this is fraud then working up everything else would also constitute fraud - from the common cold to cancer.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:47 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,237,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Nope, you are completely incorrect -- because the condition of infertility can be a result of endometriosis, amenorrhea, oligomenorrhea, and tons of other easily treatable diagnoses which should all be worked up --
Those are all "easily treatable"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy