Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 01:26 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,390,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
The woman at church was not happy (and no, she wasn't trying to get pregnant at all, she thought she was done with babies). I think it would be nice to have twins though in a year or two, preferably one of each and then be done with having babies.
Ha, I had a single baby daughter, and thought it would be nice to have one more. I gave birth to boy/girl twins in November. When I found out, I thought for sure I would be done. But now that the babies are getting older, and life is getting a little easier, I keep thinking how nice it would be to maybe just have one more. But I am 38, and unfortunately I don't have that much time left to wait around to make the decision if I don't want all of my kids to be spaced so close together. Its more a personal thing though, I am not sure if I want to be pregnant after age 41.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 06:51 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,630,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
Ha, I had a single baby daughter, and thought it would be nice to have one more. I gave birth to boy/girl twins in November. When I found out, I thought for sure I would be done. But now that the babies are getting older, and life is getting a little easier, I keep thinking how nice it would be to maybe just have one more. But I am 38, and unfortunately I don't have that much time left to wait around to make the decision if I don't want all of my kids to be spaced so close together. Its more a personal thing though, I am not sure if I want to be pregnant after age 41.
for what its worth, my son (at mid forties and unplanned,) was the easiest. He has also been the 'easiest' child.Not in our plans, but
Meant to be

Old 08-15-2013, 03:42 AM

10 posts, read 18,729 times
I think it all depends on each woman. Age-wise, I think you are fine. But, I think that you have to be onboard with this. Even if you dh wants one more, if you don't than that should be that.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:34 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,521,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
I don’t think anyone has the right to judge someone else’s reproductive choices. I had my son at 32, and my daughter was adopted when I had just turned 38. I had some family members say I was "too old" for a second baby, never mind adopting one. My husband and I disagreed, and moved forward with our daughter's adoption. She is now 8, and my son is 14.

Children are a blessing whenever they come.

I hate when people thinks they have the tight to comment on what is right or not for you. You are not too old in your 30s in any way. When you reach your 40s there are increased risks but if you are healthy that's all that matter. I have seen, as have most of us, people in their 20's being unhealthy, always tired/low energy. How are they better off than someone who is at top health and in their 40's?

Old 08-24-2013, 12:01 AM

24,152 posts, read 32,563,008 times
What age? The age when she can no longer conceive. As long as she can suppoty the baby - it is her business.

Age is an asset when it comes to parenting. If she and her SO can support the baby - it's no ones business. Same if she wants to parent while single.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy