Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 11:41 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,428,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Correct, there is a LOT TO DO in the Prescott Valley / Prescott area.
No, there isn't. Prescott valley is very limited when it comes to activies and entertainment, and throw in the rural housing and poor economy, you get situations like this.

The kids were probably bored, and got the "rush" from stealing.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:41 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,304,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
No, there isn't. Prescott valley is very limited when it comes to activies and entertainment, and throw in the rural housing and poor economy, you get situations like this.

The kids were probably bored, and got the "rush" from stealing.
What would you suggest there needs to be to keep kids from getting "bored" then?

Old 12-04-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
What would you suggest there needs to be to keep kids from getting "bored" then?
That's obvious erik, things to do.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
That's obvious erik, things to do.
Such as?

There already are movies, skating, bowling, fishing, camping, hiking, museums, rock climbing and much more -

"Things"? Like what?

And, with due respect, refrain from using my real name. I have asked you politely several times.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Such as?

There already are movies, skating, bowling, fishing, camping, hiking, museums, rock climbing and much more -

"Things"? Like what?

And, with due respect, refrain from using my real name. I have asked you politely several times.
The bowling alley sucks, and what teenager is into bolwing anyways?

Movies are expensive, and jobs for teenagers in PV are VERY limited, good luck being able to afford movies on a regular basis.

Museums are the last thing a teenager would be interested in.

Camping and Fishing gets old when you do it everyday, and without means of transportation it's not easy.

Prescott Valley is a boring rural city, and being a teenager in a rural town is horrible, speaking from experience.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
The bowling alley sucks, and what teenager is into bolwing anyways?

Movies are expensive, and jobs for teenagers in PV are VERY limited, good luck being able to afford movies on a regular basis.

Museums are the last thing a teenager would be interested in.

Camping and Fishing gets old when you do it everyday, and without means of transportation it's not easy.

Prescott Valley is a boring rural city, and being a teenager in a rural town is horrible, speaking from experience.
Lots of teens bowl btw

But, you still have not told us what "things" need to be in PV for teens.

Don't forget the trail bike riding. ATV's. During the winter and within a short drive, skiing - summer time - water sking. Movies are not that expensive -

Come on - you said "things" - Like what?

Old 12-04-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Lots of teens bowl btw

But, you still have not told us what "things" need to be in PV for teens.

Don't forget the trail bike riding. ATV's. During the winter and within a short drive, skiing - summer time - water sking. Movies are not that expensive -

Come on - you said "things" - Like what?
No, they don't. You're like 60, what makes you think teenagers enjoy bowling? Maybere there is 3-4 nerds that get togher on the weekend and bowl, but that's one day a week, what about the rest of the week, or the rest of the year?

The "things" kids need is social stimulation, friendships, and activies that aren't boring like bowling.

Most kids on PV don't own ATV's and if they do they're lucky.

Living in a rural town with no transportaion gives you very little options of "things to do" so you're left with what is local.

Want more examples? There's no theme parks, no waterparks, no "under 21" clubs, no paintball, no airsoft, etc.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
No, they don't. You're like 60, what makes you think teenagers enjoy bowling? Maybere there is 3-4 nerds that get togher on the weekend and bowl, but that's one day a week, what about the rest of the week, or the rest of the year?

The "things" kids need is social stimulation, friendships, and activies that aren't boring like bowling.

Most kids on PV don't own ATV's and if they do they're lucky.

Living in a rural town with no transportation gives you very little options of "things to do" so you're left with what is local.
There is bus service into downtown Prescott.

There are shopping centers in PV. Heck - there is even a Costco AND a Sam's club. Lots of eating places. And, just because YOU don't like bowling does not mean others don't - There young peoples bowling leagues are FULL according to a dear friend up in Prescott - who has teenagers.

Face it - there is lots to do. 4H is very active. Horses are very common. Lots of ATV and cycles. Rock climbing / mountain climbing. Scouting. Church and Fellowship groups -

There is a TON to do there KarmaPhx.

Heck, just this last Saturday, the annual Festival of Lights parade was in Prescott - and there was a s..t pot load of young people participating in the parade.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:18 AM

Quote:
There is bus service into downtown Prescott.

There are shopping centers in PV. Heck - there is even a Costco AND a Sam's club. Lots of eating places. And, just because YOU don't like bowling does not mean others don't - There young peoples bowling leagues are FULL according to a dear friend up in Prescott - who has teenagers.

Face it - there is lots to do. 4H is very active. Horses are very common. Lots of ATV and cycles. Rock climbing / mountain climbing. Scouting. Church and Fellowship groups -

There is a TON to do there KarmaPhx.

Heck, just this last Saturday, the annual Festival of Lights parade was in Prescott - and there was a s..t pot load of young people participating in the parade.
What there is to do is really besides the point, these kids obviously got bored with what there was to do when they decided it would be fun to start robbing houses and vehicles.

I think you have a totally obscured idea of what teenagers enjoy doing, things aren't the same as they were in your day.

Social standards keep many kids from things like bowling and church youth groups, these kids get ostracized for beloning to groups like this. The "cool" things to do now are drinking and drugs, which in PV is VERY common.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:23 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,222,749 times
Drinking and drugs, you blame it on Prescott Valley because kids can't find anything cool to do other than drinking and drugging? You gotta be kidding me? And why do kids need ...NEED things to do, they can't create constructive things to do, without turning to cool stuff like drinking and drugs?

If our young people today, have come to this, for fun..our future here in America is doomed but fortunately, I don't think that is the case. I think a select few of the young people of today, have to result with numbing their brain.

The young people of today, aren't any different from the young people of my day or the gerneration of the 40's and 50's. Young people partied, they went to dances, they went bowling, ice skating, movies.
There were drugs in all generations, just more of them as time went by.

You know what my mother said to me when I was growing up and if I said I was bored? She would hand me the dust cloth, vacuum cleaner and told me keep myself busy.
It is not Prescott Valley's fault if these young men got bored, it is their fault. And I hope they realize they are responsible for their own actions, and that they learn a lesson or two.

There is a show on television, reality show, they have 17 kids and their children are growing without television. Imagine that. I can't see those children ever doing anything irresponsible and choke it up to boredom. It is all about how one raises their children.

Excuse me poster but how old are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott