Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2010, 10:12 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times

Advertisements

This entire discussion is NOT about race, it's about humanity. Some people get it, others obviously aren't able to ever do so.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:18 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,849,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
This entire discussion is NOT about race, it's about humanity. Some people get it, others obviously aren't able to ever do so.
i agree. but people are throwing in the issue of race. there really should be no discussion on whether or not what michael vick did was wrong, because it absolutely was...but bullbear suggesting that blacks do nothing but apologize for each other is ridiculous

Old 11-22-2010, 10:23 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
i agree. but people are throwing in the issue of race. there really should be no discussion on whether or not what michael vick did was wrong, because it absolutely was...but bullbear suggesting that blacks do nothing but apologize for each other is ridiculous
I agree that a lot of this has been nothing less than yet another avenue for race baiting.

I've been around here long enough for most to know that I am not in that category, hopefully.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:41 PM

16,702 posts, read 29,532,605 times
Quote:
oh, stop the whiny bulls**t. vick has white supporters just as well as black ones. just because some blacks are claiming he did nothing wrong, that doesn't mean we all feel the same way. if anyone is being racist, it's you.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:42 PM

16,702 posts, read 29,532,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
I agree that a lot of this has been nothing less than yet another avenue for race baiting.

I've been around here long enough for most to know that I am not in that category...

You have and we know.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:56 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,863,348 times
Man, just skimmed the entire thread and one observation of Michael Vick's comeback has led the ATL CD faithful to throw any and every ill known to mankind on the table. Let me join the fray.

I come here as one who supported George Bush and his rationale for going to war who also likes Michael Vick, believes he was overly prosecuted and believes he has every chance to a second chance. Must fulfill my role to break stereotypes.

I also come as one who loves animals, has a dear cat who is my constant companion and brings me lots of joy. I am a product of the rural south, however, and animals did not have the hallowed position that some place on them today. We treated our animals well, but it wasn't beyond the question to take a maimed animal and go behind the barn with a shotgun and put it out of its misery. Just the country way to do these things. You didn't (couldn't afford it acutally) go to the vet and spend thousands on a pet when you are doing everything in your power to keep a family fed and clothed and healthy.

Don't know why the correlation came so quickly to compare Michael Vick's crime with George Bush, thus equating him a murderer. Would it that the same animal rights activists and/or war protestors stand so vehemently for the innocent lives plucked from women's wombs year after year LEGALLY since 1973?

OK, if all other atrocities are being tossed into the ring because of Michael Vick, and animal cruelty is the worst of the worst (or going to war in the middle east), can we not see the complete insanity when comparing that of millions of innocent human lives snuffed out so flippantly in the name of choice?

I had to go there, didn't I......

Old 11-23-2010, 12:04 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,964,579 times
All this over Mike Vick but what this woman?

Woman shot in the head…

Linda Burnett, 23, a resident of San Diego , was visiting her in-laws and
while there went to a nearby supermarket to pick up some groceries. Later, her
husband noticed her sitting in her car in the driveway with the windows rolled
up and with her eyes closed, with both hands behind the back of her head. He
became concerned and walked over to the car. He noticed that Linda's eyes were
now open and she looked very strange. He asked her if she was okay, and Linda
replied that she had been shot in the back of the head and had been holding her
brains in for over an hour.

The husband called the paramedics, who broke into the car because the doors
were locked and Linda refused to remove her hands from her head.

When they finally got in, they found that Linda had a wad of bread dough on the
back of her head. A Pillsbury biscuit canister had exploded from the heat,
making a loud noise that sounded like a gunshot, and the wad of dough hit her in
the back of her head. When she reached back to find out what it was, she felt
the dough and thought it was her brains. She initially passed out, but quickly
recovered.

Linda is Blonde, a Republican and a Palin supporter, but that could all be a
coincidence.

The defective biscuit canister was analyzed and it was determined of course, to
be President Obama's fault.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:34 AM

479 posts, read 703,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Yea I agree. dude is protro all the way.

Vick is becoming an awesome QB, I am glad he is doing well in the game. Good for him & good for Philly sports fans. Especailly Eagles fans. Dogs mean nothing to me & if it was Brett Farve or Eli Manning it would have been sweep under the rug...the same way Clemons using roids was. Some races are simply not allowed to partake in activities the modern american does not understand. Thats well & fine to me. Id love for the Eagles to go to the Superbowl so puppy lovers can crap their pants. That would be such joy.
Quote:
See the first quote AlGreen. It just gets tiresome. So very tiresome.

You overstated what I said. But FlyinMetro types are much more common than not.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:12 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,849,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
See the first quote AlGreen. It just gets tiresome. So very tiresome.

You overstated what I said. But FlyinMetro types are much more common than not.
oh, so flyimetro speaks for all of us?

Old 11-23-2010, 06:46 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,271,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
All this over Mike Vick but what this woman?

Woman shot in the head…

Linda Burnett, 23, a resident of San Diego , was visiting her in-laws and
while there went to a nearby supermarket to pick up some groceries. Later, her
husband noticed her sitting in her car in the driveway with the windows rolled
up and with her eyes closed, with both hands behind the back of her head. He
became concerned and walked over to the car. He noticed that Linda's eyes were
now open and she looked very strange. He asked her if she was okay, and Linda
replied that she had been shot in the back of the head and had been holding her
brains in for over an hour.

The husband called the paramedics, who broke into the car because the doors
were locked and Linda refused to remove her hands from her head.

When they finally got in, they found that Linda had a wad of bread dough on the
back of her head. A Pillsbury biscuit canister had exploded from the heat,
making a loud noise that sounded like a gunshot, and the wad of dough hit her in
the back of her head. When she reached back to find out what it was, she felt
the dough and thought it was her brains. She initially passed out, but quickly
recovered.

Linda is Black, a Democrat and a Pelosi supporter, but that could all be a
coincidence.

The defective biscuit canister was analyzed and it was determined of course, to
be President Bush's fault.

There fixed it for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football