Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 12:06 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,153,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrock View Post
In the end both of them will only have one superbowl.
I realize its just the internet and we are all just giving our opinion, but I would love to know the thought process behind this statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 01:08 PM

218 posts, read 244,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Hmm, I'm interested in how you can be so sure that Rodgers won't have more than one, especially with his team looking so good right now. I'm not sure how you measure stamina, I don't recall Rodgers breaking down later in seasons (though I haven't cruched the numbers) and gutsy is just a glorified word for stupid when it came to Favre's decision making imo
I have no explaination as to why he made dumb decisions to throw so many INTs. I guess it's the pressure of trying to prove too much.

GB is looking good, I won't deny that. I just don't think they can repeat. I will observe a little more on which teams will end their road to the superbowl this year.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I realize its just the internet and we are all just giving our opinion, but I would love to know the thought process behind this statement.
For now I just have this gut feelings, but maybe later on the road they may not look as sharp.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:02 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
I always knew Rogers was going to be a Great one.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:41 PM

2,042 posts, read 1,606,466 times
Rodgers is already one of the best quarterbacks playing in the NFL, and a leading MVP candidate this year. It very well could be the beginning of a legend, and the Green Bay Packers are definitely Super Bowl contenders again this year.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:12 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,482,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Hmm, I'm interested in how you can be so sure that Rodgers won't have more than one, especially with his team looking so good right now. I'm not sure how you measure stamina, I don't recall Rodgers breaking down later in seasons (though I haven't cruched the numbers) and gutsy is just a glorified word for stupid when it came to Favre's decision making imo
Not to mention that the 1999 Packers season was sacrificed on the altar of Favre's broken thumb.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:17 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,081,677 times
He's not hype according to my fantasy team!

Old 10-27-2011, 07:04 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,083,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKrunner88 View Post
The makings of a legendary QB? (See thread title)

Watching the guy play every game, you can't help but admire how he handles the ball, and his versatility as far as controlling the game.
Provided he stays healthy, in my estimation will be one of best QBs in NFL history.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:36 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKrunner88 View Post
Rodgers arm is just as good as Favre's except I don't think Rodgers has the talent to beat Favre in career interceptions...
Pretty much, and that's probably why Favre is frosty about it. His ego wanted to see the Packers suffer in his absence while the fanbase pined after him. Instead, Aaron Rodgers steps up, becomes a better quarterback than Favre ever was and has already got them another Super Bowl ring.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Pretty much, and that's probably why Favre is frosty about it. His ego wanted to see the Packers suffer in his absence while the fanbase pined after him. Instead, Aaron Rodgers steps up, becomes a better quarterback than Favre ever was and has already got them another Super Bowl ring.

He's one and done. Packers will not be in the superbowl this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football