Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2018, 06:57 AM

5,210 posts, read 6,147,251 times

Advertisements

As with my post previously, my sentiments exactly.

While I am constantly reminded of every low of the Patriots by friends and their willingness to tell me that the Patriots have reached the end of the line I am perfectly content in their playing ability both in the past in going into the future.

That's not to say I don't take every game seriously and not meaning to sound egotistical here but the Patriots have pretty much exceeded every Patriots fans expectations over the last 15 years.

To those new Patriots fans that have not lived through those years it is going to be tough to live through those re building years that will most likely come once Coach B and Brady move on.

Looking forward to the game today but as usual being a Patriots fan means that win or lose the most exciting aspects of most Patriots games comes in the final quarter as we have learned over the years nothing is impossible!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2018, 07:10 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
What's that old saying "You can't truly appreciate something until its gone".

Surely Patriots fans today appreciate what the team has done but i think that NFL fans in general, especially fans of other teams, will truly appreciate this Patriots dynasty once they are long gone and some new fan base comes on the scene trying to argue their teams dynasty is the best EVER...

Old 12-16-2018, 08:14 AM

5,210 posts, read 6,147,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
What's that old saying "You can't truly appreciate something until its gone".

Surely Patriots fans today appreciate what the team has done but i think that NFL fans in general, especially fans of other teams, will truly appreciate this Patriots dynasty once they are long gone and some new fan base comes on the scene trying to argue their teams dynasty is the best EVER...

There are a lot of underlying things that most NFL fans will never realize. Belichicks knowledge of the game of football and learning from his dad at an early age while his dad was an assistant and scout at the Naval Academy. His ability to put unknown players in position to win and ability to motivate those players other teams have discarded. A lot of fans don't care for his so called trick plays and his knowledge of rules in the NFL which test the ref's. His letting Doug Flutie drop kick for a field goal attempt in one of his last games is one of those moments I will remember. Hadn't been done since 1941.

So many teams spend money and the draft picks rebuilding their teams each year in hopes of just getting to the playoffs. Except for Brady we have been getting there with just your average Joes each year (dedicated team players).

Didn't mean to turn this thread into Dynasty homage but again these past years have been miraculous.

Old 12-16-2018, 05:54 PM

730 posts, read 1,314,577 times
The officiating of todays' Pats game was the worst. They had more penalties called against them today than in all their past games; there's no way something is going on that's not good.

The Pats played horribly today, but the officiating was the worst I've ever seen.

Old 12-16-2018, 06:31 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
it was a bad game but the Pats defense didn't play well. They didn't bring the pressure on that 3rd down late in the 4th quarter that let the Steelers kick a FG and go up by 1 TD and just melt the clock and made the Pats burn their T.o.. You can't give Ben all day.

the whole league this year is inconsistent just like the refs.

Old 12-16-2018, 06:57 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
The Patriots are in trouble. The offense and defense lost this game, with or without the refs. Poor execution on the field, poor coaching on both sides of the ball. Brady is most definitely off this year, meaning age is setting in. He's a top 10, but not #1 on the field anymore.

Edelman did not have a good game. The play calling was frustrating on offense. Too conservative as if there is no confidence. Those 2 targets to Gronk in the end looked like nothing more than trying to entice a flag for pass interference. And to use Edelman instead of someone like Gordon for a final catch attempt is idiotic.

The defense was its usual schizophrenic self. Even though only 17 points given up (which puts a majority of the blame on the offense for only putting up 10 pts), I think the Steelers themselves are not a very good team. As such, the bottom line to this game is we played crappier than the Steelers did.

We can only hope we emulate the 2007 and 2011 Giants who were mediocre heading into the playoffs (10-6 and 9-7), yet we all know what happened. We are playing 8-8 ball right now. That's a one and done recipe if we make the playoffs (we should, but....)

Old 12-16-2018, 07:22 PM

come on, the whole league is inconsistent this year. Pats will finish 11-5 for the year and have the #2 seed or #3 seed. After losing 3 games in a row and always getting beat up by the Pats, the Steelers had to have this game @ home.

All the teams left in the AFC can lose in the playoffs.....Chiefs and Texans can have the home field and anybody can come and beat them.

It's hard to make the SB 3 years in a row and at least the Pats will make the playoffs as the #2 or #3 seed and make it a run.

All the teams left in the AFC have holes and are inconsistent.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:33 PM

2,037 posts, read 1,605,720 times
As long as Tom Brady is the NE Patriots quarterback, they have a good shot at the super bowl.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:34 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,051,714 times
The Patriots are only in trouble if you expect them to be the #1 seed every year.

Steelers certainly had a lot more to lose than the Patriots. Getting bounced from the playoffs with a loss at home would've been hard to swallow. They're keeping their hopes alive...they still have next week to worry about.

Patriots may not be where they "want" to be, but it's a far cry from missing the playoffs altogether.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:49 PM

I knew the Pats were going to have a tough game vs the Steelers since the league came out with the 2018 schedule....The Steelers after getting beat up by the Pats for years, were waiting for this one....add that the Steelers lost 3 in a row, you knew they had to have this game to stay alive in the playoffs and their defense came to play.

Pats will finish 11-5....#2 or #3 seed.......Texans have to go to Philly and win to keep the #2 seed and that's not easy because they are also inconsistent on the road. I will take the Eagles over the Texans right now.

Chiefs can have the #1 seed, any team in the AFC can come to Kansas and beat them in the playoffs including the Ravens.

Last edited by Hellion1999; 12-16-2018 at 08:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football