Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2012, 05:46 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,627,647 times

Advertisements

Because it was the Saints/Packers last year (past/present SB Winners) so makes sense for them to do the same again. Packers schedule already includes a visit to the Giants for 2012.

However, the NFL is all about the biggest draw dollar-wise so it could be the NFC matchup to draw more interest. I do want it to be the Packers and Giants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 06:57 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Because it was the Saints/Packers last year (past/present SB Winners) so makes sense for them to do the same again. Packers schedule already includes a visit to the Giants for 2012.

However, the NFL is all about the biggest draw dollar-wise so it could be the NFC matchup to draw more interest. I do want it to be the Packers and Giants.
I don't think the SB champions should open against a BIG TEAM

Old 02-28-2012, 10:48 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,659,287 times
It pretty much cant be the 49ers, because unless I miss my guess, the Giants are scheduled to travel to San Fran again this coming season. They wont make the champs travel on the NFL's opening night.

I dont think they will have the Giants play an interconference game or an intradivisional game, so that cuts out the AFC North and the NFC East. The two biggest possibilities left are the Saints and the Packers. I think the NFL will go Green Bay...because as I stated earlier, I dont think they will make the Saints do that rodeo twice in a row. Yes, GB would do it twice in a row as well, but in the Saints case, they traveled to Green Bay last season. I dont think they are going to make the Saints travel to the defending SB champs twice in a row. Hence, Green Bay.

Hey, I could be wrong, but that is my feeling...

Old 02-28-2012, 10:51 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
It pretty much cant be the 49ers, because unless I miss my guess, the Giants are scheduled to travel to San Fran again this coming season. They wont make the champs travel on the NFL's opening night.

I dont think they will have the Giants play an interconference game or an intradivisional game, so that cuts out the AFC North and the NFC East. The two biggest possibilities left are the Saints and the Packers. I think the NFL will go Green Bay...because as I stated earlier, I dont think they will make the Saints do that rodeo twice in a row. Yes, GB would do it twice in a row as well, but in the Saints case, they traveled to Green Bay last season. I dont think they are going to make the Saints travel to the defending SB champs twice in a row. Hence, Green Bay.

Hey, I could be wrong, but that is my feeling...

Makes no sense they have to travel to San Fran when they just went there last year

Old 02-28-2012, 11:09 PM

I think that is one of those scheduling quirks. Last season, the NFC East played the NFC West, and it was the 49ers turn to host that matchup. The teams, in that rotation played each other last in 2008--and the Giants were at home (NYG, 29-17). Under the NFL's current scheduling system, you play the other divisions in your conference once every three years, rotating the home games. Thus, you play a home game against a non-division, same conference opponent every six years.

However, this coming season, SF and the NYG play because they both finished in the same slot in their respective divisions--and I dont know how the NFL decides who plays home and away in those situations...

Old 02-29-2012, 07:48 AM

The schedule of proposed teams came out well before the playoffs. Pack goes to New York again, which I thought was odd as they played the Giants in NY last year. I don't get the twice in a row, thought the Giants would come to GB.

Doesn't the SB winner always open the season and of course that would be at home, or at least that is the recent trend.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:19 AM
FBJ

Quote:
The schedule of proposed teams came out well before the playoffs. Pack goes to New York again, which I thought was odd as they played the Giants in NY last year. I don't get the twice in a row, thought the Giants would come to GB.

Doesn't the SB winner always open the season and of course that would be at home, or at least that is the recent trend.
Yes the SB winner always opens at home

Old 02-29-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:

See, this is the one I dont get because I dont know how the NFL schedules home games for teams that finish in the same slot in their respective divisions...

The Packers and Giants both finished second in their divisions in 2010 (Thus, they played in 2011). Obviously, this season, they both finished in first place in their divisions, which means next season (2012) they will play each other again. So...again, I dont know how the NFL decides the home matchups for these.

And guess what? If the scheduling system remains the same, the Giants and Packers will play again in the 2013 season, in Jersey, because in the 2010 season the Giants played the Packers in Green Bay as part of their division rotation.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:39 PM

I was just checking "tweets" by Packer players and one of Ryan Grants friends wants him to come to the Giants! His home is in New Jersey.

He will be a free agent, do they need a 29 yr. old RB, and would they take him back, as he started with them???

Old 03-11-2012, 03:59 PM

Well, we know the Giants just let Brandon Jacobs go, so if Grant can be had for a cheaper rate, maybe the Giants give him a look. Either that, or the Giants have confidence in Scott and Ware. Im not sure I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football